Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Shooting F1

  1. #1

    Default Shooting F1

    One of the lines in F1 ticket says
    " no professional audio/video/ photography equipment" allowed

    only amerature photography allowed

    would bring my d90+tripod result in me being banned from entering?
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Shooting F1

    Quote Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post
    One of the lines in F1 ticket says
    " no professional audio/video/ photography equipment" allowed

    only amerature photography allowed

    would bring my d90+tripod result in me being banned from entering?
    The exact regulations have been posted on the F1 website, and discussed on here extensively last year and this year.

    Please try some research.
    Alpha

  3. #3

    Default Re: Shooting F1

    The answer is.....bring a "small" dslr.

    alternatively can hang out at the outskirts of the fences and "hope" something happens.

    If you want to get up close shots from outside in safety, may need 600mm lens.

    Anyway, what happens is if your gear is too pro then you may be asked to fill up a form in which the photos taken is only for personal use.
    Last edited by Reportage; 25th September 2009 at 02:09 AM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Shooting F1

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    The answer is.....bring a "small" dslr.

    alternatively can hang out at the outskirts of the fences and "hope" something happens.

    If you want to get up close shots from outside in safety, may need 600mm lens.

    Anyway, what happens is if your gear is too pro then you may be asked to fill up a form in which the photos taken is only for personal use.
    And the official max. focal length is 300mm, and no tripods in the grandstand...

    As already discussed in the other threads.
    Alpha

  5. #5

    Default Re: Shooting F1

    Apparently my friend's camera was not even checked and he was able to bring in a 100-400L...

  6. #6

    Default Re: Shooting F1

    Quote Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post
    One of the lines in F1 ticket says
    " no professional audio/video/ photography equipment" allowed

    only amerature photography allowed

    would bring my d90+tripod result in me being banned from entering?
    bring wat ever u want, they wont stop u from entering.. i see so many huge lens inside.. just say pic are for home use... they didnt even stop me and my 70-200mm...
    life is but a dream...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Shooting F1

    i see 1 guy holding 3 dslr... tripod and monopod so many eqpts...

  8. #8

    Default Re: Shooting F1

    There should be no problem. But the guys at the gate wanted to stop me from bringing in AA batteries, the in-charge told them that is ok cuz I'll need it for my cameras then I was allowed in. I was also advised by the same guy not to use my monopod.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Shooting F1

    There should be no problem. But the guys at the gate wanted to stop me from bringing in AA batteries, the in-charge told them that is ok cuz I'll need it for my cameras then I was allowed in. I was also advised by the same guy not to use my monopod.
    Maybe they thought AA batteries can be used in making bombs?

  10. #10
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Shooting F1

    It depends on your luck whether will your things be stopped..
    (I heard from my friend who is a staff working there)

  11. #11
    Member sonyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    733

    Default Re: Shooting F1

    Quote Originally Posted by cutecdo View Post
    There should be no problem. But the guys at the gate wanted to stop me from bringing in AA batteries, the in-charge told them that is ok cuz I'll need it for my cameras then I was allowed in. I was also advised by the same guy not to use my monopod.
    i even see 1 guy with a lowepro laguage pulling around bay grandstand. and a monopod attached on the side.
    SAMSUNG HMX- H100
    Videography :)

  12. #12

    Default Re: Shooting F1

    Quote Originally Posted by PrimePhotog View Post
    Maybe they thought AA batteries can be used in making bombs?
    Hehe... that was my first thought too. I saw quite a few photogs with big mama lens, tripods/monopods and really big bags.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Shooting F1

    hey guys!

    i only have a 28-135mm lens to use for the f1
    any ideas where would be a gd place for me?
    Eyes sharp, minds open
    My flickr

  14. #14
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: Shooting F1

    That lens might not be fast enough for F1

  15. #15

    Default Re: Shooting F1

    I seen people with huge ass lenses (not official photo) at F1. they're not stopped
    Huge ass as in 400mm f2.8 and as long as i've not seen it in my life type. Probably 600mm

  16. #16

    Default Re: Shooting F1

    Quote Originally Posted by junkai21 View Post
    I seen people with huge ass lenses (not official photo) at F1. they're not stopped
    Huge ass as in 400mm f2.8 and as long as i've not seen it in my life type. Probably 600mm
    I mainly saw 300mm f/2.8 being used.
    Alpha

  17. #17

    Default Re: Shooting F1

    I saw a paid spectator carrying 600mm lens on his monopod.. When i walked past him, i joked with him and said, "pretty heavy eh?" and he gave me a weird face and muttered, "ya..."

  18. #18
    Member sonyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    733

    Default Re: Shooting F1

    Quote Originally Posted by lioneldude View Post
    I saw a paid spectator carrying 600mm lens on his monopod.. When i walked past him, i joked with him and said, "pretty heavy eh?" and he gave me a weird face and muttered, "ya..."
    that kind action one la... lol
    SAMSUNG HMX- H100
    Videography :)

  19. #19

    Default Re: Shooting F1

    600mm lens and not official photographer is a waste...

  20. #20

    Default Re: Shooting F1

    Maybe official photog for other events but not for F1 hehe.

    FIA so strict on official photog approval, I'm sure there are many like this also. It's like what? 500 published F1 photos before even being considered by FIA for application? Or something like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •