Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shopping around for 450d this weekend

Default Re: Shopping around for 450d this weekend

Thanks for all the reply..

I'm happy and busy man.. learning and understand my new toy now.

As I''ll be going to Sydney in mid next month and will be traveling alone for 4 days before meeting my GF for the balance 3 days. I foreseen that I'll be taking a lot of pictures in places like blue mountain, opera house, Sydney Aquarium ...

What is your recommend lens to buy, if I've a budget of $300 ?

Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
    Thanks for all the reply..

I'm happy and busy man.. learning and understand my new toy now.

As I''ll be going to Sydney in mid next month and will be traveling alone for 4 days before meeting my GF for the balance 3 days. I foreseen that I'll be taking a lot of pictures in places like blue mountain, opera house, Sydney Aquarium ...

What is your recommend lens to buy, if I've a budget of $300 ?
    Depends what you want to shoot but... go for 50mm 1.8 prime. GF will love those portraits!!!
    But for landscapes you want WA / UWA which is tough given your budget.

Stick with and learn your kit lens.
    Last edited by eosandy; 27th September 2009 at 04:58 PM.
    Learning DSLR control http://stormtrigger.blogspot.com/

Thanks bro..

This lens do not have build in IS.. do i need to set up tripod each time when I taking picture?

Thanks bro..

This lens do not have build in IS.. do i need to set up tripod each time when I taking picture?
    As said before, no magic bullets or formula...

U need to understand how yr cam records light and how best to adjust for a given situation.
    A tripod depends on subject, time of day, lens and available light. Personally I would spend the dosh on the best tripod available... Manfrotto for example with a good ball head.
    Learning DSLR control http://stormtrigger.blogspot.com/

There is the guideline of "shutter speed = 1/focal length [or faster]" which helps to get shake-free handheld shots. People with steady hands can go lower shutter speeds, shooting XMM you might need faster shutter, depends on you.
    In general: shorter focal length doesn't require additional stabilization, but starting from 100m and above it comes in handy.
    EOS

may i discourage you to buy from the B&S Marketplace at clubsnap? Somehow, the 2nd goods there don't depreciate as it should, which means the money you are paying does not worth the second hand value. if you can top up 200 (AT LEAST) from some of the prices quoted, you can get the brand new camera. you get 15 months warranty, and the joy of unwrapping your brand new camera. marketplace here is just way too expensive. somehow, that's just the culture here. that's my humble opinion may i add.

Quote Originally Posted by antchia86 View Post
    may i discourage you to buy from the B&S Marketplace at clubsnap? Somehow, the 2nd goods there don't depreciate as it should, which means the money you are paying does not worth the second hand value. if you can top up 200 (AT LEAST) from some of the prices quoted, you can get the brand new camera. you get 15 months warranty, and the joy of unwrapping your brand new camera. marketplace here is just way too expensive. somehow, that's just the culture here. that's my humble opinion may i add.
    Yeah.. i fee the same way too. That's why i brought a brand new toy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12