Thread: Resizing to 800x600 ??

Question Resizing to 800x600 ??

Hi there! Have just found Canon's monthly competition online, but submission requires 800x600 jpg. Using PS Elements I can resize, but when I enter 800 as width, the height goes to 533. If I force to be 800x600, it becomes distorted.

Can anyone please help me !?

Thanks in advance...

Default Re: Resizing to 800x600 ??

Quote Originally Posted by raigan View Post
    Hi there! Have just found Canon's monthly competition online, but submission requires 800x600 jpg. Using PS Elements I can resize, but when I enter 800 as width, the height goes to 533. If I force to be 800x600, it becomes distorted.

Can anyone please help me !?

Thanks in advance...
    You need to crop to 4:3 ratio using the rectangular marquee tool first before you resize. Your pic is currently at 3:2 ratio.

Default Re: Resizing to 800x600 ??

Quote Originally Posted by UandMe View Post
    You need to crop to 4:3 ratio using the rectangular marquee tool first before you resize. Your pic is currently at 3:2 ratio.
    Agree. To help with your cropping, you can set the crop dimensions to 800px and 600px first, then drag out the crop tool to see where is a more suitable place to discard.

I use Photoshop though, not Elements... not sure if they have it there, but I believe they should have it too. Cropping is elementary.
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...