Thread: Photoshop

Default Photoshop

Hi pro,

Dont know if this is the forum to check up on Photoshop.

Well,
    I would like to check if its possible to merge 2 photos
    1) night scenery. tripod. exposure focus on a lamp post. = lamp post exposure is perfect, all surrounding dark.
    2) same frame. night scenery. tripod. exposure focus on dark surrounding. = surrounding is nice and bright, lamp post over expose.

How can i photoshop to merge both together and achieve a well expose surrounding + lamp post? maybe you can guide me to the right key word to google. (had tried searching overlay and merge etc. can seems to get what i wanted)

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Photoshop

Quote Originally Posted by magic1980 View Post
    Hi pro,

Well,
    1) night scenery. tripod. exposure focus on a lamp post. = lamp post exposure is perfect, all surrounding dark.
    2) same frame. night scenery. tripod. exposure focus on dark surrounding. = surrounding is nice and bright, lamp post over expose.

How can i photoshop to merge both together and achieve a well expose surrounding + lamp post? maybe you can guide me to the right key word to google. (had tried searching overlay and merge etc. can seems to get what i wanted)

Thanks in advance
    Hi, magic1980.
    Maybe what you are looking for is HDR (High Dynamic Range).
    I am no expert in this. But certainly Photoshop CS4 can allow you to merge. Just open these two photos in Bridge CS4 and select them. Then go to Tools->Photoshop->Merge to HDR. Then it will open up in Photoshop CS4 as a merged HDR photo. Of course you got to do lots of tweaking before they look ok. Again, I must emphasize that I am no expert. But I guess this should help start you going.
    Do a search on the keyword HDR in Clubsnap. You'll find lots of information.

P.S. Maybe this thread should be better placed in Digital Darkroom instead of Newbie section.
    Last edited by limwhow; 16th September 2009 at 09:03 PM.

Try HDR.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by magic1980 View Post
    Hi pro,

Well,

Thanks in advance
    On the top menu bar in Photoshop, Click on Help>Photoshop Help. In the Search box, enter HDR. Hit Enter. Wala! works like magic everytime.

Or, google HDR
    Case closed.

Blog Entries

limwhow and eedwinn , you guys are very fast!

some simply layer mask will do, faster and controllable results, for photoshop tutorial, just check out from Youtube, key word: "layer mask"
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    limwhow and eedwinn , you guys are very fast!
    Lolxxx... quick draw McGraw is the name!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    some simply layer mask will do, faster and controllable results, for photoshop tutorial, just check out from Youtube, key word: "layer mask"
    Actually, yah hor... sometimes we think too complicated already. Simple simple things make into so complicated. Haha... thanks for pointing this out.

Blog Entries

Ya loh.

HDR fad came too fast too strong. All of us see so much science fiction HDR till blur already.

thanks all. But its definitely not hdr. Tried even before I post this thread. I will research on mask. Thanks

Appreciated.