Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting Canon A40, wat else do I need?

Originally posted by Ling
    Just to share with you all. Just got Sandisk 64MB for S$60 with GST paid by VISA from AP.
    you know how much is 128MB?interested in getting it.

Originally posted by PsychoBoy

I din ask. All I know is Canon A40 - S$530 with GST and Olympus 3040 - S$950.

It's so crowded just now, saw a few foreigner bought some super big camera from them.

Originally posted by PsychoBoy

around $90 for ridata 128MB .. I think a lot of people asked before and answered. you should really do a search before ask again.

Originally posted by cwloo

around $90 for ridata 128MB .. I think a lot of people asked before and answered. you should really do a search before ask again.
    I tot the price will change from time to time ma. just like the price of camera. some went down and was quoted $510. Ling got quoted $530. I didn't know price is fix ma. anyway thanks for the reply.

just went down cp to check out the feel of A40... feel slighly too plastic and i dun reli like the feel.... but salesman at AP highly recommend this camera as well... anyway i will wait for V2 to come out first

True, it is very plastic. I guess they had to compromise on some things to bring down the cost.

But overall, the A40 has more plus points than minus ones. High value+performance/$.

Pros:
    Low cost
    Has 3x zoom, 2.5 digital zoom
    Movie mode with audio
    Manual controls for exposure and aperture (not full manual, but better than nothing)
    Can add lens adapters - useful for adding standard 52mm filters
    Uses CF memory (for me it's a plus point)
    Uses AA batteries (for me it's a plus point)
    Good picture quality

Cons:
    Plastic feel
    Small LCD for a camera this size/weight
    Lens adapter causes annoying shadow if used with flash

Originally posted by woonbock
    just went down cp to check out the feel of A40... feel slighly too plastic and i dun reli like the feel.... but salesman at AP highly recommend this camera as well... anyway i will wait for V2 to come out first

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123