Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: iphone vs nokia n97

  1. #1

    Default iphone vs nokia n97

    hi guys.
    like to check which of the above would u choose?
    Mainly use for surfing of net n online stuff. Notice iphone not easy to sms compare to n97

  2. #2
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: iphone vs nokia n97

    iphone

  3. #3

    Default Re: iphone vs nokia n97

    iPhone definitely! Better user interface... Better browser!

  4. #4

    Default Re: iphone vs nokia n97

    Setio or X2... oh wait, they're not in the list. For texting, n97. For web surfing, iPhone.
    Alpha

  5. #5
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: iphone vs nokia n97

    Iphone....easy n fun.

    surf net, play apps...

  6. #6

    Default Re: iphone vs nokia n97

    tried both n here my thinking. can i rate it this way?
    websurfing iphone 9/10 n n97 8/10 (both w touch screen to drag n scroll the screen)
    email iphone 6/10 n97 10/10 (w qwerty keyboard)
    sms texting iphone 5/10 n97 7/10 (esp when driving)

    for game n app. iphone 10/10 n97 3/10

    anyone here w n97 n love it?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: iphone vs nokia n97

    iPhone also got QWERTY keyboard mah... but it's a virtual one. i don't find it too difficult to sms or emailing using the iPhone.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  8. #8

    Default Re: iphone vs nokia n97

    go for iPhone !!!

    I use one and

    1. Very easy to sms once you get a hang of it as long as you use english cos the built in dictionary will auto correct words you type wrongly.. so can type very fast without worring about wrong spelling.. it'll auto correct for you.
    2. big screen and excellent for web surfing.
    3. screen very easy to zoom in and zoom out. fast and touch screen is excellent
    4. excellent browser, intuitive

    best part is the iphone has many other uses!!!!

  9. #9

    Default Re: iphone vs nokia n97

    look like all go for iphone.
    anyway anyone know where can get without contract? n price range?

  10. #10

    Default Re: iphone vs nokia n97

    Quote Originally Posted by kcs1122 View Post
    look like all go for iphone.
    anyway anyone know where can get without contract? n price range?
    http://www.mobilesquare.com.sg/produ...ing.asp?cid=22
    Alpha

  11. #11
    Member iMac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tiong Bahru,Singapore
    Posts
    1,122

    Default Re: iphone vs nokia n97

    pls dun buy n97. it is a lousy phone. i sold mine within a week. almost want to smash it against the wall 1 day after using.......

  12. #12

    Default Re: iphone vs nokia n97

    Quote Originally Posted by kcs1122 View Post
    hi guys.
    like to check which of the above would u choose?
    Mainly use for surfing of net n online stuff. Notice iphone not easy to sms compare to n97

    I have both iphone and n97.

    Strangely as most of you may think , n97 is my main phone. I use the phone mainly as a phone, sms and scheduler. I find it less hassle in some ways using it or either I am more use to the contacts / sms.
    iPhone is good for surfing , but i prefer to surf via my mac than tiny screen. I am not use to its sms and I have some issues connecting some wifi spot (do not have that issue with n97).

    For surfing net , get iPhone as it is more intuitive for web compare to n97.
    Last edited by kitkat; 25th September 2009 at 09:46 AM.

  13. #13
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: iphone vs nokia n97

    Talking about iphone. Did anyone having issues with their iphone after updated to itune 9 recently? Mine went Kuput.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  14. #14

    Default Re: iphone vs nokia n97

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Talking about iphone. Did anyone having issues with their iphone after updated to itune 9 recently? Mine went Kuput.
    It's a well-documented and reported issue that left Apple red-faced again... Their OS looks great but is actually quite buggy.
    Alpha

  15. #15
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: iphone vs nokia n97

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    It's a well-documented and reported issue that left Apple red-faced again... Their OS looks great but is actually quite buggy.
    I am quite surprise, when my iphone suddenly cannot sync and charge. Finally, it works by hard reset as adviced by my friend.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  16. #16

    Default Re: iphone vs nokia n97

    i tried my friend iphone reply email. Took me v v long as i keep having problem w the touch screen. Need to backspace v offen. Tried n97 in nokia store n notice it much easy w the qwerty keyboard.
    Since u own n97 too. Can i ask when u upload photos to facebook, it need to be sent by mms like all other nokia model or it can be upload directly like iphone? And does n97 able to copy,cut paste text easily?
    Esp when driving/walking i notice those number keypad enable me to reply sms much easy than iphone on screen qwerty keyboard. Only worry like our cs member here said. N97 might let me regret.

    Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    I have both iphone and n97.

    Strangely as most of you may think , n97 is my main phone. I use the phone mainly as a phone, sms and scheduler. I find it less hassle in some ways using it or either I am more use to the contacts / sms.
    iPhone is good for surfing , but i prefer to surf via my mac than tiny screen. I am not use to its sms and I have some issues connecting some wifi spot (do not have that issue with n97).

    For surfing net , get iPhone as it is more intuitive for web compare to n97.

  17. #17

    Default Re: iphone vs nokia n97

    forget to mention , like the finger zooming from iphone. The games.
    Iphone able to surf net halfway n switch to sms? Without closing the web?

  18. #18

    Default Re: iphone vs nokia n97

    A pieces of advice for those who got iphone. DO not upgrade firmware 3.1 at the moment. Wait for a stable version. :P

  19. #19
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: iphone vs nokia n97

    Quote Originally Posted by kcs1122 View Post
    Esp when driving/walking i notice those number keypad enable me to reply sms much easy than iphone on screen qwerty keyboard.
    You sms when driving?

    Do you know that by doing this, it not only endangers yourself, but also other users of the road?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: iphone vs nokia n97

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Talking about iphone. Did anyone having issues with their iphone after updated to itune 9 recently? Mine went Kuput.
    what sort of issues? so far, i don't have any issues with iTunes v9...
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •