Thread: Another Side of SIN 2009

Default Another Side of SIN 2009

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    would like to have comments regarding my composition and angle

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

i hope to achieve a art where viewers will have to wonder around their minds of the lady in the photo.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    Was at SIN 2009 with my wife. when alot of people is taking "their" photographes, and since i do not want to squueze in, i saw this empty space where no people is standing so i took the chance and took this photo. i feel in a way this beautiful lady is also posing for me even though i am shooting from the back.

Default Re: Another Side of SIN 2009

the girl wearing white in the background seems to be a distraction.
    EoS 1D MK2| 24 - 70 f2.8L | 70 - 200 f4L

Critique of the photo aside..

Do note also that this may be a rather 'unfriendly' move in these situations.
    Can you imagine how all the photographers in front now have shots of you in the background behind their 'models'..lol

Did not achieve. There are distractions from the lady in white. The colour is too orange. You need a f/1.4, f/1.8 to create a 'mysterious look' in order to be arty... Arty is ..... well some elements of the picture must look like painting.. may it be spray, brush, water colours,.. e.t.c... Strong contrats, Colours.. here.. Orange and Black and some white only....

The picture is too 'Sharp and Hard'. The softness in woman.. is not achieved...

Do show some 'face' if you intend this to be a portrait... else.. if you want to achieve only shooting the back as ART... show more skin (nudity..) or Just have her draped in a silk material.

Some ref.. Look for the lady and her back...

http://www.sipa.org.sg/colour_open_55th.asp

Yup. Shoot more bah.
    心到,眼到,手到。
    genone3, Flickr

oh thanks for the tips n tricks. i realised i need to shoot more portraits. just got my whole set of equipment. so now i can concentrate on my composition of my photos without everyday having the bbb virus on me. lol
    NIKON d700|SB 600| 50mm f1.8| NIKON 70-200mm|

Quote Originally Posted by redmonsoon View Post
    Critique of the photo aside..

Do note also that this may be a rather 'unfriendly' move in these situations.
    Can you imagine how all the photographers in front now have shots of you in the background behind their 'models'..lol
    But i understandnnnNNN one thing wor. that is a event shoot ah.. i stand where also bo bian/no choice. if its a organised paid shoot, then i go stand behind the model then it makes me a SUPER UGLY BOKEH behind the model. lol
    NIKON d700|SB 600| 50mm f1.8| NIKON 70-200mm|

Quote Originally Posted by tednbaby View Post
    But i understandnnnNNN one thing wor. that is a event shoot ah.. i stand where also bo bian/no choice. if its a organised paid shoot, then i go stand behind the model then it makes me a SUPER UGLY BOKEH behind the model. lol
    if bobian, everyone standing all ard, then my apologies, not your fault..
    As for e shot, her hair clip, hair and strap rather ugly, not much in terms of teasing the mind and wanna see more of her leh..

You google 'Over shoulder glance' can see some nice examples..
    Last edited by redmonsoon; 7th October 2009 at 05:32 PM.