Thread: Balcony flower

Default Balcony flower

Comments appreciated:

Sony a7rii + Batis 2/25
    Gitzo 1530 + Markins Q3

Default ???????

firstly, i really really must apologised for the following harsh comments...

1) very hard flash on the flowers!
    2) Wheres the balcony?
    3) Too much of the back ground, worst of all-> its tooo complicated..............your flower is no longer the subject now!
    4) A Snap shot which has no meaning.....

though it might hurt but hope it helps. First step to learn photography is to accept very harsh comments...My instructor did that to us in the past..hahahhaa

Try to shoot more...bring out the "life", the "feeling" in the flowers....dont include other things in the picture if its not meant to be in it...always think simple...

just my 2 cents worth

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewSCL
    firstly, i really really must apologised for the following harsh comments...

1) very hard flash on the flowers!
    2) Wheres the balcony?
    3) Too much of the back ground, worst of all-> its tooo complicated..............your flower is no longer the subject now!
    4) A Snap shot which has no meaning.....

though it might hurt but hope it helps. First step to learn photography is to accept very harsh comments...My instructor did that to us in the past..hahahhaa

Try to shoot more...bring out the "life", the "feeling" in the flowers....dont include other things in the picture if its not meant to be in it...always think simple...

just my 2 cents worth
    True true...

Think I should have moved a bit to the left to capture an empty background then...

Harsh flash.... Hmmm, I was at FEC +2/3.. Maybe I'll bring it down to 0 and try....

Thanks for the comments
    Sony a7rii + Batis 2/25
    Gitzo 1530 + Markins Q3

Finding a good background is really quite important for a successful shot. Think whether the orange color of the background will bring out the pink colour of the flowers. Bougainvilleas aren't really very exciting flowers, perhaps can try to zoom in on a macro shot? Or isolate the flower against a dramatic sky (twilight or storm e.g.)

Thanks for sharing your pic and happy shooting!

The flash on the flower looks kinda bad shot. if possible, fill the frame with the flower.