View Poll Results: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce? What will be an ideal situation fo

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • HDB prices to maintain at the existing level

    7 16.28%
  • HDB prices to decrease by 20% or lesser

    6 13.95%
  • HDB prices to decrease by more than 20%

    13 30.23%
  • HDB prices to increase by up to 20%

    10 23.26%
  • HDB prices to increase by more than 20%

    7 16.28%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 111

Thread: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

  1. #1

    Default HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

    Dear All,

    I am just curious, having seen all the HDB property prices related threads, do you seriously want HDB prices to fall?

    I guess this poll/question will attract different responses, depending on your situation or life cycle stages you're in. Come share your opinons...

  2. #2

    Default Re: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

    I saw a similar poll in MCF forum and I thought the results are quite enlightening.

    http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?...c=2642827&st=0

    So I decided to post here. I wonder whether the different demographics of the two forums will lead to different results.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

    think it will maintain till next year.

    and after that, a further increase. i think everyone knows why?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  4. #4
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

    As a Home owner.... of course to Maintain/Increase is good for me. But not to the point where our children can't afford Houses even if they have lower expectation on what they should or should not get.....

    And why you start this thread.... kind of like looking for a 'fight' over another thread.... right ??!!

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

    it will increase definitely...its the only thing that appreciates, even when there is a market drop, it will pick up again... but i want it at a steady pace, where the increase will benefit hdb owners but at the same time young couples looking to start a family are not being price out... at the current situation for young couples, its not affordable at all on resale market, only route is BTO which is a long wait...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  6. #6

    Default Re: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

    I think in the case of HDB, it is a little different from private housing. While investors can speculate and invest in private housing with a much greater flexibility, for HDB, things are much more restrictive. Most HDB buyers would stay the flat, as required by HDB.

    When buying a house to live in, appreciating prices may not bring about as much advantages as a property bought for investment purposes. So what if the house double in price? If you sell it, you will still need to buy another one to live in. The new property you buy would probably be extremely expensive as well.

    Ofcourse speculative buyers would like property prices to go up fast and for them to make a quick buck. Free money? Well, we are in this global financial melt down because of the artificially high property prices and the lack of governance in the financial sector.

    The ideal scenario is for property prices to reflect the true demand and not be artificially high. This means moving at the same rate as the demand, regardless of whether it moves upwards, staying put or downwards. When prices are artificially high, they tend to crash and bring about a whole load of issues with it.
    "Take a picture, it'll last longer..."

  7. #7

    Default Re: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

    hope the bubble bust...........

    D.S.L.R

  8. #8

    Default Re: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    think it will maintain till next year.

    and after that, a further increase. i think everyone knows why?
    it won't come down. when the resorts open, more ppl/PR coming to work. either they rent or they pool in and buy a resale flat. by that time, those property agent will be too tied up to pick up calls from Singaporean. don't even ask for better pricing or lesser COV.

    now, already so many indonesian, china-chinese, malaysian, Filipino, Thai, Burmese are snapping up resale flats.

    anybody saw Sunday newspaper? many has voiced out concerns.

    in future, when you confessed you are local, they will slam your call liao.

  9. #9

    Default Re: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

    Quote Originally Posted by tenchimuyo View Post
    hope the bubble bust...........

    spoke with brutal honesty. that's what average singaporean could do now.

    silly regulation, above 3K cannot take HDB loan. above 8K cannot buy HDB flat. salary above 3K, think all money use for paying loan? no need to eat? no need to give parent? no need to take transport? no need to pay insurance? no to pay medical? no need to pay IRAS?

    couple pay above 8K? does it mean they can live in posh condo? landed property..

    they really has do re-visit this guideline.

    seems like the new generation of singaporean or coupled are being punished now for those misdeed that the older generation has made!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    it won't come down. when the resorts open, more ppl/PR coming to work. either they rent or they pool in and buy a resale flat. by that time, those property agent will be too tied up to pick up calls from Singaporean. don't even ask for better pricing or lesser COV.

    now, already so many indonesian, china-chinese, malaysian, Filipino, Thai, Burmese are snapping up resale flats.

    anybody saw Sunday newspaper? many has voiced out concerns.

    in future, when you confessed you are local, they will slam your call liao.
    will eventually go up but not at the time being, at least till elections is over. kekeke
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  11. #11

    Default Re: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    spoke with brutal honesty. that's what average singaporean could do now.

    silly regulation, above 3K cannot take HDB loan. above 8K cannot buy HDB flat. salary above 3K, think all money use for paying loan? no need to eat? no need to give parent? no need to take transport? no need to pay insurance? no to pay medical? no need to pay IRAS?

    couple pay above 8K? does it mean they can live in posh condo? landed property..

    they really has do re-visit this guideline.

    seems like the new generation of singaporean or coupled are being punished now for those misdeed that the older generation has made!

    relax... cool down....
    i agree with u.
    D.S.L.R

  12. #12

    Default Re: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

    Quote Originally Posted by tenchimuyo View Post
    hope the bubble bust...........


    yes.. me too! and I am double the



  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chestnut
    Posts
    3,171

    Default Re: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

    ...if bubble burst, not sure how many will still be thinking of buying as that would probably coincide with poor economy.....which could also mean retrenchment......ru u sure you want the bubble to burst?

  14. #14
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

    Quote Originally Posted by Danntbt View Post
    ...if bubble burst, not sure how many will still be thinking of buying as that would probably coincide with poor economy.....which could also mean retrenchment......ru u sure you want the bubble to burst?

    The other funny thing is that they also forget their parents OWN houses.... their other family members OWN houses.... their friends OWN houses....

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  15. #15

    Default Re: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

    Quote Originally Posted by Danntbt View Post
    ...if bubble burst, not sure how many will still be thinking of buying as that would probably coincide with poor economy.....which could also mean retrenchment......ru u sure you want the bubble to burst?
    shouldn't that be the best time to buy?

  16. #16

    Default Re: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    The other funny thing is that they also forget their parents OWN houses.... their other family members OWN houses.... their friends OWN houses....
    true. remember last crisis, the cpf came out with a scheme to delay payment if out-of-job. can hold payment up to 12 months (of course need to pay more interest rate)..

    if everything that was said come true, at least the retrenched still got a house to fall back on or a roof for shelter. so bubble burst hypothesis still executable.

  17. #17

    Default Re: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

    The sad thing is that the pic that is painted to the average singaporean is still tainted with caveats.

    I read with amusement recently that those HDB homes that are sold below valuation are those that are retailing at 600K with the valuation at 650K.

    50K is a big discount. Yes, it sure is.

    Regards
    D3s / D3x / 18-55 f3.5 - 5.6 / 55-200 f3.5-5.6 / 50 f1.8

  18. #18
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

    Quote Originally Posted by Legoz View Post
    The sad thing is that the pic that is painted to the average singaporean is still tainted with caveats.

    I read with amusement recently that those HDB homes that are sold below valuation are those that are retailing at 600K with the valuation at 650K.

    50K is a big discount. Yes, it sure is.

    Regards

    Its a Buyer must be willing, Seller must be willing thing.

    I want to sell at $600K but no one is buying.... If I need to sell quickly, have to lower price lor.

    I 'must' buy a 5Room at this location but no one is selling.... If I need the House quick, have to increase my offer lor.

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  19. #19

    Default Re: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    The other funny thing is that they also forget their parents OWN houses.... their other family members OWN houses.... their friends OWN houses....
    since they OWN n LIVE IN the house, they can not cash in.. what is so good of owning something that's so imaginary? and they have to put same magnitude of $ in case of an upgrade..

    sometimes i feel absurd when the insurance agents puts 5% annual pay incrememt until 55 yo.. and one has a 2M imaginary $ in case one dies.. and the agents happily put them in clients' financial planning balance sheets.. client also happy to see big numbers but they are not aware, when big bricks scramble together, it's the big holes of same magnitude where the agent exploits and earns his/her commission..
    Last edited by dRebelXT; 21st September 2009 at 11:42 AM.

  20. #20
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: HDB property prices...increase maintain or reduce?

    Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT View Post
    since they OWN n LIVE IN the house, they can not cash in.. what is so good of owning something that's so imaginary? and they have to put same magnitude of $ in case of an upgrade..

    Unless they 'downgrade'.... 5Room to 4Room to 3Room.... etc.
    Last edited by diver-hloc; 21st September 2009 at 12:35 PM.

    Scuba & Father... For Life

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •