Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52

Thread: S'pore population hits 5m

  1. #41
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: S'pore population hits 5m

    Yes, and so? Can't you see a trend?

    Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    errr... that ST article is in Feb 08...

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: S'pore population hits 5m

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    funny thing its they also admit that many FT use us a stepping stone to go somewhere else... so we give the well educated ones everything, and they leave us with nothing... left the not so well educated FT in SIN to talk super loudly in the mrt... nice one garment...

    This is quite true... My foreigner friends (from China) told me before.. that they want to get Singapore PR or citizens which is easier to get US citizenship as compared to getting US citizenship as a Chinese nationals...

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: S'pore population hits 5m

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    It MAY also be because election is around the corner; so revise down first. Can't you tell from the recent feel-good press propaganda on this issue?

    Since revisions can go up and down fluidly at will, they can always jack it up later when it suuits their purposes.

    They revised down in 2008 which is not around any election period... But i do agree that they might be trying to make Singaporeans 'feel-good" with the recent news because of an upcoming election... Also, yah.. the number are not fixed so they can be changed anytime according to the "mood" of the public....

  4. #44

    Default Re: S'pore population hits 5m

    Quote Originally Posted by hongwen37 View Post
    They revised down in 2008 which is not around any election period... But i do agree that they might be trying to make Singaporeans 'feel-good" with the recent news because of an upcoming election... Also, yah.. the number are not fixed so they can be changed anytime according to the "mood" of the public....

    Suddenly after the PM's speech about 'calibrating' immigrants influx, all these propaganda news of FT start coming out. How convenience.

  5. #45

    Default Re: S'pore population hits 5m

    FTs? Some are really talented, while most are not.
    You need FT to pang kopi or be cleaners?
    How about those waitress who can't understand simple english, how to serve tourists and our fellow malay/indian countrymen?
    Those are the ones i refered to as FWs.

  6. #46

    Default Re: S'pore population hits 5m

    Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    FTs? Some are really talented, while most are not.
    You need FT to pang kopi or be cleaners?
    How about those waitress who can't understand simple english, how to serve tourists and our fellow malay/indian countrymen?
    Those are the ones i refered to as FWs.

    What about those that sells Western food, Mee Hun Kuay and Chicken Rice in coffee shops, are those considered as talents?

  7. #47

    Default Re: S'pore population hits 5m

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    What about those that sells Western food, Mee Hun Kuay and Chicken Rice in coffee shops, are those considered as talents?
    If the food are damn good, then yes they are talented in cooking.

  8. #48

    Default Re: S'pore population hits 5m

    Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    If the food are damn good, then yes they are talented in cooking.

    Well, it's not as if we are lacking of talent in that area.

  9. #49

    Default Re: S'pore population hits 5m

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    Well, it's not as if we are lacking of talent in that area.
    That's why few years down the road foreigners will fill up most jobs.
    And we, the sons/daughters of Sillyp0re will be left jobless.
    But worry not, come election, promises of more jobs, better life will be made.
    Don't worry, don't worry.
    Last edited by .Hack; 29th September 2009 at 04:55 PM.

  10. #50

    Default Re: S'pore population hits 5m

    Quote Originally Posted by hongwen37 View Post
    They revised down in 2008 which is not around any election period... But i do agree that they might be trying to make Singaporeans 'feel-good" with the recent news because of an upcoming election... Also, yah.. the number are not fixed so they can be changed anytime according to the "mood" of the public....
    thank you for explaining on my behalf.

    Anyway, from the engineering industry, I think around 70% of my colleagues as FT. I feel that the 30% who are singaporeans are not up to the FT standard. what to do, all my bright classmates are like scholars or lawyers or finance. nobody in engineering.....

  11. #51
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: S'pore population hits 5m

    It is a slow progress in stages; which was why I talked about a "trend". If everything do within 2 months of election, don't you think people will smell a rat? THe growing dissention against FTs didn't start only after 2008.

    Quote Originally Posted by hongwen37 View Post
    They revised down in 2008 which is not around any election period... But i do agree that they might be trying to make Singaporeans 'feel-good" with the recent news because of an upcoming election... Also, yah.. the number are not fixed so they can be changed anytime according to the "mood" of the public....

  12. #52
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: S'pore population hits 5m

    this thread is getting political/racial
    so thread closed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •