Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

My point is, why hold on to a meaningless crown, when she should learn how to piece her life back together?

unrepentant.

what a joke.

From what I see on her interview with the press, it does not appear to me that she is remorseful.

She didn't think that Singaporeans are disappointed? That's her personal view, not most of us!

When personal and national reputation is at stake, it's better for the organiser to come out now and strip her of the title. This piece of news has already tarnish the entire event. Please don't bring it out to the international arena.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by netidolweb View Post
    "Reporter: Do you think you have disappointed Singaporeans?"

"Ris: Not really, but I am disappointed with myself. If I can do it again, I will not make the same mistake." = not to be caught using CC
    Let's speak standard English Ris. If I can turn back the clock, I will not make the same mistake again.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Let's speak standard English Ris. If I can turn back the clock, I will not make the same mistake again.
    Ris: Sorrei Virgo..My England only F9 in 'O' evel...and i really mean if i can do it again,i will not make the same mistake and get caught. i will fraud not 2400 but 24000000000000 for more Zipbra plints....

Quote Originally Posted by iMac08 View Post
    Ris: Sorrei Virgo..My England only F9 in 'O' evel...and i really mean if i can do it again,i will not make the same mistake and get caught. i will fraud not 2400 but 24000000000000 for more Zipbra plints....
    I think the judges of this event really bak jiu ta stamp this time. Ahem...sorry...my England also not that good, but at least I tried to speak some standard England.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

I think the judges of this event really bak jiu ta stamp this time. Ahem...sorry...my England also not that good, but at least I tried to speak some standard England.
    hahaha...u really think the judge so kelong??? behind the scene who knows what happen. and this industry always got a lot of dark secrets... it doesn't take a rocket scientist and even a lay person to see she is pathetic......

Question is, was it a fair competition....?

Hi gentlemen and ladies,

I just come across the terms and conditions of Miss Singapore World 2009 from ERM the organiser.
    Listed on para no.4 is the terms: The Contestant warrants he/she has not been charged or convicted in any court of law in any country and that he/she is not a fugitive nor is he/she wanted by any law enforcement agency.

I have given the link to ERM's site:
    http://www.ermworld.org/spore/htmdoc...conditions.htm

So maybe it does look like there is this disclosure requirement for participants to announce any infringement with the law before they sign up for the pageant.
    Because it really comes as quite a surprise to me that a big organiser holding a big competition that involves national level participations would leave out such a clause.

1. The Contestant understands he/she shall be contracted to and represented by Exclusive Resources Marketing Pte Ltd (hereinafter referred to as 'ERM') from the date upon being selected as a Contestant of the 'Selected Pageant' (hereinafter referred to as the 'National Pageant') to the conclusion thereof marked by the election of 'Winner of Selected Pageant' (hereinafter referred to as the 'Titleholder').
    2. Contestants must fit the pre requisites of the contest they enter.
    3. The Contestant shall make full and honest disclosure of particulars as requested by ERM. Any misrepresentation of any fact or particulars (deemed material by ERM) shall result in disqualification. The Contestant irrevocably grants ERM the right to use such particulars in any manner as ERM may deem fit.
    4. The Contestant warrants he/she has not been charged or convicted in any court of law in any country and that he/she is not a fugitive nor is he/she wanted by any law enforcement agency.
    5. The Contestant shall not, without the prior written approval of ERM, speak to the press or any other media nor give any interviews or comments relating to the National Pageant, the Contestant himself /herself and/or the other National Pageant Contestants.
    6. If selected as one of the finalists, he/she must attend and compete in the National Pageant finals.
    7. ...
    Copyright 2009.ERM World Marketing Pte Ltd and Exclusive Resources Marketing Pte Ltd.
    Best viewed in 800 x 600 with IE 7 and above.

vince123123
    Guests

Great work limwhow. The legal effect of a warranty means that ERM can now obtain damages from RIS Low for breaching this warranty. It is not a disclosure requirement per se as you see in those insurance or job application type forms; but the nett practical effect is the same. That said, a "warranty" in law only entitles the aggrieved party to obtain damages; it may not allow him/her to repudiate the contract (ie to discharge itself because of the breach). Further, ERM can be said to have waived its rights to damages in view of the earlier post saying they don't mind so long as it doesn't get out. The question now is whether it can be reinstate its waived right since it was waived subject to another condition.

Seems to be a rather sticky situation for ERM if it was to strip the crown. That said, they can simply just strip and wait for Ris to sue them for breach, rather than starting the action themselves. Being a man of straw, Ris is not likely to do so. Big companies usually win in Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Great work limwhow. The legal effect of a warranty means that ERM can now obtain damages from RIS Low for breaching this warranty. It is not a disclosure requirement per se as you see in those insurance or job application type forms; but the nett practical effect is the same. That said, a "warranty" in law only entitles the aggrieved party to obtain damages; it may not allow him/her to repudiate the contract (ie to discharge itself because of the breach). Further, ERM can be said to have waived its rights to damages in view of the earlier post saying they don't mind so long as it doesn't get out. The question now is whether it can be reinstate its waived right since it was waived subject to another condition.

Seems to be a rather sticky situation for ERM if it was to strip the crown. That said, they can simply just strip and wait for Ris to sue them for breach, rather than starting the action themselves. Being a man of straw, Ris is not likely to do so. Big companies usually win in Singapore
    Thank you for the compliment.
    Just like many men on the street, I am ignorant of these fine prints. And guilty of always assuming that certain conditions are and will be set in place.
    Nothing is better than to personally explore and to discover the truth. And in this case, the terms and conditions that was in actual fact, in place.
    Thanks again for the encouragement.

Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

you forgot to change or pp the photo. shld be ris head there

"She also revealed that pageant organisers ERM Marketing did not know about her offences at the start, but she came clean prior to signing a contract.

'They said then that as long as the news did not get out, they would give me the opportunity to continue with the competition."

If true the organisers have shown by their actions they know and accept her past convictions, i.e. they cannot claim damages based on pt 4.
    Last edited by ArchRival; 26th September 2009 at 01:13 PM.

The best part is, it is called Miss world pageant (Singapore) even though the pageant is run by a commercially driven organization....

I wonder, did Singaporean get to vote to chose their Miss Singapore rep?

Quote Originally Posted by iMac08 View Post
    you forgot to change or pp the photo. shld be ris head there
    Hmm... I was referring to the folks here.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

She doesn't feel that she has disappointed Singaporeans?.... wow....

Apparently, many Singaporeans is disappointed with her....

She is a national representative in a world level competition.. how can she say she has "not really" disappointed Singaporeans, that the representative for their country is found to be a dishonest person, and someone who doesn't come clean of her unglamorous past when signing up for the competition.

Isn't there an implied obligation, as a national representative, for the winner not to engage in any act that might disgrace the nation? (Such as withholding the fact about her past conviction that might be discovered at the later stage. Worst case will be if the truth is revealed by foreign reporter in SA, then the whole nation will be in even great shock)

If she comes clean at the start, and asked to be given a 2nd chance, and eventually win the competition with everyone in the know, it will be a different story. But what happens now is, she tries to hide her past, then when discovered, asks to be given a 2nd chance.. the element of sincerity is already totally missing.. and the act of dishonesty to the public is evident.

"Reporter: Do you think you have disappointed Singaporeans?"[/I]

"Ris: Not really, but I am disappointed with myself. If I can do it again, I will not make the same mistake."

Straits Times mentioned that she was treated for bipolar disorder....maybe it wasn't Ris that stole credit cards and spoke bad english after all! She could have blamed her other 'bad half'' for all of that.. *Gollum...Gollum...*

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    This is the last thing I want to say to Ris Low:

"You are famous now!"

Last edited by Sion; 26th September 2009 at 05:02 PM.

now she kena BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4789101114 ... LastLast