Thread: what causes pruple fringing?

Default what causes pruple fringing?

what causes it??cause i heard a lot of ppl complain of it in FZ10.....

What is "pruple fringing"? I think u meant purple fringing.

A simple explanation can be found here:

http://www.dpreview.com/learn/Glossa...rations_01.htm

It's more than just chromatic aberration. Otherwise, why is purple fringing more prominent when there is very bright light?

Read about CCD blooming here. This seems to be a big problem with sensors with very small pixels, eg Sony 828.

"Purple fringing" or aka Chromatic Aberration is most prominent in pictures with strong backlight. The purple fringe will show up in the silhouettes of the photograph.

To minimise such effects, try not to shoot your subject in strong backlight.

Not strong backlight per se, but areas of high contrast, eg tree branches against the sky, specular highlights on shiny tyre rims, etc.

its CA and CCD blooming.... but stopping down the lens like above 5.6 or more wld reduce teh problem... so willl processing lor... i.e in photoshoppe.. but it happens when u got bring sunlight (backlite) and stuff like reflections and bright sources.. can find around "hot" spots... =)

erm to add, its like purple border around the white areas cause by bright stuff.... erm.. and u want examples try the dpreview.com review gallery of the F828 by sony... u'll spot some...okay abit more than some.. =)

Last edited by moos blues; 11th January 2004 at 03:02 PM.