Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    I think the parents with the ill child should still have better control if not on the child then the environment, some effort on sound-proofing the home would be good gesture. Rubber tiles versus ceramic ones etc...
    agree, but i think the mp story case family's financial not good else when the MP visited them, they would have invited him into their private sound proof ktv room for a few songs before he dished out the compliant? whahahahaha

You in a restaurant in your most expensive clothing, waiter accidentally pour gravy on you and your expensive clothing is ruined beyond repair/recover, it was an accident and waiter very apologetic, but still someone has to pay for this right? at least replace same value item? being sorry is one thing but offering to pay or make good a situation is the right thing to do. Agree or disagree?

../azul123
    agree lah, but if the customer can sympathise with the lowly paid waiter and waive of the compensation, world peace achieved, else, only the restaurant owner can chip in lor, rightfully and guess what might happen to the poor waiter's allowance after that? apa then the restaurant owner also can be compassionate enough not to deduct his pay, then world peace x2!!!! peace peace! else 'hoot la' in restaurant like andy lau mafia fight on the spot! whahahhaahah

Quote Originally Posted by snits View Post
    agree, but i think the mp story case family's financial not good else when the MP visited them, they would have invited him into their private sound proof ktv room for a few songs before he dished out the compliant? whahahahaha

agree lah, but if the customer can sympathise with the lowly paid waiter and waive of the compensation, world peace achieved, else, only the restaurant owner can chip in lor, rightfully and guess what might happen to the poor waiter's allowance after that? apa then the restaurant owner also can be compassionate enough not to deduct his pay, then world peace x2!!!! peace peace! else 'hoot la' in restaurant like andy lau mafia fight on the spot! whahahhaahah
    Then MP should have tried to help, as the neighbours will undoubtedly be living in constant annoyance.

Restaurant liable right? not asking poor waiter to pay. Who is taking about war? talking about how to handle the situation the best possible way.

Same as MP is HeiPiGu's post... was it handle the best possible way, I agree we cannot condone rash act like throwing chair but knowing his condition, what the MP could have done is accept the apology and having the young man acknowledge that his rash act was not condoned and he could have landed in big trouble with law.

Being an MP is more Heartware then anything else... in this internet age a compassionate MP can go along way and by the way vice versa also.

../azul123

Then MP should have tried to help, as the neighbours will undoubtedly be living in constant annoyance.
    got help la bro,,,,

The MP instead of reproaching this family, realised the root cause and instead offered assistance to this family
    Restaurant liable right? not asking poor waiter to pay.
    business establishment should have insurance against accidents like this, and employer/staff contract should cover penalty like this (depends)

Being an MP is more Heartware then anything else... in this internet age a compassionate MP can go along way and by the way vice versa also.

../azul123
    you mean software isit?

you mean software isit?
    No, I mean Heartware (my term) must have Heart

../azul123

No, I mean Heartware (my term) must have Heart

../azul123
    oh, tricky spelling leh, u got me can't agree more lah,

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    can i kb too.

there was once at macdonald's i was just sitting there. it was noisy, but that was fine.

then this kid came with his adoring family. he was running around screaming at the top of his voice, hitting all the chairs beside me. i was at the bar-style area.

i stared daggers at the family. they knew i was irritated.. so what did they do? say things like "don't run around la, boy.. later mommy smack." and smiled at him adoringly. in the meantime, he continued with his bloodcurdling screams and at the end of the evening i had a massive headache.

i really wanted to tell the parents off. but it is not nice to reprimand anyone in front of their kids.
    Oh boy, have I been kenna by this type of stuff ever... countless times!!!

In my case, the adoring parents go one step further "see lah, the uncle over there angry already, later scold you how?", win liao... can't even say anything after that.

got help la bro,,,,
    Got ah?.. you so sure ah? your initial post was "i recently read on the news an MP (I think so)".

Since you post something that maybe you weren't entirely sure or I misunderstood it, anyway it is a tough situation to be in.. that is the cost of living in community housing, got to take the good with the bad. No one is at fault, just the luck of the draw.

../azul123

Got ah?.. you so sure ah? your initial post was "i recently read on the news an MP (I think so)".

Since you post something that maybe you weren't entirely sure or I misunderstood it, anyway it is a tough situation to be in.. that is the cost of living in community housing, got to take the good with the bad. No one is at fault, just the luck of the draw.

../azul123
    wah, everybody like nick picking eh? (I think) refer to either the MP or a Mayor/some civic servant (I dunno) that's why the brackets are beside the "MP", since you need clarification as it's definitely what I meant so you've misunderstood whhahahahah... ok ok stop here lah, OT big time already, no body reads the details anyway, i'm done, cheers bro!

wah, everybody like nick picking eh? (I think) refer to either the MP or a Mayor/some civic servant (I dunno) that's why the brackets are beside the "MP", since you need clarification as it's definitely what I meant so you've misunderstood whhahahahah... ok ok stop here lah, OT big time already, no body reads the details anyway, i'm done, cheers bro!
    It's a lot of difference leh, MP/Mayor/Some Civil Servant, sekali it is some Town Councillor

Ok lah... stop picking on you liow lah.

../azul123

mp and mayor are there to help the residents, it's their job

mp and mayor are there to help the residents, it's their job
    Not disputing that...

What I am getting to is that you are not sure whether it was an MP/Mayor/Civil Servant etc... and what else you are not sure that you posted?

../azul123

Not disputing that...

What I am getting to is that you are not sure whether it was an MP/Mayor/Civil Servant etc... and what else you are not sure that you posted?

../azul123
    yawn what did you say again?

yawn what did you say again?

../azul123

see mee whiter than white? got such logic meh?
    may i suggest you try to make friends with google?
    you might learn some useful skills in the process..

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    may i suggest you try to make friends with google?
    you might learn some useful skills in the process..
    ok, will google blacker then black as well hahaha
    Last edited by snits; 6th October 2009 at 10:58 PM.

I once had a conversation with foreigners working at my company.

They believe

1. Singapore is facing massive unemployment. The govt bring in foreigners to reduce unemployment and provide jobs for the people.

2. Singapore practices massive protectionism. Foreigners are employed only in jobs locals don't want. The high-end jobs are held only for Singaporeans.

3. Only 20% of Singaporeans pay tax, so foreigners that pay tax are >> Singaporeans. Singaporeans should be grateful for them helping to fund the govt.

4. Singaporeans are weak. They do not have to capability to do hi-end jobs, for example research. Foreigners fill those jobs to bail out the country.

5. Singapore is not a good place to be. They rather be in the US or Canada. They are here biding their time waiting to make the move there.

That's the way things are.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    I once had a conversation with foreigners working at my company.

They believe

1. Singapore is facing massive unemployment. The govt bring in foreigners to reduce unemployment and provide jobs for the people.

2. Singapore practices massive protectionism. Foreigners are employed only in jobs locals don't want. The high-end jobs are held only for Singaporeans.

3. Only 20% of Singaporeans pay tax, so foreigners that pay tax are >> Singaporeans. Singaporeans should be grateful for them helping to fund the govt.

4. Singaporeans are weak. They do not have to capability to do hi-end jobs, for example research. Foreigners fill those jobs to bail out the country.

5. Singapore is not a good place to be. They rather be in the US or Canada. They are here biding their time waiting to make the move there.

That's the way things are.

But 2 and 4 is contradicting leh

Yes, so it depends at a particular instant in time which suits their purpose best.

In any case the govt realise they screwed up big time and are trying to backpedal.
    A few years back the govt said Sg should have 6-7 mil residents by 2030.
    Last year the govt want that figure to be 5-5.5 mil.
    In between, while the screwup has been going on, the foreign influx has been huge, and the govt is now trying to salvage the situation.

The govt has been saying the reason for the large foreign influx is due to the low birth rate. But to hit the kind of population figures the govt want, the population growth rate has to be abnormally high, something like >1.8% a year. Currently this high growth is sustained by foreign influx converting to pr. But if this increase is to be sustained solely by birth rate alone, well, 1.8% population growth is common in the late 1960s-early 70s. A time when the govt was pushing for 2-child policy.

So do you think it's reasonable to expect a developed country to have a birth rate similar to that of a developing country?
    Last edited by ArchRival; 10th October 2009 at 04:57 AM.

We got friends from emerging countries. Of course they'll populate our countries as much as possible. That's the whole point of having foreign talents right? I'm expecting the honeycomb looking populaton graph to return to the upward pointing triangle soon with majority being filled by our Chinese, Indian and Bangle friends.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

Another interesting little tidbit.

In 07-08, during the economic crisis, total unemployment rate rose from 2.1-2.2%, change of 0.1%.
    Umemployment rate among residents increase from 3.0-3.2%, change of 0.2%.

In other words, the proportion of jobs loss among residents is higher than the total average. So what is the proportion of jobs loss for foreigners to bring the national average down to 0.1%? Definitely has to be lower than 0.2%.

Which means the idea of using foreign labour as a buffer probably isn't working.

By the way, residents = singaporeans + pr. Means permanent residents, you are screwed too.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast