Thread: Where to get LCD protection for 40D top LCD display?

Default Where to get LCD protection for 40D top LCD display?

Anyone knows if there is any place selling LCD protection cover for the top LCD display? Thanks.
    Canon 7D | 50mm F1.4 | Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX HSM | Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM

Default Re: Where to get LCD protection for 40D top LCD display?

I cut and pasted from a piece of film which cost me $8. Top and bottom both covered

Easy, if you dont mind, cut a normal screen protector to according the top LCD size and paste onto it. That what I did to my Canon camera.

mine is a thick plastic protector that stick to the screen.bought at orient pearl sim lim..forgot the brand though.

So there is no custom protection cut to its size for 40D? Was thinking of also cutting it from a screen protector but it is quite wasteful

Quote Originally Posted by prec85 View Post
    So there is no custom protection cut to its size for 40D? Was thinking of also cutting it from a screen protector but it is quite wasteful
    When I bought my 40D, I also bought a screen protector, the size is bigger than the rear screen so what's leftover, the salesperson custom cut and apply on the top screen for me.
    Canon EOS 40D | EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

I know John 3:16 does do custom cut for customers

Quote Originally Posted by bucsy View Post
    I know John 3:16 does do custom cut for customers
    Haha... you are right! I got it at John 3:16.
    Canon EOS 40D | EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

What's the price for it at John 3:16? Can PM me if its not suitable to post here...

its about $20 thereabouts. go during off peak if possible, else you goto wait.
    Licence to shoot.

think there is no custom size for 40D, so it u want to save a bit, go to Daiso and buy a few piece of the bigger size ones and cut to fit yourself. The quality of the protector is quite good.

there are many screen protector that offer exact fit for 40D's 2 LCDs. one of them is ZAGG, US$15 include free shipping from US. another is Martin Fields, SG$24.95 + SG$2.95. if you don't mind the quality, ebay have a lot.

personally, I will go for invisibleSHIELD. cheaper, durable and proven to last. I have quite a few of these shield on my camera and mobilephone, none of them have any damage so far. the delivery might take 2~3 weeks though and applying need patience...
    Last edited by kurtlim; 30th September 2009 at 05:14 PM.

order martin fields from doml. very fast delivery. i got mine on the same day within 1 hour. i was shocked!

i got a daiso hp protector film and cut it to shape. $2 cheap cheap. IMO no need for martin fields la.