Thread: My first visit to Bangkok

Default My first visit to Bangkok

Hi,

Was in Bangkok this week, and would like to share a few of my pictures taken there.

You comments are welcomed.

Thanks!

Roy

1. The Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun), taken from the river on board a boat.

2. One of the many guardian statues on the Grand Palace.

3. Artist at work.

4. Old friends.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

5. Form the Grand Palace.

6. Our tut-tut driver

7. Roof

Thanks for viewing!
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Hi Roy

I like Shots 4 & 6. I think the rest of the architectural shots will look much better if you shoot them shortly after sunrise or before sunset depending on the facing of these buildings. (This may not be possible if you go on a tour though.)

FM

very nice series of shots ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

bangkok is a good place for shopping...service staff are generally more friendly (than wat you find in singapore), and food are cheaper...

Nice shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Leongfm
    Hi Roy

I like Shots 4 & 6. I think the rest of the architectural shots will look much better if you shoot them shortly after sunrise or before sunset depending on the facing of these buildings. (This may not be possible if you go on a tour though.)

FM
    Thanks for the feedback. I was lucky to have a clear blue sky the day I went for the city tour.

While the hot overhead sun created harsh shadows that are not too much help on the 2nd picture, I thought it actually brought out the texture of the roof/structures very well in the 5th and 7th pictures.

My favourite shots are also 4th and 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalvoice
    Nice shots!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalvoice
    Nice shots!
    Thank you!

I like the photo of the guy sketching. The sketch is very clear in the photo and the lighting is very comfortable. The guy in the mirror photo is nice too.

The knife above the 2 old lady is a little distracting for the pic. Kinda worried for them... dunno why.

Quote Originally Posted by rncw
    bangkok is a good place for shopping...service staff are generally more friendly (than wat you find in singapore), and food are cheaper...
    I agree that the people in Thailand are very friendly and helpful.

Locals often offered help and advice on giving directions and suggestions for places to visit. The impression I've got is that the entire city is very active in promoting Bangkok to the tourists.

The fun part is, the locals usually think that I am a thai also, when they se me travelling with my American colleagues. So they always speak to me in Thai first.

Quote Originally Posted by longshot
    I like the photo of the guy sketching. The sketch is very clear in the photo and the lighting is very comfortable. The guy in the mirror photo is nice too.

The knife above the 2 old lady is a little distracting for the pic. Kinda worried for them... dunno why.
    Thanks for your comments. You have sharp eyes to have noticed the knife. I cannot remember if the figure was a statue or a painting n the wall. I guess all such figures in the Grand Palace are of a protecting nature, so we do not have to worry for them.