Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting Canon A40, wat else do I need?

Originally posted by copland

Thot CP selling at $505? Anyway, it abt the same. The price is reasonable. The CF seems a bit more expensive. I bought my 128MB CF from AP at $90.
    thanks copland, is the $505 before GST? any idea what price AP is selling?

I get quite a number of feedback that the CF is expensive, will get it somewhere else then

How many pictures can u store using a 128 MB CF for max resolution of A40?

Any small and compact camera bag/case to recommend for A40, where I can store some additional batteries/ CF, preferably weather resistant

Anyone knows where to get Lowepro 10 AW? How much?

Thanks
    Last edited by mlwang; 25th April 2002 at 11:53 AM.

Originally posted by mlwang

thanks copland, is the $505 before GST? any idea what price AP is selling?

I get quite a number of feedback that the CF is expensive, will get it somewhere else then

How many pictures can u store using a 128 MB CF for max resolution of A40?

Any small and compact camera bag/case to recommend for A40, where I can store some additional batteries/ CF, preferably weather resistant

Thanks
    Think shd be before GST. Can try and act blur and say you were told they are selling $505 GST inclusive

128MB CF can store around 213 pictures at 1600x1200 resolution.

I am using a lowepro sling/pouch for DC that comes with a little raincoat tuck in the back where you can protect your pouch in case of rain or watery situations. It is well padded and got space to put additional 8 AA batteries plus CF cards. Price tag was $42 at Cathay Photo but they sold me at $25 without much bargaining.

Wow! So many pple getting the A40!

Thanks guys for all the discussion, will make a trip down to CP to buy the A40 + lowepro sling/pouch.

Btw, wat's the market price for 64MB CF?

Hi copland,
    May I know which charger are you using?

Ling,

A 128MB CF store in super fine @ 1600x1200 is about 128 picture only .. I guess capland 213 figure is fine @ 1600x 1200. I strongly recommand to store @ super fine standard. A 128MB ridata CF card is about S$90 w/gst in AP.

for charger , can get the MW4798 in Mustafa @ $18. Almost the same layout as what in purplemoo.com but this one charge 4 AA 1600mAh @ 5 hrs . Purplemoo one charge 4 1600mAh in 2.5 hrs.

Welcome to the A40 club .. I hvnt make up my mind yet after been a ex-A20 owner
    Last edited by cwloo; 25th April 2002 at 12:20 PM.

Think shd be before GST. Can try and act blur and say you were told they are selling $505 GST inclusive

128MB CF can store around 213 pictures at 1600x1200 resolution.

I am using a lowepro sling/pouch for DC that comes with a little raincoat tuck in the back where you can protect your pouch in case of rain or watery situations. It is well padded and got space to put additional 8 AA batteries plus CF cards. Price tag was $42 at Cathay Photo but they sold me at $25 without much bargaining.
    Thanks for the info copland, will consider getting a 128 MB CF. what is the file size of a superfine 1600 x 1200 picture?

what is the model/series of your sling/pouch? got any pic to show?

Originally posted by Ling
    Wow! So many pple getting the A40!

Hi copland,
    May I know which charger are you using?
    The charger I am using is the MW4798 which cwloo mentioned in the thread. Got it at $18 from Mustafa. Am thinking of selling it to offset the Casio one I am intending to get. If you are interested to buy it off me, PM me. Thanks.

Thanks for the info copland, will consider getting a 128 MB CF. what is the file size of a superfine 1600 x 1200 picture?

cwloo is right, 213 pictures if you are taking at fine mode. at superfine mode it will probably be less. The filesize under fine mode is 500-600k per picture.

Here is a picture of my bag. Picture taken from Lowepro website. Think the model number is AW30 (something like that). Note that if you are thinking of buying additional stuff like lense adaptor and multiple lenses, this bag will probably be a bit too small.

cwloo is right, 213 pictures if you are taking at fine mode. at superfine mode it will probably be less. The filesize under fine mode is 500-600k per picture.

Here is a picture of my bag. Picture taken from Lowepro website. Think the model number is AW30 (something like that). Note that if you are thinking of buying additional stuff like lense adaptor and multiple lenses, this bag will probably be a bit too small.

thanks copland, cool bag. will consider this bag, since it seems that can accomodate 2 cameras inside that pouch will be great so that I can take along my P&S as well as DC along

Default Re: Re: Getting Canon A40, wat else do I need?

Originally posted by Prime
    Have different size and price around $10+~$30+.
    Can go to CP to "see see look look".
    goodness, i got 'tock'!
    i bought a bag by "DigiVideo" from John 3:16(Funan) for $35.
    it was kind of small(quite ugly) so im considering for another and it looks like many guys around here recommends "lowepro" bags.

i'll go down CP penin later to 'see see look look'.

thanks copland, cool bag. will consider this bag, since it seems that can accomodate 2 cameras inside that pouch will be great so that I can take along my P&S as well as DC along
    Glad to be of help. Btw, your p&s wld have to be quite small to fit the A40 and the p&s into this bag..

Glad to be of help. Btw, your p&s wld have to be quite small to fit the A40 and the p&s into this bag..
    My P&S is an Olympus. average size hope can fit so that I can fit everything in 1 bag

superfine will be ~900KB

Hi all!

Just got reply from AP for the Canon A40. But I could not believe the price they gave me.

They quoted me $1080!!!!!
    I sent an e-mail asking were they making a mistake or not.

I've gotten CP's quote for $510.

That price is crazy!

SF

Originally posted by yangken
    Hi all!

Just got reply from AP for the Canon A40. But I could not believe the price they gave me.

That price is crazy!

SF
    Think they maybe a mistake. Maybe they thot its the Oylmpus C40?

I think they quote you the S40.

Originally posted by yangken
    Hi all!

That price is crazy!

SF

Originally posted by Jango
    Oh btw if you plan to go CP to see and look, the price tags on the bags are twice the actual selling price! So you'll know how to bargain
    Jango, thanks very much for your tip. Got D-Res 10AW for S$15. The price tag is S$29.50 on the bag!

Thanks to all for the valuable advice given.

I'm a happy owner of A40 now, only got the pouch and camera today @ S$535.60.

Din get the CF card today cos they dun hv 64MB. Saw this 64MB i-o-data brand going for S$55 but din dare to buy. Din get the charger too, they're selling the GP for S$34.90.

So any recommendation for CF Card, which brand?

Welcome to the club!

Basic 8mb CF really insufficient. Press a few times, full already.

Din get the CF card today cos they dun hv 64MB. Saw this 64MB i-o-data brand going for S$55 but din dare to buy. Din get the charger too, they're selling the GP for S$34.90.

U're welcome Ling. I heard many forumners recommending Ridata CF (16x) and most got them from AP at ard $80+ for a 128MB. Is the GP charger the normal one (16hr full charge) or GP Rapid?

Just to share with you all. Just got Sandisk 64MB for S$60 with GST paid by VISA from AP.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast