Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 186

Thread: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

  1. #41

    Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega23 View Post
    Aiyah not only ang mo think singaporean stupid even singaporean also think themselve stupid... just go to Bn S got ppl selling nikon 18-70 for $500..

    Ok! I admit! I always sort of like it when it's Singaporeans bashing fellow Singaporeans. I'll joined in also

    But when it's a foreigner bashing us, I will stand up and fight!

    Eh bro, how come you so 'li pu' one, can OT to Nikon lens selling price at B&S?
    Last edited by HeiPiGu; 18th September 2009 at 04:45 PM.

  2. #42

    Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    Ok! I admit! I always sort of like it when it's Singaporeans bashing fellow Singaporeans. I'll joined in also

    But when it's a foreigner bashing us, I will stand up and fight!

    Eh bro, how come you so 'li pu' one, can OT to Nikon lens selling price at B&S?
    no we must have gu qi.. if not in the wrong even grandfather bash u also fight back

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    Want people to die because of bicycle parking?

    When we are teenagers, we also do a lot of stupid things right?

    Yes... That's why all of us here agree that his tone is over the limit... but what he said is true and like a needle poking into us and cause us to bleed...

    So, now since we know how people will feel if we criticise their whole populations, let us not do it ourselves against other people.. like saying these country people very loud or smelly or dishonest, just because of a handful of individuals... They will not like it too...

    and also, for those with kids... remember to take care of them in public places...

  4. #44

    Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

    Quote Originally Posted by hongwen37 View Post

    and also, for those with kids... remember to take care of them in public places...

    Especially when inside public libraries....please

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    Ok! I admit! I always sort of like it when it's Singaporeans bashing fellow Singaporeans. I'll joined in also

    But when it's a foreigner bashing us, I will stand up and fight!

    Eh bro, how come you so 'li pu' one, can OT to Nikon lens selling price at B&S?
    Hi,

    What's the difference when a foreigner is criticizing or a local? The criticism is the same, and if it is valid try to look beyond who said it, cause who said it is not important.

    Try to look at the criticims only, and if it makes sense do something about it! Criticism only means there are things going wrong, and we have to do something about it.......try to overcome your ego, pride or whatever is blocking you to see the truth



    There is an analogy:

    A guy was hit by an arrow and before being treated, he demanded to know who shot it, what bow was used, what arrow it was, etc.......by the time he knew all the answers to this, he died.....

    Now at least you also feel when Singaporeans generalize FT and other foreigners? There is no use in generalising, I go to Europe often and it happens now in Europe where almost all Muslims are being seen as potential terrorists, just because some are brainwashed into doing terror...........

    Ignorance breeds stupidity.........

    Hong Sien

  6. #46

    Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Hi,

    What's the difference when a foreigner is criticizing or a local? The criticism is the same, and if it is valid try to look beyond who said it, cause who said it is not important.

    Try to look at the criticims only, and if it makes sense do something about it! Criticism only means there are things going wrong, and we have to do something about it.......try to overcome your ego, pride or whatever is blocking you to see the truth

    I'm only human

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    I'm only human
    Realising your faults is already halfway to the right direction

  8. #48

    Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

    Prejudice=Ignorant

    normally a person who is prejudiced against another person of a different race/religion/sex/nationality etc simply because that person is ignorant about the other person's culture.

    I am a regular cyclist at East Coast Park, I see these "problems" all the time. However in Singapore, cycling is merely a leisure past time activity, unlike some other countries where cycling is a also a mode of transportation. Cyclists(typically young people who are not vehicle owners) here are not aware of road rules.

    in Tokyo Japan, people stand on one side of the escalator to allow people on the other side who want to walk faster past them. In trains, the Japanese do not allow mobile phones to ring, actually even talking on the phone is frowned upon.

    We do these things in Singapore or in the United States. Does that meant we are stupid? We are just being ignorant of cultures of different people, that's all.

    We sometimes are also prejudiced against Mainland chinese for being loud and squat all over the place. but in their own country, everywhere is so crowded and noisy that they need to "shout" to get themselves. It's also hard to get a place to sit in crowded place, so they will just have to squat at any availiable space.


    We need to understand people of other cultures and nationalities or else we cannot understand/accept others.

    being ignorant makes us stupid too?

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

    Quote Originally Posted by photoart View Post
    Prejudice=Ignorant

    normally a person who is prejudiced against another person of a different race/religion/sex/nationality etc simply because that person is ignorant about the other person's culture.

    I am a regular cyclist at East Coast Park, I see these "problems" all the time. However in Singapore, cycling is merely a leisure past time activity, unlike some other countries where cycling is a also a mode of transportation. Cyclists(typically young people who are not vehicle owners) here are not aware of road rules.

    in Tokyo Japan, people stand on one side of the escalator to allow people on the other side who want to walk faster past them. In trains, the Japanese do not allow mobile phones to ring, actually even talking on the phone is frowned upon.

    We do these things in Singapore or in the United States. Does that meant we are stupid? We are just being ignorant of cultures of different people, that's all.

    We sometimes are also prejudiced against Mainland chinese for being loud and squat all over the place. but in their own country, everywhere is so crowded and noisy that they need to "shout" to get themselves. It's also hard to get a place to sit in crowded place, so they will just have to squat at any availiable space.


    We need to understand people of other cultures and nationalities or else we cannot understand/accept others.

    being ignorant makes us stupid too?
    It's ignorance against your own 'mistakes' or having no common sense that breeds stupidity..............

    I have missed several trains just because some people here do not stand in line while on the escalators.......and one even was laughing at it

    There generally is no consideration to others anymore. The older generation here are nicer cause it was nicer in the old days I also see this happening in Europe where society has become so hard and tough! No more smiles, mainly in big cities......

    Everyone has to earn more and more, and in this way overlook the people around them

    HS

  10. #50
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

    Quote Originally Posted by photoart View Post
    Prejudice=Ignorant

    normally a person who is prejudiced against another person of a different race/religion/sex/nationality etc simply because that person is ignorant about the other person's culture.

    I am a regular cyclist at East Coast Park, I see these "problems" all the time. However in Singapore, cycling is merely a leisure past time activity, unlike some other countries where cycling is a also a mode of transportation. Cyclists(typically young people who are not vehicle owners) here are not aware of road rules.

    in Tokyo Japan, people stand on one side of the escalator to allow people on the other side who want to walk faster past them. In trains, the Japanese do not allow mobile phones to ring, actually even talking on the phone is frowned upon.

    We do these things in Singapore or in the United States. Does that meant we are stupid? We are just being ignorant of cultures of different people, that's all.

    We sometimes are also prejudiced against Mainland chinese for being loud and squat all over the place. but in their own country, everywhere is so crowded and noisy that they need to "shout" to get themselves. It's also hard to get a place to sit in crowded place, so they will just have to squat at any availiable space.


    We need to understand people of other cultures and nationalities or else we cannot understand/accept others.

    being ignorant makes us stupid too?
    In trains that operate in Japan, females get groped.

  11. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

    he has his points, is not so easy to cycle peacefully on east coast cycling path...especially during the weekends.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 19th September 2009 at 10:15 AM.

  12. #52
    Senior Member Lomographer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paterson Road
    Posts
    2,047

    Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    In trains that operate in Japan, females get groped.
    nowadays first carriage of the train is ladies only during rush hour period, not so bad.
    Pentax K-x

  13. #53

    Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Realising your faults is already halfway to the right direction
    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    It's ignorance against your own 'mistakes' or having no common sense that breeds stupidity..............

    I have missed several trains just because some people here do not stand in line while on the escalators.......and one even was laughing at it

    There generally is no consideration to others anymore. The older generation here are nicer cause it was nicer in the old days I also see this happening in Europe where society has become so hard and tough! No more smiles, mainly in big cities......

    Everyone has to earn more and more, and in this way overlook the people around them

    HS
    Just come back from Shanghai, do travel in their public transport glad to know we are better so improve yourself stopping pointing fingers at other.

  14. #54

    Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

    Quote Originally Posted by weevil84 View Post
    "Hopefully the Chinese, Malays, and Indians that replace them will be smarter."

    Clearly this guy doesn't know what he is talking about. LoL... I forgive his stupidity...
    Beside stupid, this angmo is a great coward trying to lick the boots of China, Malaysia & India
    Up for Asia

    If we are stupid Singaporeans how are we able to build a Nation that attract FT.

  15. #55
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

    This reminded me of someone probably a white guy by the sound of it who used to post here.

    Everytime he wrote about Singapore he complained this was not good lah and that was not good lah. Hear also sian.

    Why was he in Singapore if he was so happy there? There are so many countries in the west a upwardly mobile professional can go to with the right qualifications or home is always greener.

    When in Singapore if you are not prepared to drop your cockney twang and embrace Singlish, you are in serious trouble.

    You change yourself. Singapore and the traffic flow won't change and don't have to change because of you.

    Last edited by Sion; 19th September 2009 at 02:10 PM.

  16. #56
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    In trains that operate in Japan, females get groped.
    I was in Japan several years ago.

    I was bit disappointed as no man tried to grope me or pinch my bottom in the trains.

    Last edited by Sion; 19th September 2009 at 02:10 PM.

  17. #57

    Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

    When in Singapore if you are not prepared to drop your cockney twang and embrace Singlish, you are in serious trouble.

    You change yourself.

    Ditto!

  18. #58

    Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I was in Japan several years ago.

    I was bit disappointed as no man tried to grope me or pinch my bottom in the trains.

    What would clubsnap be without kopitiam?

    -- Marios

  19. #59

    Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I was in Japan several years ago.

    I was bit disappointed as no man tried to grope me or pinch my bottom in the trains.

    u were not in your famous attire? 8)
    that would certainly help.

  20. #60
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Stupid Singaporeans, lets all help our FT to integrate

    Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    What would clubsnap be without kopitiam?

    -- Marios
    Then Clubsnap would be like a Japanese train without the men with busy sweaty hands.
    Last edited by Sion; 19th September 2009 at 03:49 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •