Thread: apple blues, rainbow veggies

Default apple blues, rainbow veggies

arnt they mangoes? =)

err... the pics don't do much for me...

err is that editing i see for the colors? cos erm.. can see. if its not then i **** eye.

erm.. flash used?

to me... as in to me personally colours can be richer and the second pic is overexposed..

if its abstract, err.. dunno leh.. still does not do it for me cos its not really abstract...

thats how i feel i guess... anywae was here jsut to say.. arnt they mangoes?

Zaren,

personally, I feel that if you want to capitalise on the 2nd shot due to the colours, try a landscape crop or shot. Somehow the current crop doesn't do justice to the title of Rainbow vegs. It's very interesting that there's so many colours in your shot so there's a lot of potential of making a good shot with more angles and wide shots

Quote Originally Posted by moos blues
    arnt they mangoes? =)

err... the pics don't do much for me...

err is that editing i see for the colors? cos erm.. can see. if its not then i **** eye.

erm.. flash used?

to me... as in to me personally colours can be richer and the second pic is overexposed..

if its abstract, err.. dunno leh.. still does not do it for me cos its not really abstract...

thats how i feel i guess... anywae was here jsut to say.. arnt they mangoes?

Thanks for your comments! Yes, they are mangoes.... I must have been blind!
    Editing for colours, yes as in increased saturation... mebbe overdone. The JPEG artifacts are from the extra compression from Imagestation. Your eyesight is fine. The original colours looked a bit washed-out to me, mebbe have to shoot in more diffused light to get richer colours, instead of the harsh midday lighting. It's more still life than abstract, but does lack a strong subject matter.

And yes, they are mangoes

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    Zaren,

personally, I feel that if you want to capitalise on the 2nd shot due to the colours, try a landscape crop or shot. Somehow the current crop doesn't do justice to the title of Rainbow vegs. It's very interesting that there's so many colours in your shot so there's a lot of potential of making a good shot with more angles and wide shots
    Thanks SniperD,

Good idea to use a more "panoramic" viewpoint, I agree that it would be more effective. Actually the rainbow striped wall was very long with vegetables lined up for about 20m, so could try shooting from a greater distance and cropping for a panoramic view.