Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S'pore population hits 5m

Default Re: S'pore population hits 5m

the train now days already very crowded, no need to wait till the future... we pay to get crowded??
    shoot for fun

vince123123
    Guests

No, you pay get increasingly crowded with increasing fares

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyloh View Post
    the train now days already very crowded, no need to wait till the future... we pay to get crowded??
    they still say never make money and increase the fees....so now more imports..business better right?

not like all our FTs are driving lambo or ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by iMac08 View Post
    what does it mean? the data is kelong. 4 years back when i was having lunch in NUS science canteen. i told my friend i thought i am in beijing university.....

Just cross the road over to Science Park Canteen and you'll be dinning in India, I kid you not.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    im pure singaporean and im already being out numbered at my work place easily 5 to 1...

Whahaha Singaporean like us are becoming Expats
    Photography is Fun!!!

they still say never make money and increase the fees....so now more imports..business better right?

not like all our FTs are driving lambo or ferrari
    no business who want to do?.... more imports is more $$$ only sillpore suffers.... infact FT's dun really drive lambo or Ferrari...
    shoot for fun

The government wants to sell the story that the FT are here to create more jobs for Singaporeans.....

The China (FT) people are now running food stalls all over Singapore. My place already has 4 stalls ran by China (FT) nationals, they are the owners, not sure how that works.

Heard from a taxi uncle that now, even foreigners (FT) are allowed to drive cabs. My fren got up a cab driven by a China (FT) guy the other day, can't speak English, don't know his way
    around, can't drive properly. I thought STB used to say the the taxi drivers are like ambassadors to our country cause they ferry tourists around, but what about these China (FT) drivers?

Heartlander jobs like hawker and taxi driving are also being overtaken by so-called FT, where's the job creation for that? Do we really need FT to cook mee hun kway for us?
    Last edited by HeiPiGu; 29th September 2009 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    The government wants to sell the story that the FT are here to create more jobs for Singaporeans.....

The China (FT) people are now running food stalls all over Singapore. My place already has 4 stalls ran by China (FT) nationals, they are the owners, not sure how that works.

Heard from a taxi uncle that now, even foreigners (FT) are allowed to drive cabs. My fren got up a cab driven by a China (FT) guy the other day, can't speak English, don't know his way
    around, can't drive properly. I thought STB used to say the the taxi drivers are like ambassadors to our country cause they ferry tourists around, but what about these China (FT) drivers?

Heartlander jobs like hawker and taxi driving are also being overtaken by so-called FT, where's the job creation for that? Do we really need FT to cook mee hun kway for us?

i confirm that. i took a few FT driven cab..damn they are good. we need more 'talents' in this area. Go to Tuas..you see all the FTs driving pick up and lorries...and they are very 'talented' also. the way they drive their lorries,i almost thought they are driving a lambo or a M1 Abraham Heavy Tank..Singapore driver meet them sure die or lose out.

the other day i was on a cab, an FT with his BMX just cut my cab and we had to suddenly jam break..how talented is that? i thought the FT was gonna transform

i confirm that. i took a few FT driven cab..damn they are good. we need more 'talents' in this area. Go to Tuas..you see all the FTs driving pick up and lorries...and they are very 'talented' also. the way they drive their lorries,i almost thought they are driving a lambo or a M1 Abraham Heavy Tank..Singapore driver meet them sure die or lose out.

the other day i was on a cab, an FT with his BMX just cut my cab and we had to suddenly jam break..how talented is that? i thought the FT was gonna transform

I used to be in Construction line a good couple of years back. Because of the high accident rate caused by foreigner drivers , I think a law was placed to forbid foreigners from being drivers.
    But how come now they can start driving again??

vince123123
    Guests

Today's ST has nice propaganda on how FT growth is "slowing down" hahah

Btw, I wasn't aware FTs were allowed to hold taxi licenses; last I spoke to a cab guy that was true. Maybe the rules have changed to help integrate these foreigners lolz.

I used to be in Construction line a good couple of years back. Because of the high accident rate caused by foreigner drivers , I think a law was placed to forbid foreigners from being drivers.
    beats me? just this year a couple of accident in tuas involved these M1 Abraham Main battle tank trained drivers... really FT..i only know how to drive M113..they drive M1 and on a lorry somemore...

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    I still remember in the early 2000 when the trains were not packed after 1000 hrs.

Nowadays, the MRT and buses are packed all the time.

Even buying stuff at the NTUC I need to queue.

1 more million to go to 6 million and hopefully my children will see Singapore reaching 10 million people in the near future.
    A 10 million population...

Means garvement will need more land. By reclaiming more reclaimed lands, by reusing graveyards to build more housings, by reducing the amount of army camps...

Means a rise of all aspects of life from food, living to MORE ERP gantry gates.

What say you guys?

If you guys are free, take a trip down to driving centers around SIngapore, you see the lobby full of FT, those from Bangelash, Punjabi, ulu ulu places inside there awaiting their driving lessons. Not sure others driving ctr, but this is the case for Singapore Safety Driving Ctr. According to my driving instructor, these so called FT can drive well, can pass easily becos they drove before in their country of origins, just that Singapore license is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by hanqiang1011 View Post
    A 10 million population...

Means garvement will need more land. By reclaiming more reclaimed lands, by reusing graveyards to build more housings, by reducing the amount of army camps...

Means a rise of all aspects of life from food, living to MORE ERP gantry gates.

What say you guys?

Government mentioned before that the optimum population for Singapore to function effectively is 8 million... That explains why they have been taking in foreigners... (5 million already, 3 more million to go... heh)

Once they are reaching 8 million, i guess they will slow down or stop all these recruitment of foreigners (unless very rich or talented)... So, i think the population will not reach 10 million... but might stabilise around 8 million..
    Last edited by hongwen37; 29th September 2009 at 01:53 PM.

1 in 4?sure or not. it feels like 1 in 2 sometimes le....is this another kelong data?

http://www.singstat.gov.sg/pubn/popn/population2009.pdf

you can look at the data.

In 2000 there is 2.98 million citizens, 0.29 PRs, 0.73 foreigners.

In 2008 there is 3.16 mil citizens, 0.48 PRs, 1.2 foreigners.

You can look at it that way, out of the 800k increase, citizens only increase by 180k, the rest all PRs/FT. and out of the 180k citizens I bet some of them is newly converted from PRs...

but what to do, singaporeans don't want to have babies. Out total fertility rate for females is 1.28....

If no FT, 500 years later no more singaporeans....

Quote Originally Posted by hongwen37 View Post
    Government mentioned before that the optimum population for Singapore to function effectively is 8 million... That explains why they have been taking in foreigners... (5 million already, 3 more million to go... heh)

Once they are reaching 8 million, i guess they will slow down or stop all these recruitment of foreigners (unless very rich or talented)... So, i think the population will not reach 10 million... but might stabilise around 8 million..

Oh.. I correct myself ... MM Lee mentioned in 2007 that the optimum population is 7 million.. but this has since been revised downwards to 6.5 million and now, to between 5 million and 5.5 million...

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%...201-47850.html

Looks like we have achieved this target, that's why Government is pulling the brakes on foreign imports now?

vince123123
    Guests

It MAY also be because election is around the corner; so revise down first. Can't you tell from the recent feel-good press propaganda on this issue?

Since revisions can go up and down fluidly at will, they can always jack it up later when it suuits their purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by hongwen37 View Post
    Oh.. I correct myself ... MM Lee mentioned in 2007 that the optimum population is 7 million.. but this has since been revised downwards to 6.5 million and now, to between 5 million and 5.5 million...

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%...201-47850.html

Looks like we have achieved this target, that's why Government is pulling the brakes on foreign imports now?

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    It MAY also be because election is around the corner; so revise down first. Can't you tell from the recent feel-good press propaganda on this issue?

Since revisions can go up and down fluidly at will, they can always jack it up later when it suuits their purposes.
    errr... that ST article is in Feb 08...

Thanks to the foreigners who migrated here. And for all Singaporeans, keep those babies coming up.

funny thing its they also admit that many FT use us a stepping stone to go somewhere else... so we give the well educated ones everything, and they leave us with nothing... left the not so well educated FT in SIN to talk super loudly in the mrt... nice one garment...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast