Thread: Pure.. amen..

Default Pure.. amen..

1.in what area is critique to be sought?
    I will like feedback on anything & your feelings when u first see this photo.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    Flawless.

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    Basic instinct.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    I love this work of mine, taken in less than 10 shots handheld. Happened to walk past this church and used awhile to walk around and analyze, and that's it. It brings out alot if different feelings while looking at this photo. Religious, pure are the words i use to bring out this photo.

Default Re: Pure.. amen..

Although you blur the background and the angel is very show. But ... the white cloud is really a distracting point.

there is a small bit of the statue's pedestal visible at the bottom of the frame. distracting. imperfect

Nice shot,
    maybe can consider imho
    1. crop the statue's pedestal as mentioned.
    2. clouds are blown
    3. if angel can slightly overlap the buildings behind removing the little gap.
    4. angel has warm cast, background is rather cool cast so a bit jaring
    5. you used your watermark named to fill in the empty space, otherwise the whole chunk of empty sky makes the bottom v heavy. Your watermark actually 'made' the photo.
    6. Initial feeling is I like the blue of the sky. But the 2 elements are fighting for attention, will prefer if angel is bigger abt 30%, slightly overlap building as I mentioned earlier and bit more contrast.

I like the idea - nice. However, I agree that the cloud is distracting - if it were an all blue background - WOW! The effect would have been great!

cheers

I tried taking out the clouds - just to see the impact - hope you don't mind ya. If you do, just let me know, I'll remove it )

cheers

Yea...you are right there grumpy....just wanted to see effect )

How about this?

Last edited by DarNikon; 1st October 2009 at 05:18 PM.

Can crop a bit more, the pedestal is still showing.

There is a halo around the building. Cloning also hastily done, some part of the building is missing.

Love the composition... nice.

i know this church! I go there from time to time... Its Saint Peter and Paul right?

Second photo has a better impact and nicer composition. But I would like to nitpick on the slanting lines of the church steeple at the rear. You should be able to correct this keystone on photoshop. This will occur when you're shooting a tall object from a lower angle. (check out Distort, Lens Correction : Vertical Perspective)
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Hi Guys! Sorry for the late reply~

Thanks for all the advice and tips guys, really appreciated it! I didn't really notice the cloud until you guys gave me the light. Thanks!

About the pedestal, yeah i ever tried removing it, but didn't seemed right so i left it there, hehe, but now seems nicer leh~ Thanks DarNikon for correcting the photo for me, appreciated it~ I like the subject (angel) being more protruded, but the church is still kind of fighting for attention as mentioned by RedMonsoon. I'll try to work that out.

Suicyde240, yeah! You're right in the eye! Its Saint Peter & Paul Church.

Once again, thanks everyone for your advice & guidances~ Cheers!