Thread: Thailand - Ayutthaya

Default Thailand - Ayutthaya

Hi guys... need your help in this. I going to Thailand during the end of Oct and I will be going to attend the Loi Krahong Krung Kao 2009 on Nov 2. At the moment I have not chosen a hotel to stay so I will need you guys recommandations...

1. Luang Chumni Village
    2. Prom Tong Mansion
    3. Baan Lotus Guest House

Think I cannot accept to stay in number 3 cos it looks like BMT style with air con. hehe! Can't afford to stay in Iudia either cos above my budget. If u guys got stay before in better location do let me know...

Default Re: Thailand - Ayutthaya

Tony's guest house.

I was initially skeptical of guest houses but I totally loved this place for the friendly staff, cosy location and last but not least extremely fast/stable wireless connection.

Price is cheap too.

Quote Originally Posted by postal View Post
    Hi guys... need your help in this. I going to Thailand during the end of Oct and I will be going to attend the Loi Krahong Krung Kao 2009 on Nov 2. At the moment I have not chosen a hotel to stay so I will need you guys recommandations...

1. Luang Chumni Village
    2. Prom Tong Mansion
    3. Baan Lotus Guest House

Think I cannot accept to stay in number 3 cos it looks like BMT style with air con. hehe! Can't afford to stay in Iudia either cos above my budget. If u guys got stay before in better location do let me know...
    Hi, what you mean by BMT style?
    You mean you need to attend the Loi Krahong Krung Kao 2009 in Ayutthaya?

Hi. WHat I mean by BMT style is that the room doesn't look very appealing. Just googled for Tony's guest house and it is quite similiar to Baan Lotus as well. Hmm... guess I was too skeptical... hehe!

Nope... I do not need to attend the Loi Krahong Krung Kao but i will be in thailand during that period so want to go there to take a look.

where is those hotels you mention situated at? inside bangkok or ayutthaya province?

i am a frequent flyer to thailand and ayutthaya is where i go when free during weekend, maybe i can reccomend you some cheap lodging...

I have just make a reservation at prom tong mansion. Hopefully it will be great...

http://www.promtong.com/profile.php

BTW, how do u get to ayutthaya from bangkok? I planning to take a train.

One more thingy is how you get around ayutthaya without renting a bicycle? I erm... can't ride one....

dont need to cycle if you dont want to. you can get a tuk tuk to bring you around

ayutthaya is a province of old cities. the different temple statue is situated all over the province hence without a personal transport or bike it might not easy to navigate ard the province.

hmm... How much should I give to the tuk tuk if i want him to bring us around for a few hours?

i recommend cycling with a map.

I had so much fun doing so while i was there.

Going there from Bangkok, if you like budget, by bus is the cheapest, 50 baht single journey, from the Northen Terminal

By train is easier since the train station is located more center in the town, as oppose to the bus terminal a bit far north (taxi back to Khao San Road area could cost about 100 baht + a highway toll)

By train, 2nd class, special express train (about 1 hour 25 min, though they written 1 hr 12 min on their train website), cost 315 baht single journey. Slower train should be cheaper. Slower train should take about another 40 min or less.

Renting a tuk tuk, they count by hours usually, negotiate with them, they offer 200 baht per hour, try get not more then 190 baht per hour.

Ride a motorcycle could be another good option.

Quote Originally Posted by sprewell View Post
    i recommend cycling with a map.

I had so much fun doing so while i was there.
    same, i prefer cycling and finding my way around but got a terrible sun burnt on my hands.

All right then... guess I will take a train there and maybe learn cycling from there as well.... haha! Worst case scenario I shall tian mi mi with my fren lor... haha!

BTW, is it impossible to walk around? I notice some places can be as far as 1 km...

It is quite far from one point to another, IMO. No point walking there. Those go budget, will just cycling there. Those prepare to spend a little, will rent the tuk tuk.