Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 377

Thread: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

  1. #41

    Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Jix View Post
    Something fishy... This is probably some plot so she would not be able to represent singapore.
    Plot ... ?
    U mean court records can be tempered with ? or
    U saying newspapers fabricating this story ? or

    Its totally something else ....

  2. #42

    Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

    i think her future is all sealed! ...
    just wish that she should be strong now and spend some time alone with family members and close friends for some real soul-searching.
    always the Light, .... always.

  3. #43
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

    It could also be that non-conviction is not a prerequisite of representation; in other words, the application form is not like an employment one wher they ask "have you ever been convicted of an offence".

    Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    Plot ... ?
    U mean court records can be tempered with ? or
    U saying newspapers fabricating this story ? or

    Its totally something else ....

  4. #44

    Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    SIGH...
    This must be one of the worse years of her life.
    Imagine, being subjected to scrutiny and endless amount of mental torture after a lack lustre interview performance.
    And while working hard to brush up her English, now comes this...!
    I am not commenting on her previous interview, nor this latest news. But based just purely on she herself and what is happening to her right now (without judging if she's right or wrong) - she's a damn poor girl. Twice overwhelmingly exposed to unforgiving media attention. How many 19 year old girl can take that?
    well if she can't take that then she probably not suited for 'showbiz' field isnt it?

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    554

    Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Jix View Post
    Something fishy... This is probably some plot so she would not be able to represent singapore.
    Are you saying that there's a conspiracy to get her ousted by digging up her skeletons in her closet? Hmm...u could well be right...

    Heard that she doesn't stay in Pasir Ris as claimedby herself...like that also want to lie ah?

    She has no integrity and honesty, and thus very undeserving to represent the country. Looks like bad English is the least of her problem...

  6. #46

    Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    It could also be that non-conviction is not a prerequisite of representation; in other words, the application form is not like an employment one wher they ask "have you ever been convicted of an offence".
    The article reads .. convicted and sentenced to 24 months of supervised probation.

  7. #47

    Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    The article reads .. convicted and sentenced to 24 months of supervised probation.
    what vince means is that the pageant doesnt state having a criminial record will affect your application for the pageant. its not a job application form.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    what vince means is that the pageant doesnt state having a criminial record will affect your application for the pageant. its not a job application form.
    if that is the case, then something is very wrong somewhere .....
    a job application may require you to answer such a question whereas a national pageant to select an ambassador to represent Singapore does not do so ?

    The former .. u are representing yourself
    The latter .. u are representing a nation ... which is more important ?

  9. #49
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

    Yup flipfreak got it correct. I donno about Ms S'pore, but the other pageant forms I saw before all do not have that series of checkboxes on convictions that job application forms have.

    Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    The article reads .. convicted and sentenced to 24 months of supervised probation.
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    what vince means is that the pageant doesnt state having a criminial record will affect your application for the pageant. its not a job application form.

  10. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pacman's Corner
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    Plot ... ?
    U mean court records can be tempered with ? or
    U saying newspapers fabricating this story ? or

    Its totally something else ....
    Think of the timing and the consequence of this case to her career. She probably wont be able to represent singapore in the Ms World pagent.

    Keep an open-mind. Because it's in the paper it doesn't mean its true.

  11. #51

    Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    if that is the case, then something is very wrong somewhere .....
    a job application may require you to answer such a question whereas a national pageant to select an ambassador to represent Singapore does not do so ?

    The former .. u are representing yourself
    The latter .. u are representing a nation ... which is more important ?
    national pageant? its run by a pte company for commercial purpose. i think making money and getting publicity more important than national pride.

    anyway, when was the last time u were required to fill in so much personal details for a competition?

    i think quite scary if they need my health details, possible criminal records and financial status if i joining the canon photomarathon.
    Last edited by flipfreak; 25th September 2009 at 09:54 AM.

  12. #52

    Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

    This is so wtf man, I also just know the news. Hahaha
    Clean. Simple. Makes out a good composition.

  13. #53

    Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    national pageant? its run by a pte company for commercial purpose. i think making money and getting publicity more important than national pride.

    anyway, when was the last time u were required to fill in so much personal details for a competition?

    i think quite scary if they need my health details, possible criminal records and financial status if i joining the canon photomarathon.

    When we send someone to a pageant or an international competition of any sort representing Singapore, wearing Singapore credentials or colors, national pride is not at play ?

    Whether or not it is asked in the form, organizers should do background checks, at the very least to protect their own reputations.

  14. #54

    Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Jix View Post
    Think of the timing and the consequence of this case to her career. She probably wont be able to represent singapore in the Ms World pagent.

    Keep an open-mind. Because it's in the paper it doesn't mean its true.

    .. so u think someone went to all these trouble to 'sabo' her
    i will be very surprised if the editors of the newspapers ran a story of this magnitude without verifying the facts .....

  15. #55

    Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    When we send someone to a pageant or an international competition of any sort representing Singapore, wearing Singapore credentials or colors, national pride is not at play ?

    Whether or not it is asked in the form, organizers should do background checks, at the very least to protect their own reputations.
    controversies like these are not uncommon in the pageant arena. u can find news of Miss XXX doing porn, etc etc in other countries.

    anyway there is the privacy issue to contend with. what sort of background checks do u have in mind?

  16. #56

    Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    controversies like these are not uncommon in the pageant arena. u can find news of Miss XXX doing porn, etc etc in other countries.

    anyway there is the privacy issue to contend with. what sort of background checks do u have in mind?
    yes . controversies have surfaced before in the arena .. but that is no excuse for being sloppy. As to background checks, ... 'quoting Vince123123, jus like him, i am not paid to do the thinking, so why should i , not that he and i have no ideas .. just that why should we do someone elses job for them '

    but seriously,any publicity @ national or international level, is still publicity .. jus that i think it would have been better if it hadnt been negative.

  17. #57

    Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

    Why RISSsssss???!! Whyyyyy??!!

    Credit card fraud is a serious offense not to be taken lightly. And the fact that the crime is committed at such a young age speaks volumes about her character.

    Unless she had used the money to buy clothing with zebra and leopard prints, if not I cannot empathize with her.

  18. #58

    Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    yes . controversies have surfaced before in the arena .. but that is no excuse for being sloppy. As to background checks, ... 'quoting Vince123123, jus like him, i am not paid to do the thinking, so why should i , not that he and i have no ideas .. just that why should we do someone elses job for them '

    but seriously,any publicity @ national or international level, is still publicity .. jus that i think it would have been better if it hadnt been negative.
    everyone is out to make a quick buck. i have seen too many companies who tries to cash in on flying the sg flag high. in any case, i think the court probably will reject her application to fly to africa.

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pacman's Corner
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    .. so u think someone went to all these trouble to 'sabo' her
    i will be very surprised if the editors of the newspapers ran a story of this magnitude without verifying the facts .....
    perhaps this is a smear tactic. she doesnt have to be guilty. this article in the paper is enough to give a 'question mark' on her character. and based on the replies on this thread, looks like they are succesful.

    i would not be susprised if one of these days she will be replaced a representative of singapore in the ms world pagent.

  20. #60

    Default Re: Ris Low: Guilty of credit card fraud

    Maybe AV industry might work...

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •