Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

  1. #21

    Default Re: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post

    There are a lot of good work done by the marshals and infact I took a lot of good photos of this bunch of Volunteers at turn#11 before this incident with an intention of thanking them by posting their photos but now I will just trash them....
    it's just a photo.

    sometimes in life, it is better to take things easy. you can't always get the photos you want. the sooner you realise that, the better it will be for everyone.. really.

    also, if people have done you good.. and maybe some bad.. you should be objective, see things for what they are.. rather than just remember the bad, and forget the good altogether. this also makes life better.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    it's just a photo.

    sometimes in life, it is better to take things easy. you can't always get the photos you want. the sooner you realise that, the better it will be for everyone.. really.

    also, if people have done you good.. and maybe some bad.. you should be objective, see things for what they are.. rather than just remember the bad, and forget the good altogether. this also makes life better.

    Putting all the bad F1 incidents to past. Moving on and back to my Nature photography. No more F1 in Singapore for me.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Putting all the bad F1 incidents to past. Moving on and back to my Nature photography. No more F1 in Singapore for me.
    lol.. chill la.

    i'm not sure if photographers for f1 in other countries are facing the same problems?

  4. #24

    Default Re: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

    Hee hee pay to take pictures of backsides!

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Hee hee pay to take pictures of backsides!
    Nahh their backside not that nice... the Brazalian Samba dancers ones are better... (nose bleed)

  6. #26

    Default Re: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post

    Good one but I was holding 2 tickets on that day, a walk about and a Padang Grand stand tickets.
    hehe ... you should have bought the third ticket for the Vintage session ....
    always the Light, .... always.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    hehe ... you should have bought the third ticket for the Vintage session ....
    Or better still drive a Vintage car there... haha

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    I'm very touched that they use human shield to protect us... Knn
    Really.. And you want to turn on the sarcasm fount just over one photo?

    Let me enlighten you further. Whenever you see mass movement of the marshals on the track, be it for ops/A&P purposes, it has to be approved by race control. I'm sure that since you have a walkabout ticket, you could have just taken another photo from another angle.

    Take your beef to the F1 organisers if you must, but there's a whole lot more to enjoying a F1 race than one single photo.

    Cheers.
    Last edited by LazerLordz; 29th September 2009 at 04:47 PM.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  9. #29
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

    Bro, I understand your fastrations on this issue. It is unavoidable. There are no right and wrong for this issue. However, different countries have different way of organising F1 race.

    Take for example, the Sempang (Malaysia) F1. The ticket's I bought is sitting on the hill side without shelter and direct under hot afternoon light. However, I have a good view on the racing track with no barrier or crowds. I truely enjoy the moment there and captured a number of good panning shots (which some of the images appeared in an retired photography magazine before. ). BTW, the price of the ticket include the return bus trip is equal to the cheapest ticket in Singapore.

    So if you not satified with Singapore F1 race. Go other countries loh. There will be full of photography opportunities.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Bro, I understand your fastrations on this issue. It is unavoidable. There are no right and wrong for this issue. However, different countries have different way of organising F1 race.

    Take for example, the Sempang (Malaysia) F1. The ticket's I bought is sitting on the hill side without shelter and direct under hot afternoon light. However, I have a good view on the racing track with no barrier or crowds. I truely enjoy the moment there and captured a number of good panning shots (which some of the images appeared in an retired photography magazine before. ). BTW, the price of the ticket include the return bus trip is equal to the cheapest ticket in Singapore.

    So if you not satified with Singapore F1 race. Go other countries loh. There will be full of photography opportunities.
    Sepang's lovely. You can have a picnic on the hillside.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  11. #31
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz View Post
    Sepang's lovely. You can have a picnic on the hillside.
    Yes, with bikini babes walking here and there.

    I think next year go again if my schedule allows. I heard they are also planning a night F1 race. .....Moreover, can buy the franchies without the need of showing the tickets for entry and use the longest lens without restriction.

    Some of my shots taken last year Sepang.

    Sepang F1 2008
    Last edited by phoakm; 29th September 2009 at 05:06 PM.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  12. #32
    Senior Member CS TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,663

    Default Re: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

    Take it easy guys, just enjoy the atmosphere. I was at home watching Singapore F1 on TV with the sound system fully turned on to enjoy the engine sound. I then go to my front pouch and started my car and enjoy the smell of petrol. It was wonderful, It felt like I was actually in Marina track side. I will do it again next year.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

  13. #33
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    Take it easy guys, just enjoy the atmosphere. I was at home watching Singapore F1 on TV with the sound system fully turned on to enjoy the engine sound. I then go to my front pouch and started my car and enjoy the smell of petrol. It was wonderful, It felt like I was actually in Marina track side. I will do it again next year.
    Why not we built a simulator to experience the atmosphere of the race.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  14. #34

    Default Re: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Bro, I understand your fastrations on this issue. It is unavoidable. There are no right and wrong for this issue. However, different countries have different way of organising F1 race.

    Take for example, the Sempang (Malaysia) F1. The ticket's I bought is sitting on the hill side without shelter and direct under hot afternoon light. However, I have a good view on the racing track with no barrier or crowds. I truely enjoy the moment there and captured a number of good panning shots (which some of the images appeared in an retired photography magazine before. ). BTW, the price of the ticket include the return bus trip is equal to the cheapest ticket in Singapore.

    So if you not satified with Singapore F1 race. Go other countries loh. There will be full of photography opportunities.
    wa...

    can i follow u next time...

    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  15. #35
    Senior Member CS TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,663

    Default Re: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

    Actually that is a good idea. With all the on board cameras and a big screen TV, you will already feel like a F1 driver speeding down that stretch. With a bit of sync simulation, I bet it will make the experience more enjoyable.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Yes, with bikini babes walking here and there.

    I think next year go again if my schedule allows. I heard they are also planning a night F1 race. .....Moreover, can buy the franchies without the need of showing the tickets for entry and use the longest lens without restriction.

    Some of my shots taken last year Sepang.

    Sepang F1 2008
    Great vantage point. If they actually do consider having a night race, the scene would be even much more spectacular.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  17. #37
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03 View Post
    wa...

    can i follow u next time...

    Let's organise a "chong" group for next year Sepang race.

    Sepang is still having F1 race next year?

    This time must bring a suntan lotion.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  18. #38
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz View Post
    Great vantage point. If they actually do consider having a night race, the scene would be even much more spectacular.
    If not wrong, they already have the lighting installed capable to light up the track.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  19. #39
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    Actually that is a good idea. With all the on board cameras and a big screen TV, you will already feel like a F1 driver speeding down that stretch. With a bit of sync simulation, I bet it will make the experience more enjoyable.
    You forget one thing ...... a smoke creator.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  20. #40

    Default Re: Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Let's organise a "chong" group for next year Sepang race.

    Sepang is still having F1 race next year?

    This time must bring a suntan lotion.

    u lead i follow..

    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •