Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is art photography?

Default Re: What is art photography?

i don't really go with the 'art photography' term. the word: photography been used too loosely and too often.

the only part that really got me thinking are the messages they are trying to reach out, the inner thoughts/expression of the artist themselves when their works are presented in image form.

as bahibo state, "Photography is just a medium, camera is just a tool ,technique is how well you use the tool. it's a form of visual art." or maybe so is the term, visual arts..

Quote Originally Posted by Drckz View Post
    What is art to you guys? what is photography to you? is it just commercial photography? or? and why do people hate clubsnap photographers?
    1. it is expression with direction.

2. i don't have an answer, but kafka said it best when he said that "we photograph to drive things out of our minds."

3. as to why people hate cs photographers, i don't think they hate the people who behave. it is just the people who don't that cause this hate or bad impression.

anyways, too many people like to say that "one should not comment on this or that because it is art and artistic license blah blah blah"

that is nonsense, art is nothing without opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    anyways, too many people like to say that "one should not comment on this or that because it is art and artistic license blah blah blah"

that is nonsense, art is nothing without opinions.
    a sign of shallow mindless.

Smile Re: What is art photography?

Art comes with a huge price.... that price to me is passion..

whatever you do passionately, (whether or not someone likes it or otherwise) can be considered your own piece of individual expression.. (some call that art)

how to tell if a photographer is passionate about making his works art? then give him a billion dollars and see if he still continues to shoot what he always wanted to shoot..

not to be confused with people who use a skill to survive and for profitability... that's business... and while practicality made us sell works for money ... the true ART'ist rather have recognision more than dollars and cents...

very difficult in modern times... but those that do have recognision.. will usually induce oppurtunities to live off their passion...

what the hell did i just say....

Ejun
    EJUNLOW.com . Like my work on FACEBOOK

'Art is an expression of imagination, it is not the duplication of reality.' - Henry Moore

Quote Originally Posted by redwine View Post
    'Art is an expression of imagination, it is not the duplication of reality.' - Henry Moore
    This is the most critical answer to the TS question. You have approached the question based on the theme rather than going into categorisation of subforms and technical deliberations.

Well done!
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12