Thread: Club Event Shooting

Default Club Event Shooting

Hi all,

I would like to know what's the best set up for shooting an event at a Club... and what are the essential tools and kit to bring... ?

Default Re: Club Event Shooting

Try to think... What would be the most important one... Ah! A flash of insight! *hint hint*

That's all, really.
    Alpha

Alternatively you could bring fast lenses with IS. My impression of a club is that there will be crowds so I think a fast wide angle or fast prime for shooting since there is limited space.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimePhotog View Post
    Alternatively you could bring fast lenses with IS. My impression of a club is that there will be crowds so I think a fast wide angle or fast prime for shooting since there is limited space.
    Not much help unless you are shooting with VERY high ISO. Most low light club shooters would opt for a flash.

How you use it is another matter.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by PrimePhotog View Post
    Unless you're shooting at ISO 24000 you won't freeze the motion.
    Alpha

but similarly you may not want to freeze the motion... the vibe of the club and all that jazz

Quote Originally Posted by aprilmoon92 View Post
    but similarly you may not want to freeze the motion... the vibe of the club and all that jazz
    For me, I won't feel good to see all photos with slow shutter. A couple of mixture will make it better.

If the club has dark walls and ceilings, then flash bouncing will not help much... So you need a diffuser or card.

Anyway, you really need high ISO and fast lens if the club has dim lighting and you want to show the ambience. Else, just flash your subject like any other camera can do
    思斌的部落格 - szeping.com
    Wedding/Event Photography - 10eyesGallery.com

Quote Originally Posted by aprilmoon92 View Post
    So use rear sync flash.
    Alpha

Thanks all for the help... i think will go for flash and diffuser, higher ISO settings. Will do some test shot on the event.....

a fast lens doesnt matter, neither does high iso, nor shutter speed really
    correct use of flash is key to get you results

you can expose your background properly or get some goofy effects with a low shutter of 1/2 or 1sec, just make sure your subjects are properly illuminated by flash output
    Last edited by Raied; 29th September 2009 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raied View Post
    a fast lens doesnt matter, neither does high iso, nor shutter speed really
    correct use of flash is key to get you results

you can expose your background properly or get some goofy effects with a low shutter of 1/2 or 1sec, just make sure your subjects are properly illuminated by flash output

Thanks bro....