Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Akarui Dry Cabinet

Default Re: Akarui Dry Cabinet

mine been working fine for about 3 yrs... there was some teething problem at the beginning but solved with the kind of experimentation Octarine described. currently left the knob between H and M, closer to M (around 10 o'clock) and achieves 55% humidity.

i think H/M/L means high/medium/low setting, H being HIGH humidity and L LOW humidity. a bit counterintuitive, but hey whatever works... you can observe when you turn the dial towards H, at some point the red light indicator will switch off, that is the machine senses the humidity level is sufficiently low and no need to work further. whereas if you turn the other way, the light will stay on all the way.

if you just bought and set it up, initially humidity should be at room level, which varies between 70-90%, lower if got aircon. if you set the dial at M, the light should turn on. leave with door closed for 1-2 days and you should see the humidity level dropping, if the machine is working. might take longer if a lot of stuff in the cabinet, especially soft ones like camera strap and boxes cos these things trap more moisture. after that can fine tune to achieve 45-55% humidity as recommended by many here.
    Last edited by tjana; 11th October 2009 at 08:36 PM. Reason: add info

if you are putting your setting on M and getting readings like 35-40 obviously it is to low.
    so you put your dial higher to H humidity so then it should sit at around 45-55.

Quote Originally Posted by conkeychua View Post
    The digital or no digital type has no effect on the performance of the dry cabi right? Probably just look nice kinda thing?
    There is no difference in dried air prepared with digital control versus dried air prepared with analog control. The RH itself is what matters. For further technical details you can read up here.
    EOS

I just bought a 38L Akarui digi yesterday night, turn it to low at ard 10pm.
    Now at 3pm, it is ard 35-36 humidity. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by iNotion View Post
    I just bought a 38L Akarui digi yesterday night, turn it to low at ard 10pm.
    Now at 3pm, it is ard 35-36 humidity. Is this normal?
    congratulations, your akarui drycab is working! now just have to adjust the setting by trial and error. try to hit 45-55% by turning it more towards high.

Quote Originally Posted by tjana View Post
    congratulations, your akarui drycab is working! now just have to adjust the setting by trial and error. try to hit 45-55% by turning it more towards high.
    Is it normal that when i turn it to 'M', the red light automatically switched off?
    Cos i been reading the thread.
    The location of my 'M' is actually at '4pm'...and not '10pm'.. so it is quite confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by conkeychua View Post
    The digital or no digital type has no effect on the performance of the dry cabi right? Probably just look nice kinda thing?

Cheers!
    There is no effect on the dry cabi performance, but it is not just a "look nice kinda thing".

Better to buy the non digital type as you need to put in a battery for the display for the digital type, whereas for the non digital type you don't need to worry about the battery bec its meter/display does not need to be powered.

Quote Originally Posted by iNotion View Post
    Is it normal that when i turn it to 'M', the red light automatically switched off?
    Cos i been reading the thread.
    The location of my 'M' is actually at '4pm'...and not '10pm'.. so it is quite confusing.
    yes, it's normal. that means the cabinet is trying to increase the humidity by stopping the drying mechanism, because 35% is 'above' (read: too dry) your newly set value. it's like the aircon will stop working if current temp is 20deg and you reset to 25deg.

Thanks, tjana!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12