Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5D or 50D?

Blog Entries

Default Re: 5D or 50D?

Quote Originally Posted by theshooter View Post
    I'm sorry guys. I already googled, read the reviews from dp, made comparisons, but those are just paper statistics. Most of which are very technical, like one uses Digic IV processor but one doesn't but i don't know how exactly that will affect IQ.

What i wanted to know was how much a difference would the image quality be affected, the colours and the composition etc. And i thought the higher the megapixels, the better the image quality? Correct me if i'm wrong, and if you're offended by me asking noob questions, my apologies.

ZerocoolAstra: You are not obliged to reply to this post. If you feel annoyed by the questions asked by noobs, why bother replying and show the ugly side of yourself? Obviously if someone asks a question, homework is already done (googling etc) but still don't understand the difference because we don't have first hand practical hands on. Hope you understand. I'm asking because i want to upgrade from a 50D to a 5D and i did my homework, googled, wikied, read reviews and everything i could do, but i just needed advice from people who has experience in using the camera to give their feedback.

johngiam: Thanks for the explanation. But since the megapixels on 50D is higher, why will the 5D's file still be bigger?

chalib: Thank you!
    Erm, the best way to get around the "paper statistics", is to look at the sample pictures from the camera. A good place to find those pictures is dpreview. But you already know that, because you've done your homework and read the reviews.

Seriously speaking, you should just get the 5Dmk2. If you even think about it, it means you are not satisfied with what you have now (the 50D).

And please do not get annoyed by the other posters here. You only have yourself to blame, by not being specific, and not providing some background info that would help others help you. Look, it took you till post 11 in this thread for you to list what camera you have and how you use your camera and what subjects you usually shoot. We can't read your mind dude.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 18th September 2009 at 07:39 PM.

Default Re: 5D or 50D?

Quote Originally Posted by theshooter View Post
    What i wanted to know was how much a difference would the image quality be affected, the colours and the composition etc. And i thought the higher the megapixels, the better the image quality? Correct me if i'm wrong, and if you're offended by me asking noob questions, my apologies.
    Image quality has many factors and the sensor is only one side of the equation. One mayor advantage of full frame sensors is the better (lower) noise level. It's directly related to pixel density, you can do your maths with the numbers you get in the reviews. The higher the pixel density the higher the noise level at the same ISO settings. Software noise reduction can only help to a certain level. Colours are expected to be neutral, the rest is up to you and your post processing. Composition is entirely your topic as photographer, can't see how a camera contributes here.
    johngiam: Thanks for the explanation. But since the megapixels on 50D is higher, why will the 5D's file still be bigger?
    You didn't state that you consider 5D, most people here will have 5D MkII in mind. The 21MP of the 5D2 will create bigger files.
    EOS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12