Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    do u want to chant with me as we jump down and become slayers?
    I can only do unarmed combat with an Ah Lian.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jix View Post
    So you're saying TNP made a mistake before. What made you think they're not capable of a mistake again. You are a FOOL!
    Two wrong does not make one right.

Infraction already given. Don't escalate else I close this thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

This thread needs you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k_Oe...eature=related - at least Claire is not a bad choice to replace Ris to SA instead.

Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    From a national perspective, it is best to take the title away from her, no question about it.

For her personal perspective, she is stuck .. she is now labeled and net citizens are out to crucify her. So she is left with 2 options .. (a) walk away, crawl into a hole and hope this blows over and her life will not be affected (b) fight with whatever that is left and try and make good out of it.

In the latter, she can at least try and transform herself to be a spokesperson for yellow ribbon .. is anymore more qualified than her .. ? Does anyone have more publicity at present ?

Simple .. she can come out and say ... "i am sorry that this has happened .. i was young and foolish back then blah blah blah .. but that doesnt mean that i cant turn my life around .. i did try very hard and managed to win the miss singapore blah blah blah, but unfortunately the incident from my past caught up and as a result my second chance was taken away. I now urge all young people in Singapore to be careful about how you conduct yourself, dont be foolish like me .. cause 2nd chances are difficult to come by and even when they come, it does not mean that your past will not comeback to haunt you. As for the future, i can only appeal to Singaporeans to be more open minded and not let a person's past be a hindrance to the opportunities and chances that you will give to them ... and me ... thank u " ........ or something to that effect .... at least she face the truth and address it head on.

What is done is done.. the milk already spilled, the course of action cannot be diverted or stopped and for her personally, its up to her now how she wants to salvage the situation.
    maybe she can say:

"It shouldn't have happened but it has happened. I am sorry that it has happened. Let's move on!"

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    This thread needs you
    and you!

Who would have thought?

I think Miss Singapore peagent needs you. I'm already beginning to fantasize....

and you!

Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

Quote Originally Posted by precious.jas View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k_Oe...eature=related - at least Claire is not a bad choice to replace Ris to SA instead.
    I disagree.

I think YOU are the best choice!

I'm always support you 101% as long as it doesn't involve risking my health.

Ladies, Gentlemen,

Let us all cool off in the wake of F1...

Maybe we can learn this dance to let off some steam.

(I was hoping to learn this dance with ris, but now my hopes are dashed.)

somebody dance with me?

Risking your health?? Don't understand

I disagree.

I think YOU are the best choice!

I'm always support you 101% as long as it doesn't involve risking my health.

umarmed combat = u unarming her with your baton?

err.. to get the highest score in the Miss Singapore (whatever) contest?

Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    Anyone knows what's the criteria for crowning a Miss Singapore?

Yeah. I'm wondering on what basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    err.. to get the highest score in the Miss Singapore (whatever) contest?

Quote Originally Posted by precious.jas View Post
    Risking your health?? Don't understand
    i think he has weak heart due to irregular palpitation at the presence of nice girls.

Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    .. and she will also know who called her names and made fun of her

90% of the country??

Quote Originally Posted by shutterfly7 View Post
    I'm shocked by your stupidity, its the lowest level i've seen stupidity sank to on the Net.

Newspapers are not blogs. The 'byline' does not say "Mr Screw You ***" with no name, no face and no responsibility, no credibility (to the intelligent). That's the big difference which separates dumb journalist wannabe-bloggers and newspaper journalists, which bloggers and blogs will never be able to overcome. I could write an essay claiming that Obama is an alien , send it to a site like Wayang Party who will be more than happy to post it.

Newspaper reporters, necessitated by their profession, take the effort and pains to verify facts because their careers are at stake, and so is their personal reputation and the reputation of who they represent. In the 1990s when TNP was given a false lead on former politician Toh Chin Chye allegedly involved in a hit and run, the reporter in question was sacked, after he personally stood outside Toh's house in the rain to apologise. The editor of TNP then was demoted, cold storaged, and he resigned shortly. The Toh involved in the hit and run, was someone with the same name as the ex-politician. The reporter was intentionally given a false scoop by his lead to be sabotaged. The former was to blame for not verifying by IC number.

As a matter of daily work flow, there is a comprehensive 5 or 6 step regime, depending on the newspaper size, after which any story is written by the reporter, before it goes to the section ed, back to the reporter, back to the section ed, to the copy editor, then to sub editor, to the designer, then to the section editor again or the head editor.

Controversial stories, or scoops, like this one and the Durai's gold tap expose, in the SPH are vetted by their internal lawyers - a whole army of over 10 - to ensure nothing is libellous, after the reporters and editors verify the facts repeatedly with their sources and leads, who are quoted when allowed to, for credibility to the story.

In any case, if this even fell short of absolute accuracy, the Sub Courts which is quoted to have TOLD the paper the information can and will take action against the company or the reporter or both. The paper and the reporter are also liable to civil action from Ris Low or the pageant organiser.

The timing, just before she's about to go to South Africa, makes the story the scoop it is. That's why the reporters would break it.

How anyone can be as stupid as to believe newspapers magically brew stories in a pot and pen them much like children penning their fantasies and fabrications according to their imagination and creativity of the day is exceedingly amusing. And it reflects on nothing but the absence of any common sense on the part of anyone that stupid.

I hope for the country's sake, you are not a Singaporean. Then again, with the huge number of dumb Singaporeans I encounter online, it's more likely that you're just one of the statistics.

FT who hates SG spotted!!

Show your true self lah.

Anyone knows what's the criteria for crowning a Miss Singapore?

Must got PSLE.

At least 5 'O' levels with a min pass in English, Maths and Science.

Any idea what's the judging criteria?

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    Must got PSLE.

At least 5 'O' levels with a min pass in English, Maths and Science.

Any idea what's the judging criteria?
    I believe the judging criteria was purely chemistry. Do not forget that the event sponsors must nod their heads, too. If Ah gong gives money, ah gong must also like the ending of the show right?

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast