Thread: Formula One Photography Competition (by Asian Photography Mag): Colours of the Race

Default Formula One Photography Competition (by Asian Photography Mag): Colours of the Race

Note: This competition is different from the "Spirits of the Race Photo Competition" by Clubsnap.

Singapore's Formula 1 is back!

Asian Photography (http://asianphotographyasean.com/) is calling in entries from all photographers to be a part of this photo competition (Colours of the Race) co-organized by Seagate & Asian Photography Magazine.

Winning entries will be featured in Asian Photography and receive the following prizes:

1. (One Winner) Seagate FreeAgent Theatre (A complete home theater solution that provides an easy way to play your favourate videos, movies and photos on your TV) with 500GB FreeAgent GoDrive with Dock & Case

2. (Three Runner ups) Seagate 320GB FreeAgent GoDrive with Dock & Case

For competition terms and conditions, please log on to www.asianphotographyasean.com / http://asianphotographyasean.com/pdf...f-the-race.pdf or grab a copy of Asian Photography Magazine soon.

Deadline for entries : 3rd October 2009
    Announcement of Winner : Asian Photography October 2009
    Rush your entries to : asianphotography.contest@gmail.com
    Last edited by sameenkhan; 18th September 2009 at 02:53 PM.

Default Re: Formula One Photography Competition (by Asian Photography Mag): Colours of the Ra

Don't forget to check out #14 of the Terms and Conditions..

Default Re: Formula One Photography Competition (by Asian Photography Mag): Colours of the Ra

Note: This competition is different from the "Spirits of the Race Photo Competition" by Clubsnap.

Asian Photography (http://asianphotographyasean.com/) is calling in entries from all photographers to be a part of this photo competition (Colours of the Race) co-organized by Seagate & Asian Photography Magazine.

Winning entries will be featured in Asian Photography and receive the following prizes:

1. (One Winner) Seagate FreeAgent Theatre (A complete home theater solution that provides an easy way to play your favourate videos, movies and photos on your TV) with 500GB FreeAgent GoDrive with Dock & Case

For competition terms and conditions, please log on to www.asianphotographyasean.com / http://asianphotographyasean.com/pdf...f-the-race.pdf or grab a copy of Asian Photography Magazine soon.

Last edited by sameenkhan; 18th September 2009 at 02:53 PM.

How does this fit in with FIA's regulations on the use of F1 photographs? Just curious.

"14. All entries submitted for the Contest, including all photographs and images submitted, will be the sole property of the Promoters, and will not be returned. The Promoters accepts no responsibility for late, lost, garbled or misdirected entries."

This is just a simple statement saying that the entries which ever are received by the promoters, irrespective of any form i.e. print, softcopy, etc, will not be returned and this is what happens usually in all competitions that you do not receive the copies back once submitted. It doesn't say anything related to keeping the copyrights of the images, which the photographers will still own.

As for this competition, you have to anyway send a softcopy which cannot be returned in any form. You will still be keeping the same copy with yourself as well.

Hope it is clear!

We look forward to your participation!

Keep doing photography

"14. All entries submitted for the Contest, including all photographs and images submitted, will be the sole property of the Promoters, and will not be returned. The Promoters accepts no responsibility for late, lost, garbled or misdirected entries."

This is just a simple statement saying that the entries which ever are received by the promoters, irrespective of any form i.e. print, softcopy, etc, will not be returned and this is what happens usually in all competitions that you do not receive the copies back once submitted. It doesn't say anything related to keeping the copyrights of the images, which the photographers will still own.

As for this competition, you have to anyway send a softcopy which cannot be returned in any form. You will still be keeping the same copy with yourself as well.

Hope it is clear!

We look forward to your participation!

Keep doing photography

Default Formula One Photography Competition (by Asian Photography Mag): Colours of the Ra

Singapore's Formula 1 is back! (HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE F1 GRAND PRIX) HURRY UP!!! SEND IN YOUR ENTRIES NOW....

I dont understand why there are some repeated posts of the same/ similar content above.

I have taken some pretty decent pictures at the F1 but (please correct my understanding if I am wrong) as far as I know all pics taken at the event are the property of the FIA / organisers and the pics can be used for personal/ non-commercial purposes only.

As such, I dont think no one has the "right" over their pics and I dont understand how the promoters of this competition can take the rights of the photographs taken.

Somebody, please clarify. Thanks.

Check this esp. the clauses under Section 6:
    http://tickets.singaporegp.sg/tnc_sistic.html
    Last edited by thephotontrapper; 2nd October 2009 at 06:17 PM.
    5DMkII+BGE6|24-105L|100-400L|100/2.8LMacro|50/1.8II|580EXII

...any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by surajpshetty View Post
    I dont understand why there are some repeated posts of the same/ similar content above.

I have taken some pretty decent pictures at the F1 but (please correct my understanding if I am wrong) as far as I know all pics taken at the event are the property of the FIA / organisers and the pics can be used for personal/ non-commercial purposes only.

As such, I dont think no one has the "right" over their pics and I dont understand how the promoters of this competition can take the rights of the photographs taken.

Somebody, please clarify. Thanks.

Check this esp. the clauses under Section 6:
    http://tickets.singaporegp.sg/tnc_sistic.html
    5DMkII+BGE6|24-105L|100-400L|100/2.8LMacro|50/1.8II|580EXII

Congrads to the winners. Not only do they have their pictures published, their NRIC, HP No, email address, residential address are also being make public.

I so glad that I didn't take part in this contest.

And who those who had taken part but not selected, u're all so lucky!

wow...where were those made public?
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

Quote Originally Posted by ricleo View Post
    wow...where were those made public?
    next to their winning pics in the magazine....

shady magazine.. when i saw their website and their HQ location, i hesistated.

I was going to make fun of "colours of the race" but errr....nvm