Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: SDHC card unable to delete; need help

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    singapore; canberra
    Posts
    120

    Default SDHC card unable to delete; need help

    all bro/sis,

    use card reader to download all photos to my PC then try to peform a "delete" function using the PC for all files(photos) on the SDHC but it prompt me a message"cannot delete IMG_xxxx: The disk is write protected. Remove the write protection or use another disk"

    but never "lock" the SDHC card, 2 cards from "Sandisk" & "Pendrive" have the same error when deleting the photos.

    if post at the wrong section; pls forgive me;

    but i need help ... help ... help

    thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: SDHC card unable to delete; need help

    Have u tried formatting it??
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  3. #3

    Default Re: SDHC card unable to delete; need help

    Insert your SDHC card back into your camera. Go to the menu and search for the Format card function. Select Yes.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    singapore; canberra
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: SDHC card unable to delete; need help

    o.k. thanks now i go and try to format... thanks; update u all again..

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    singapore; canberra
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: SDHC card unable to delete; need help

    just perform a "format" function using the camera; ask my kid to become my model & took a few shots; download to PC & perform a "delete" function on the card same error pop up again; is it only "format" function from the camera will erase the data & unable to use "delete" function from PC?

    thanks

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: SDHC card unable to delete; need help

    Quote Originally Posted by foofoo View Post
    just perform a "format" function using the camera; ask my kid to become my model & took a few shots; download to PC & perform a "delete" function on the card same error pop up again; is it only "format" function from the camera will erase the data & unable to use "delete" function from PC?

    thanks
    What i meant is to do a full format from the PC. Able to do that?
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    singapore; canberra
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: SDHC card unable to delete; need help

    use PC to format the card but it pop up a message "the disk is write protected" but the card selector is not at the "lock" position.

    can advise/help me ?
    Last edited by foofoo; 20th September 2009 at 10:00 PM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: SDHC card unable to delete; need help

    I have written an informational thread about the cause and how to fix the reader. But cannot remember the title. Do search it.

  9. #9
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: SDHC card unable to delete; need help

    don't delete images from computer, make sure you have download all and done a backup copy.

    always use camera to format the memory cards, so will less change of having card read/write error
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  10. #10

    Default Re: SDHC card unable to delete; need help

    Quote Originally Posted by spheredome View Post
    I have written an informational thread about the cause and how to fix the reader. But cannot remember the title. Do search it.
    you need to learn how to use the clubsnap search function better.

    just search for threads started by you.

    this is the thread, i hope it helps the threadstarter because i don't know what is going on either.

  11. #11
    Senior Member dennisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
    Posts
    2,008

    Default Re: SDHC card unable to delete; need help

    Eh does ur card reader support SDHC cards in the first place? All my old readers were unable to read SDCD

  12. #12
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: SDHC card unable to delete; need help

    Quote Originally Posted by foofoo
    use PC to format the card but it pop up a message "the disk is write protected" but the card selector is not at the "lock" position.

    can advise/help me ?
    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare
    you need to learn how to use the clubsnap search function better.

    just search for threads started by you.

    this is the thread, i hope it helps the threadstarter because i don't know what is going on either.
    That's the correct link!
    What the "lock" tab on the SD/SDHC card does is simply to push a spring contact inside the card reader. When the spring contact touches the circuit board, the SD/SDHC card can be written on.
    Exploring! :)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •