Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Love affair with the DSLR.

Default Re: Love affair with the DSLR.

Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    it happened to me once, and it was my first L lens. thankfully i've got financial constraints heh. stopped there and swear to myself that i had better better my photos before i start another round of Lens buying rampage!
    My coming Japan trip busted a hole in my finances already, else I would probably be on a rampage already.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    oh... you use the kit lens as a macro lens? Cannot la....
    If you like close-ups, maybe you need to get Tamron 90mm macro. It can also be used as a regular lens for taking portraits, etc.
    Macro lenses allow close focusing, but can be a bit slow to focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    So sad.. I've been using the 18-55 as a macro lens using the BR-2A and now you say cannot...
    ahhhh that's the important bit..
    sorry I forgot about that possibility.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kookk
    Not exactly lah but I was trying to get as close to some subjects so that they take up more space in the frame. My priority now is to get more flexibility in my setup for my coming trip to Japan. Not sure I will really do macro next time coz' I am running out of ideas of what to shoot in my garden.
    Just have to note the minimum focusing distance of your lens. If I'm not wrong it's measured to the image plane (sensor) or the back of the lens... sorry I can't be of more help on this.

As Isisaxon pointed out, you can "accessorize" your kit lens such that the minimum focusing distance is shorter. That might solve your problem without having to spend too much $$$ on macro lens, etc.

Make full use of the 2 lenses you have since you have a big hole now.
    Most of us are greedy. We want things other people have.
    As someone mention, if do not have lens to shoot birds, shoot elephant.
    Japan is a nice place. Do your best with what you have.
    Best to brush up your skills on photography in composition and exposure.

Blog Entries

You're most welcome!
    I miss the Babi Guling too... yum... ~slurp~

Didn't get too many WOW shots from my trip as the weather was not on my side. The "fantastic" sunset at Jimbaran was hidden behind a wall of clouds.
    Got some portraits of my gf with my 50/1.8, which left her duly impressed (ppl are such suckers for thin DOF )
    Heeehee bro, we are all suckers for thin DoF. Look at all the CSers craving for "bokeh".

Anyway, I shot some pictures in Bali. Don't think they are WOW as well. But you can view them here http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=582588

Blog Entries

Just have to note the minimum focusing distance of your lens. If I'm not wrong it's measured to the image plane (sensor) or the back of the lens... sorry I can't be of more help on this.

As Isisaxon pointed out, you can "accessorize" your kit lens such that the minimum focusing distance is shorter. That might solve your problem without having to spend too much $$$ on macro lens, etc.
    TS, another setup for macro you can consider is the Raynox macro lens attachments. Definitely cheaper than getting dedicated macro lenses.

Woo Hoo!!!!! Got my 18-135 tonight. Will go out and shoot some pics on Sat and return to post.

wow that was fast!

I think I shall go out shooting on saturday evening too... not sure where yet. hehe.

wow that was fast!

I think I shall go out shooting on saturday evening too... not sure where yet. hehe.
    My HK friend is in town and she brought the lens as a gift.

I haven't really got the opportunity to shoot in broad daylight due to my schedule. Will probably do it this Sat. Maybe somewhere near the airport since I gotta send my friend off.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234