Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: TV Commercial Volume

  1. #1

    Default TV Commercial Volume

    I don't know if anyone realise this, apparently it's getting from bad to worse. If you're watching a TV program, comes commercial, the volume suddenly goes up significantly. I tried to measure it and it's almost a complete 4 bars on my Plasma scale and a 1/4 turn on my retro TV.

    I spent the entire program time turning up the volume and avert time turning down the volume.

    Is this sudden volume increase a technique in advertising? Goodness me where're the ethics?
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pacman's Corner
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: TV Commercial Volume

    Which TV shows & commercials are referring to?

  3. #3

    Default Re: TV Commercial Volume

    Quote Originally Posted by Jix View Post
    Which TV shows & commercials are referring to?
    Any programs on the 'free to air' channels. When the program is on the volume is soft, when it's a commercial break, the volume was relatively so much louder. Applies to all programs and commercials.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

  4. #4

    Default Re: TV Commercial Volume

    Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    I don't know if anyone realise this, apparently it's getting from bad to worse. If you're watching a TV program, comes commercial, the volume suddenly goes up significantly. I tried to measure it and it's almost a complete 4 bars on my Plasma scale and a 1/4 turn on my retro TV.

    I spent the entire program time turning up the volume and avert time turning down the volume.

    Is this sudden volume increase a technique in advertising? Goodness me where're the ethics?
    where have you been?
    it's the technique used since eons ago.

  5. #5

    Default Re: TV Commercial Volume

    Quote Originally Posted by amateur_photographer View Post
    where have you been?
    it's the technique used since eons ago.

    I'm wondering if I can watch only cable and not pay the annual SGD 107 for TV licence? Since I don't watch them and they are kind of bad?
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

  6. #6

    Default Re: TV Commercial Volume

    Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    Any programs on the 'free to air' channels. When the program is on the volume is soft, when it's a commercial break, the volume was relatively so much louder. Applies to all programs and commercials.
    yeah very irritating.. that's why i always record the show then do a chase play to remove all those damn commercials.

  7. #7

    Default Re: TV Commercial Volume

    As you grow older, you will find the volume just nice. But when you are at a very ripe age, you will hope that your neighbor stop coming over to complain about loud volume - well, that is, if you can hear them knocking on your door.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: TV Commercial Volume

    The TV makers should introduce some advance sound managements on their speakers. So that it will monitor the signal and adjust according to make the output more or less at the same loudness.

    Some Taiwanese shows itself got this problem also.. the subjects speaks so softly but the music is so loud.. lousy sound control..

  9. #9

    Default Re: TV Commercial Volume

    thats where the 'mute' button is for on your remote

  10. #10
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: TV Commercial Volume

    I, too, have been facing this problem. The volume level for Channel 8 & Channel U is erratic. The volume level can go up and down randomly. Anyone facing this problem?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •