Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: MALAYSIA is starting a food fight

Default Re: MALAYSIA is starting a food fight

Quote Originally Posted by J-Chan View Post
    Hmm, which begs the question.. Are french fries really French?
    French fries originated from Belgium.

Quote Originally Posted by shorty View Post
    I malaysian also sian ah read my country minister joke like that... si beh no brain and shameless

this Em Yienyien must be virgin old and nothing to think of. Stare at the food and thought of claiming.....
    How you know she virgin old?

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    I saw a picture of her. Judging from her size, I'm sure she is a food lover

And we don't have to guess what are her favourite food
    She talk stupid, she eat stupid - cannot be a food lover.

Quote Originally Posted by kruger View Post
    KUALA LUMPUR - MALAYSIA is starting a food fight.

Laksa, nasi lemak, Hainanese chicken rice, chilli crab and bak kut teh are all Malaysian dishes, Tourism Minister Ng Yen Yen declared. On Wednesday, Datuk Seri Dr Ng accused other countries of 'hijacking' local dishes such as laksa and nasi lemak, and said it was high time that Malaysia claimed them as Malaysian. 'We cannot continue to let other countries hijack our food,' she said, without naming the countries. 'Chilli crab is Malaysian. Hainanese chicken rice is Malaysian. We have to lay claim to our food,' the minister said after she launched the Malaysia International Gourmet Festival. But some food critics disagreed, saying that it would not be possible for a country to claim ownership over the dishes. Malaysian celebrity chef Rohani Jelani said that food in general is not politically divided. As people move from one country to another, they also take with them the recipes of their favourite food. 'I think it is difficult to claim ownership or to say exactly what food originated from where. This is because there are no boundaries when it comes to food,' she told The Straits Times. Singapore food celebrity K.F. Seetoh agreed that it would be impossible for anyone to claim ownership over food, even if a certain dish is easily available at a certain place.

Read the full story in Friday's edition of The Straits Times.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_431428.html.
    Tourism Minister Ng Yen Yen probably forgets to claim McCurry for Malaysia too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    How you know she virgin old?
    If you want to know you have to find it out yourself.

Blog Entries

must be election time in malaysia... this kind of crap abt SG always get thrown ard in malaysia during their election time... wah lau... find a better thing to fight abt, can?
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Dumb joke and Dumb ass politician.
    What next? Go malaysia cannot breath in their air because the air belong to malaysia.
    1DmkIII/5D+grip/40D+grip/CZ 35T*1.4/85T*1.4/17-40 f4 L/24-70 f2.8L/135 f2L/200 f2.8L/500 f4L IS

food knows no boundary.

well, what about rice, mee? who own these? definitely not them..

everytime kena whack by ppl, will piss off their anger at us..

I malaysian also sian ah read my country minister joke like that... si beh no brain and shameless

this Em Yienyien must be virgin old and nothing to think of. Stare at the food and thought of claiming.....
    Ng Yen Yen is best known for her dress sense and she claims this as Malaysian national dress.

Last edited by Sion; 19th September 2009 at 03:59 PM.

Dunno would Malaysia claim durian as their food/fruit too? Else Esplanade kerna sue man.

Much to say about the intelligentsia in Malaysia these days....

Quote Originally Posted by lamergod View Post
    they did not invented singapore.Singaporeans voted to join them.Singapore joined malaysia for their natural resources for establishing Singapore.
    They're not the ones who founded Singapore. Long before Malays occupy Peninsula Malaysia, there're various empires including Indian that rule over SEA. The undisputed challenge is that, Orang Asli are the very first inhabitants of Peninsula Malaysia, later that Malay sultans rule over it. Today they place Orang Asli, Malays and indigenous peoples of Sabah and Sarawak as Bumiputeras. Perhaps one fine day, one exceptional "bo liao" Orang Asli with her mentality announce to the world that they lay claim to Malaysia and build a village between the twin towers in KL. Now that'll be interesting.

I think the malaysia minister got nothing better to do.Singapore minster are cracking their brains for the economy.To save workers from being retrench.They've no time for all this rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    I think the malaysia minister got nothing better to do.Singapore minster are cracking their brains for the economy.To save workers from being retrench.They've no time for all this rubbish.
    true. they have abundant of nature resources like oil, palm oil, etc. even if the economic market crash, they won't starve but we will.

God gave them those good stuff, so they can idle. God give us nothing, so that we will work hard for a living

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    If you want to know you have to find it out yourself.

shorty will find out and inform everybodies here

Quote Originally Posted by kruger View Post
    KUALA LUMPUR - MALAYSIA is starting a food fight.

'Chilli crab is Malaysian. Hainanese chicken rice is Malaysian.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_431428.html.
    Sekali one day she say Hainan Island is a small island in Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by shaoken View Post
    They also want to claim Bak Kut Teh..
    Good joke when they are a muslim country.
    claiming of food originality and heritage has got nothing to do with the country's religious point of view. if bak kut teh is first created in malaysia and is being consumed by the chinese there as a common dish, then the claim is valid as a heritage food (for example).

the same can be said of singapore. she, being a non-muslim country, can she lay claim to mee rebus (for example)? can right if it is first created here and consumed as a common dish by the muslims here.

one thing i gotta hand it over to malaysia... stop generating trivial issues and focus on bigger and more relevant issues on hand... like how to promote equal rights and racial harmony. being a malaysian myself... i'm so embarrassed by what i read in the papers over the claiming of food originality.

please lah... the rakyat don't pay the ministers' salary for thrash being discussed in parliament.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    true. they have abundant of nature resources like oil, palm oil, etc. even if the economic market crash, they won't starve but we will.

God gave them those good stuff, so they can idle. God give us nothing, so that we will work hard for a living

Thats True.They got so many nature resource such as oil,water and etc and yet they never make use of it and they do all this rubbish to their own country.what a joke of the year 2009.Make their own country like a fool and a idiot in their own country.Some more a country leader.What a joke.MM Lee Is laughing at his own house with his son PM Lee and his family.

it could be that the ministers are under-paid and not world class.

Cannot be under paid.It should be under table.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast