Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

Thread: Getting Canon A40, wat else do I need?

  1. #1

    Default Getting Canon A40, wat else do I need?

    I've finally settle to buy the Canon A40.

    Need some recommendation wat else I need/must buy for a start. To wat I know is these:

    1) UV lens (around S$10)
    2) Camera case (Read that Carrefour has the best deal)
    3) Battery charger (which battery charger should I get?)
    4) Extra set of batteries (Any particular brand?)

    Thanks for any advise.

  2. #2

    Default

    You'll need the lens adapter for the UV filter.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    1,417

    Default Re: Getting Canon A40, wat else do I need?

    Originally posted by Ling
    I've finally settle to buy the Canon A40.

    Need some recommendation wat else I need/must buy for a start. To wat I know is these:

    1) UV lens (around S$10)
    2) Camera case (Read that Carrefour has the best deal)
    3) Battery charger (which battery charger should I get?)
    4) Extra set of batteries (Any particular brand?)

    Thanks for any advise.
    2) Camera case (Read that Carrefour has the best deal)
    Can try lowepro if you got extra cash to spend
    3) Battery charger (which battery charger should I get?)
    Can get from mustafa, they got good charger there and I heard it's very cheap and good.
    4) Extra set of batteries (Any particular brand?)
    Get from mustafa also. Can get GP 1600mAH.
    Canon Lover :)

  4. #4

    Default Re: Getting Canon A40, wat else do I need?

    Originally posted by Ling
    I've finally settle to buy the Canon A40.

    Need some recommendation wat else I need/must buy for a start. To wat I know is these:

    1) UV lens (around S$10)
    2) Camera case (Read that Carrefour has the best deal)
    3) Battery charger (which battery charger should I get?)
    4) Extra set of batteries (Any particular brand?)

    Thanks for any advise.
    Hi,
    For camera case, I would recommand Lowepro D-Res Series. This series is designed for digital devices, lots of protection, resonable exterial design, material won't scratch the LCD.
    Have different size and price around $10+~$30+.
    Can go to CP to "see see look look".
    I don't have any commission for it, just that I've recently got 1 and find it great for me.

    Just my little recommandation...
    Last edited by Prime; 24th April 2002 at 04:23 PM.

  5. #5

    Default

    Oh btw if you plan to go CP to see and look, the price tags on the bags are twice the actual selling price! So you'll know how to bargain

  6. #6

    Default

    may i know whats a UV filter for ?

    I have decided on this camera too

  7. #7

    Default

    Originally posted by Beattitude
    may i know whats a UV filter for ?

    I have decided on this camera too
    Taken from Glossary:
    UV Filter
    Filter used to reduce the amount of ultraviolet light reaching film. Ultraviolet light can cause an image to appear hazy. Also used to protect the front lens element.

    Most of us use it to protect the lens from scratches.

    Hope these help.
    Last edited by Prime; 24th April 2002 at 06:04 PM.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    318

    Default Re: Getting Canon A40, wat else do I need?

    Would you be interested in MW4798N charger? See http://www.purplemoo.com (under products / electronics). Listed as Compact Intelligent Charger.

    I've got a spare one to let go.

    Welcome to the A40 club.




    Originally posted by Ling
    I've finally settle to buy the Canon A40.

    3) Battery charger (which battery charger should I get?)

    Thanks for any advise.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Re: Getting Canon A40, wat else do I need?

    Originally posted by dbchoong
    Would you be interested in MW4798N charger? See http://www.purplemoo.com (under products / electronics). Listed as Compact Intelligent Charger.

    I've got a spare one to let go.

    Welcome to the A40 club.


    hi there, i am keen on the charger, but which one is yours? i am looking for one that can charge AA and AAA batteries.

  10. #10

    Default

    Hi all!

    I am a new member here. Since there is a post of getting a Canon A40, perhaps I can ask similar question.
    After did some researches, I finally want to buy a Canon A40 also. :-)

    1. I notice that (from the previous threads) there are a few number of shops here selling quite competitive price such as Cathay Photo, Alan Photo. Do you know what is the website for Alan Photo? It seems that the website is down?

    2. Is the e-quote price a fixed price? Can we still bargain based on this price?

    3. Is C204F battery charger a good choice?

    4. What Compact Flash brand would you recommend? Thought of getting 128 MB.

    Sorry if my post is quite long. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

    SF

  11. #11

    Default

    I have ever gone to Alan Photo's website but seems like recently it is no longer online. Anyway, equote provides you a gauge on the general price range of the camera/accessories.

    Not sure which charger you are referring to. Do you have more info on it. AP sell a casio charger which can double up as a power adaptor for the A40. Comes with 4 NiMH 1700mah batteries too at $45.

    Re: CF, read here that many recommends Ridata CF. I am using IPOC which is like an OEM CF. Works for me.

  12. #12

    Default

    Hi!

    The battery charger that I mentioned previously is Maha C-204F (http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html).

    How much is the price for Ridata CF? Any ideas?

    Err, since the AP website is down, will they entertain if I call them to ask for the price? Anyone has ever tried this before?

    Thanks.

    SF

  13. #13

    Default

    If you are really looking for a fast charger you can try the Rayonvac charger selling around $80. Its available at most DIY shops. For me, I just need a reasonable fast charger i.e. 3-5 hrs and portability is more a priority. Hence, think I will be going for the Casio one.

    I have called AP before for a verbal quote the number is 6336-0922.

    People have bought 128MB Ridata CF at $90 at AP.

    p.s. I am not an employee of AP.

  14. #14

    Default

    Originally posted by yangken
    Hi!

    The battery charger that I mentioned previously is Maha C-204F (http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html).

    How much is the price for Ridata CF? Any ideas?

    Err, since the AP website is down, will they entertain if I call them to ask for the price? Anyone has ever tried this before?

    Thanks.

    SF
    Hi, I think Alan Photo's Website is not down, you can try this:
    http://www.phsphoto.com.sg/

  15. #15

    Default

    my GP 1600mAh batt like i take a few shots only drain off liao
    damm..

    about 40 shots with flash and 50% LCD

    that fast meh?
    or my cam is a power suxor?

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    Most cams are power sucker... stick to the viewfinder and switch off the LCD to conserve power.

  17. #17

    Default

    Hi!

    Thanks for your reply.

    Yeah, I think 3-5 hrs to charge is also enough for me. Just see the review that they recommend this charger (Maha C-204-F).
    Btw, what is the model for Casio charger that you mentioned?

    Just asked for the e-quote from AP. Do not know whether they'll reply or not because it seems quote is for company?

    SF

  18. #18

    Default

    Originally posted by yangken
    Hi!

    Thanks for your reply.

    Yeah, I think 3-5 hrs to charge is also enough for me. Just see the review that they recommend this charger (Maha C-204-F).
    Btw, what is the model for Casio charger that you mentioned?

    Just asked for the e-quote from AP. Do not know whether they'll reply or not because it seems quote is for company?

    SF
    The model is: Casio BC-3HA
    Around $45 ~ $50.

    Don't worry, AP will reply your equote, sometime soon, sometime later.

  19. #19

    Default

    Hi all

    I got this equote from CP,

    Canon A40 - S$510

    64 MB Compact Flash - S$65

    all the above prices without GST.

    Is the price competitve enough?

    Thanks

  20. #20

    Default

    Originally posted by mlwang
    Hi all

    I got this equote from CP,

    Canon A40 - S$510

    64 MB Compact Flash - S$65

    all the above prices without GST.

    Is the price competitve enough?

    Thanks
    Thot CP selling at $505? Anyway, it abt the same. The price is reasonable. The CF seems a bit more expensive. I bought my 128MB CF from AP at $90.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •