Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Thread: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

F1 has Crashgate.

Now, we have Boomzgate!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaMij...eature=related

This girl must be a feminist. All she wants is 'respect' and 'people to listen to her'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I can only do unarmed combat with an Ah Lian.

With Ah Lian??? I think you probably can only do unarmed combat with yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    "i think...u know....credit cards are...like....BOOMZ!"
    ya you know...you know....red...LOUD... credit card...
    D60 | 35 f/1.8 | Primes only :)
    Founder of Revographers

Default Update: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

Apparently Ris is interpreting the online critics as accusations.

Following her Tweet, it seems like she's a strong woman unlike what many perceived as fragile- she's still happily shopping and partying at Zouk.

http://twitter.com/rislow

For those who are interested to befriend, she's on Asia MINGLES too.

http://www.asiamingles.com/profile.php?user=rislow

(ps. you'll need to sign up an account for the above)
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

Default Re: Update: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    Apparently Ris is interpreting the online critics as accusations.

Following her Tweet, it seems like she's a strong woman unlike what many perceived as fragile- she's still happily shopping and partying at Zouk.

For those who are interested to befriend, she's on Asia MINGLES too.
    She really poor thing lor.....lol.........BOOMZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More news:

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_434312.html

Sep 25, 2009
    'I will not give up crown'
    By Melissa Pang

A DEFIANT Miss Singapore World, Ris Low, who is in the spotlight again - for the wrong reason - is fighting back.

'I will not give up my crown - and my dreams,' she declared, as her past conviction for credit card fraud becomes public.

The 19-year-old controversial beauty pageant winner, who was panned in the media and by the public for her poor command of English, made headlines again when mypaper reported on Friday that she was sentenced to 24 months of probation for credit card fraud in May, stoking a new wave of criticisms from Netizens.

Responding to the latest news reports, Miss Low confirmed her conviction on five charges of misappropriation, cheating, using illegally obtained credit cards, and impersonating their users' identities, in interviews with two Chinese evening dailies - Shin Min Daily News and Lianhe Wanbao on Friday.

She also revealed that pageant organisers ERM Marketing did not know about her offences at the start, but she came clean prior to signing a contract.

'They said then that as long as the news did not get out, they would give me the opportunity to continue with the competition. Who would've thought this would leak out. Now that the whole thing is all blown up, I'm not so sure,' said Ms Low.

This will be on Channel5 news tonight. The trailer ad for tonight's edition began with "Booms!.." Haha!

This will probably become one of Singapore's unique vocab words.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Arrow Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

Ris Low now Risk High.

Quote Originally Posted by Wzierbovsky View Post
    'They said then that as long as the news did not get out, they would give me the opportunity to continue with the competition. Who would've thought this would leak out. Now that the whole thing is all blown up, I'm not so sure,' said Ms Low.
    Waolao, this means she don't really bother or regret about her wrong doing. Her mindset is really......faintz lor......

This quotation is even more telling:

"Asked if she would give up the crown and withdraw from the international beauty quest, Miss Low said: 'Of course, I am not willing to. I do not want to give up on my dreams. But if the organisers want me to, I will comply. After all, it would be the only fair thing to do.'"

i.e. she knows the right thing to do but isn't willing to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Waolao, this means she don't really bother or regret about her wrong doing. Her mindset is really......faintz lor......

So now the world will know us through her in South Africa, this is Singapore.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

Thinking back, I personally stand guilty of using disrespectfully unkind descriptions on her in the previous thread when she blew up her interview. At that time, I believe most of us were simply having a swell time sitting down at our local Kopitiam with one foot up, and sipping our regular kopi-si and chit chatting.
    But with this latest news, the whole event has treaded onto serious pavement.
    It involves not only fraud, which is in itself a serious offence, but also non-disclosure in a major national event. Face it, gentlemen and ladies, I am certain that if everything is as stated in the news, she will surely be asked to step down. I was hoping, like what zero o mentioned, that she would stand up and apologise unreservedly, and ask for pardon, followed by gracefully stepping down and pursuing a more low key and non-controversial path to fame. But it seems that this is not to be so. Being stubborn in wanting to hang on to her so-called title, when everything is blowing in her face, is truly short of being wise.
    Let's see how this saga unfolds. But I really think some of her close ones should step up to give her good advice during such crisis.
    Last edited by limwhow; 25th September 2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: poor grammar

vince123123
    Guests

Non disclosure in a major national event? Is there an obligation to disclose in the first place?

Well, pardon me if I am not familiar with the terms and condition.
    Maybe there is such a clause, maybe there isn't.
    But I think it makes little difference now. Now that it is staring at her and at the whole nation in the face.
    I think what is important is what she should do with her next step.
    Don't you think so?

please give the pretty girl a chance this is an honest mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Thinking back, I personally stand guilty of using disrespectfully unkind descriptions on her in the previous thread when she blew up her interview. At that time, I believe most of us were simply having a swell time sitting down at our local Kopitiam with one foot up, and sipping our regular kopi-si and chit chatting.
    But with this latest news, the whole event has treaded onto serious pavement.
    It involves not only fraud, which is in itself a serious offence, but also non-disclosure in a major national event. Face it, gentlemen and ladies, I am certain that if everything is as stated in the news, she will surely be asked to step down. I was hoping, like what zero o mentioned, that she would stand up and apologise unreservedly, and ask for pardon, followed by gracefully stepping down and pursuing a more low key and non-controversial path to fame. But it seems that this is not to be so. Being stubborn in wanting to hang on to her so-called title, when everything is blowing in her face, is truly short of being wise.
    Let's see how this saga unfolds. But I really think some of her close ones should step up to give her good advice during such crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Well, pardon me if I am not familiar with the terms and condition.
    Maybe there is such a clause, maybe there isn't.
    But I think it makes little difference now. Now that it is staring at her and at the whole nation in the face.
    I think what is important is what she should do with her next step.
    Don't you think so?

Does anyone really care what she will do with her next step except to return her Miss World crown?

She's a convicted fraudster. She steal people's credit cards, identities, and money.

give her erm.... yet another chance la.

i wanna see BOOM BOOM BOOM in the international pageant!!

i sarpork ris low!! i love you!! marry me and i will gif u all the RAD animal plints that u want!!!

zebar stipes and leper plints!!!

HUAT AH!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan View Post
    please give the pretty girl a chance this is an honest mistake.
    1) So if not pretty, then how?
    2) This is not a honest mistake.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Quote Originally Posted by Wzierbovsky View Post
    'Who does not have a past? Who has never done wrong? In actual fact, being put under probation does not make it a
    criminal record. It is made serious because my offence is a legal one'

The above statement is quoted by Straits Times. What's that supposed to mean?? Is it a typo or is it a real statement made by Ris???

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast