Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: LX3 lens-cap query

  1. #1

    Default LX3 lens-cap query

    Hi guys, just wondering whether you have ever accidentally on your LX3 when the lens-cap is attached? Will the lens come out and hit the lens-cap or will the camera automatically detect the lens-cap and wun push the lens out?

    I read some stories online from some LX3 users that said they hear a crunching sound like the lens grinding against the lens-cap when they accidentally on the camera when the lens-cap is on. I want to make sure of this so that I dun accidentally on my camera and damage the lens in this scenario.
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

  2. #2

    Default Re: LX3 lens-cap query

    I Hope not because sometimes u really tend to forget.. all it does is that a black screen pops out reminding you to remove lense cover and press any button.. so far...no crush sounds yet

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    1,976

    Default Re: LX3 lens-cap query

    I did switch on my camera when the len cap is attached. The len will not protrude out and hit the len cap.
    In the eyes of the beholder!

  4. #4

    Default Re: LX3 lens-cap query

    When i on my Lx3 with the lens cap on, the lens wouldn't hit the cap.
    msjovial-Eliza <3

  5. #5

    Default Re: LX3 lens-cap query

    aiyah, get the lc-1 la.

    looks cooler too.

  6. #6

    Default Re: LX3 lens-cap query

    If your lens cap is on and you turn on your camera on recording mode, it will prompt you to remove your cap first. You won't hear any crunching sounds etc.
    Have accidently encountered it before a few times, and no, it will not spoil the camera. Previously I've heard this would spoil the Canon S3IS.
    from guitars, cars to dslr...

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: LX3 lens-cap query

    Because I use to DSLR, which I do not need to remove cap, I tend to do the same on the LX3, many time I did that and till today it is still working. I find that nowadays the camera are build to sense the cover, so it is being protect not to spoil the lens.

    No worries, too many time happen to me already.....now still clicking...
    Success doesn't come to you,
    you go to it. :)

  8. #8

    Default Re: LX3 lens-cap query

    This is good to hear. At least now I wun have to worry about accidentally damaging the lens. I used to DSLR too, so sometimes will forget to remove lens cap and power on the camera.
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

  9. #9

    Default Re: LX3 lens-cap query

    You may want to check and upload the latest firmware for the LX3.
    Before I uploaded the new version 1.3 firmware; the lens was hitting the lens cap and you can hear the crunching sound. I off and on the power again and everythings OK.
    After loading the version 1.3 firmware a message will remind you to remove the lenscap and press any button if you have not removed the lenscap. I have not notice the crunching sound in my camera.
    You can check which version of the firmware in your camera by following the instruction manual.

  10. #10

    Default Re: LX3 lens-cap query

    Ya I suspect the latest 1.3 firmware resolve the lens-cap on, lens coming out problem. I bought my LX3 only last week and it comes with 1.3 firmware out of the box liao.

    Quote Originally Posted by wongcho View Post
    You may want to check and upload the latest firmware for the LX3.
    Before I uploaded the new version 1.3 firmware; the lens was hitting the lens cap and you can hear the crunching sound. I off and on the power again and everythings OK.
    After loading the version 1.3 firmware a message will remind you to remove the lenscap and press any button if you have not removed the lenscap. I have not notice the crunching sound in my camera.
    You can check which version of the firmware in your camera by following the instruction manual.
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

  11. #11

    Default Re: LX3 lens-cap query

    Quote Originally Posted by aaron80 View Post
    Hi guys, just wondering whether you have ever accidentally on your LX3 when the lens-cap is attached? Will the lens come out and hit the lens-cap or will the camera automatically detect the lens-cap and wun push the lens out?

    I read some stories online from some LX3 users that said they hear a crunching sound like the lens grinding against the lens-cap when they accidentally on the camera when the lens-cap is on. I want to make sure of this so that I dun accidentally on my camera and damage the lens in this scenario.

    tried it, the camera pops up a sentence -- "please take the lens cap off" -- and the lens keeps ITS org. position never come outs, until you take the cap off!

  12. #12

    Default Re: LX3 lens-cap query

    That's good to hear. That's how my Canon G6 got damaged once. I put my G6 in my bag, and I mustve accidentally turned it on (The "on" dial on G6 is retarded). The lens cap was still attached, and even though the lens cap isn't as tight as the one in lx3, the lens got stuck to some other stuff in the bag. Cost me US$100+ to fix the damn thing.

  13. #13

    Default Re: LX3 lens-cap query

    I got the LC 1 lens cap but the flaps seems to cover the lens when I zoom the camera... Any advice?

  14. #14

    Default Re: LX3 lens-cap query

    Quote Originally Posted by ngyfoong View Post
    I got the LC 1 lens cap but the flaps seems to cover the lens when I zoom the camera... Any advice?
    have you done the modification?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •