Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iphone vs nokia n97

Default Re: iphone vs nokia n97

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    A pieces of advice for those who got iphone. DO not upgrade firmware 3.1 at the moment. Wait for a stable version. :P
    now only you tell us.

btw, what's the problem with v3.1?
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

On a side note, has SingTel currenly sold out all her units of iPhone? No Stock on the SingTel website!
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

The iPhone is build for the "no-brainers", phone setting is super easy, unlike other phones you need to go through many clicks just to complete one preferred setting. Some advantages worth to note here.

Web surfing - A real full size web browsing experience just like your home PC, the cons are the lack of Flash video support & 3G video call, but Apple will come to that, just like MMS & Message forwarding.

Now included - MMS, message forwarding, qwerty keyboard layout.

Internet Tethering - Now, this is the best part. I bet some of you guys don't even know or can't figure out how to surf the internet on your laptop with your cell phone connected as a modem. With iPhone you can connect to your laptop quite easily, whether it is Windows laptop or a Macbook.

It is ok to update to OS 3.1, the problem here is phone startup is very slow. I've use iPhone 3G for a year now & haven't had any big issue with it to date.

For those who are new to iPhone, some advice here:

1. Subscribe to a mobile data plan if you do do not want to receive shocking phone bill. iPhone will connect via GPRS even you have turned off 3G connection or if no wi-if hotspot is found. That means if you accidentally click on Safari, Mail or other Apps that require broadband connection, your data charges will begin.

2. Call operator to turn off GPRS connection if you do not wanna to spent extra dollars monthly.

3. Hook up your iPhone via bluetooth or USB cable by using Internet Tethering to a Windows netbook or Macbook laptop if you wanna surf on big screen.

For those who plan to buy a touch screen phone mainly for the ease of use like web surfing, SMS, MMS or to kill time on the slow running mrt trains, the iPhone is worth your consideration.

Thanks for reading.
    Photography is do the right thing in the right time at the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by nuegear View Post
    Internet Tethering - Now, this is the best part. I bet some of you guys don't even know or can't figure out how to surf the internet on your laptop with your cell phone connected as a modem. With iPhone you can connect to your laptop quite easily, whether it is Windows laptop or a Macbook.
    I used a windows mobile phone as modem. It is literally plug and surf. Now my phone is symbian OS and it is a bit more difficult. you have to click connect to internet icon on the phone software after plugging in the phone.....

The iPhone is build for the "no-brainers", phone setting is super easy, unlike other phones you need to go through many clicks just to complete one preferred setting. Some advantages worth to note here.

Web surfing - A real full size web browsing experience just like your home PC, the cons are the lack of Flash video support & 3G video call, but Apple will come to that, just like MMS & Message forwarding.

Now included - MMS, message forwarding, qwerty keyboard layout.

It is ok to update to OS 3.1, the problem here is phone startup is very slow. I've use iPhone 3G for a year now & haven't had any big issue with it to date.

For those who are new to iPhone, some advice here:

1. Subscribe to a mobile data plan if you do do not want to receive shocking phone bill. iPhone will connect via GPRS even you have turned off 3G connection or if no wi-if hotspot is found. That means if you accidentally click on Safari, Mail or other Apps that require broadband connection, your data charges will begin.

2. Call operator to turn off GPRS connection if you do not wanna to spent extra dollars monthly.

3. Hook up your iPhone via bluetooth or USB cable by using Internet Tethering to a Windows netbook or Macbook laptop if you wanna surf on big screen.

For those who plan to buy a touch screen phone mainly for the ease of use like web surfing, SMS, MMS or to kill time on the slow running mrt trains, the iPhone is worth your consideration.
    Thanks for reading.
    I'd rather SMS with an $80 NS-ready phone.

Oh please... It's so easy on WinMo and Symbian phones too.
    Alpha

iphone have any number keypad like normal phone?
    i think i too used to those keypad sms. if use qwerty esp touchscreen i guess i cant even do it single hand. and by the time i reply will be damn slow.
    thanks for highlight out iphone cant 3G video call.
    hardly hear any N97 user here. hmm guess got to do more research before commit.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    You sms when driving?

Do you know that by doing this, it not only endangers yourself, but also other users of the road?
    when i stop at traffic lights i can reply a fast sms w a keypad hp.
    or when walking.

Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    I used a windows mobile phone as modem. It is literally plug and surf. Now my phone is symbian OS and it is a bit more difficult. you have to click connect to internet icon on the phone software after plugging in the phone.....
    there are symbian softwares that you use yr phone as a wireless modem cum router to create a hotspot for yr lappy and yr friends's lappy..

I am a Iphone user too.. it is indeed one of the best phone... using nokia phone now seen so user unfriendly now..

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    now only you tell us.

btw, what's the problem with v3.1?
    There are known case of "hanging" on the phone, call come in but unable to connect. Application sluggish and need to reboot, sync issue with itune.

All mention issue above was experience by my friends. It might be an isolation cases

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12