Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 478910111419 ... LastLast

Thread: OM , OM1 , OM2 , OM2N , OM3 , OM4 photo-sharing and possible meetups

Default Re: OM , OM1 , OM2 , OM2N , OM3 , OM4 photo-sharing and possible meetups

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Lee View Post
    G-Zuiko, the 'G' stands for the number of blades, in this case 7. If you can lay your hands on a 'Japan' copy with s/no greater than 1.1 million, then you will know the difference, especially on your 5D2.
    Actually the G stands for number of elements. G=7 elements, F=6 elements, E= 5 elements etc..

Default Re: OM , OM1 , OM2 , OM2N , OM3 , OM4 photo-sharing and possible meetups

Thanks for the correction. Yes, I shud have said 'elements'.

Quote Originally Posted by hamustar View Post
    Actually the G stands for number of elements. G=7 elements, F=6 elements, E= 5 elements etc..
    Home is where the heart is.

This is a very informative thread, aside from the websites I have been reading. I currently own an OM2, but I only have an olympus 50mm f1.8. The other two lenses I have for the camera are from other manufacurers:

Soligor 135mm, f2.8
    Vivitar 28mm, f2.5

I hope that there will be more users contributing to this thread actively. Also, anyone interested in meeting up for an OM shoot?
    Yashica Mat LM,
    OM2n, OM2SP

All we need is for someone like you to organise one and I will definitely join.

I have the following: OM2SP, 24f2.8, 35f2, 50f3.5macro, 50f1.4, 100f2.8 & 200f4, all OM lenses. I also use them on my Canon 5D with an OM to EOS adaptor.

Quote Originally Posted by pcom21 View Post
    This is a very informative thread, aside from the websites I have been reading. I currently own an OM2, but I only have an olympus 50mm f1.8. The other two lenses I have for the camera are from other manufacurers:

Soligor 135mm, f2.8
    Vivitar 28mm, f2.5

I hope that there will be more users contributing to this thread actively. Also, anyone interested in meeting up for an OM shoot?

i will be interested too,
    i got an OM2sp too
    and
    50mm f1.4 silvernosed
    28mm f2.8
    and a monster vivitar 85-205mm

Anyone here managed to get their hands on a copy of the 55mm f1.2?

Gotten my first om1n and some lens last month. Wonderful camera n lenses

Quote Originally Posted by pikapig View Post

I think I just saw someone selling that for SGD700.00 in the B&S. I'm er...... saving up for it...
    Yashica Mat LM,
    OM2n, OM2SP

From my own research from many review sites, go for the 50mmf1.2 if you really need f1.2. Otherwise, the 50f1.4, "Japan" version with s/no greater than 1.1 million, will be an extremely good alternative. I have it after going through 3 copies and I prefer it to my Zeiss ZE 50f1.4.

Recent photos of my OM 50f1.4, extremely contrasty, wonderful colors and really value for money. All shot on my Canon 5D.
    F2

F2

F4

Quote Originally Posted by pcom21 View Post
    I think I just saw someone selling that for SGD700.00 in the B&S. I'm er...... saving up for it...
    Last edited by Anthony Lee; 13th May 2010 at 09:18 PM.

Sharing shots from my 50mm f1.8, shot from OM1n
    Its a really nice lens

i know someone selling 300euro plus shipping.
    i can pm u the contacts if u interested.

Last edited by paapoopa; 14th May 2010 at 09:50 AM.

Please note that my comments on OM lenses are my personal opinion. Because I use them both on my OM2SP as well as my Canon 5D, I prefer certain looks, feel and behaviour of individual lens. When used on both cameras, most of these lenses behave very differently, and because of this, I have to choose lenses that can perform to my taste on both cameras with some trade-off.

no problem Anthony,
    we are all sharing our personal opinion here...thanks for sharing.
    its good to share and learn from one another

myself, i just got a silvernose 50mm f1.4
    still waiting to run few more rolls out...

Haha...Anthony Chill ...think i know why u just clarified...anyway its individuals opinion na...

To me, i felt 55mm f1.2 should be a nice lens...from the many pics i saw...although i have nv handled one, but i would love to try it myself should i have the budget one day...

To me all OM lenses are excellent. Since all of them were made for film, using them on my DSLR is very different because of the AA filters. So I am more more inclined to the multi-coated versions. Infact I just picked up an OM 50mmf3.5 macro that I simply love without breaking my bank account. I am sure the 55mmf1.2 will also be fantastic but I still prefer the later black nose version (55mm) which do not have the yellowish tint that needs sunning.

Haha...Anthony Chill ...think i know why u just clarified...anyway its individuals opinion na...

To me, i felt 55mm f1.2 should be a nice lens...from the many pics i saw...although i have nv handled one, but i would love to try it myself should i have the budget one day...

I'm going to try this.

OM users, whether new users or lao jiao users, new to photography, or skilled ones, let us try to come out for a session of OM fun.

Date: 29th May
    Time: 3pm

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

I'm limiting this to 10 at the moment, but if you guys have any experience that more or less may be better, please let me know. Thanks!!
    Yashica Mat LM,
    OM2n, OM2SP

Hi people, please ignore the previous post. I have since posted the outing to a new thread here. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699191

I just realised I was hijacking the thread as soon as I hit the submit button. My sincere apologies to the TS and the many contributors here.
    Yashica Mat LM,
    OM2n, OM2SP

Just got these...woohooooooo

Oly OM2N
    Oly OM2SP
    28mm 2.8
    50mm 1.4
    85mm 3.5
    2 small Oly flashes
    Last edited by hsw21; 14th August 2010 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hsw21 View Post
    Just got these...woohooooooo

Oly OM2N
    Oly OM2SP
    28mm 2.8
    50mm 1.4
    85mm 3.5
    2 small Oly flashes
    Welcome to the wonderful world of OM. I see you have the OM 85f3.5 which I have not heard of. I also have the OM2SP and love it. The OM24f2.8 is a dynamite and it's in my bag all the time. Lately, I picked up the OM 35-70f3.6 and it's now stuck to my Canon 5D. It's simply a fabulous all-purpose lens and renders very neutral color and extremely sharp end to end and corner to corner. Attached photo is snapshot on National Day, f11, 1/320, ISO 100.

Last edited by Anthony Lee; 14th August 2010 at 01:52 PM.

Nice colors and great shots too. Care to share the type of film that you use?

Daniel
    Sharing shots from my 50mm f1.8, shot from OM1n
    Its a really nice lens

Blog
    Finally, the Roots.

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 478910111419 ... LastLast