Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anyone heard of Vitacon UV Filter ? : (

Default Re: Anyone heard of Vitacon UV Filter ? : (

Question, from what I have read on replies, are you saying the company Vitacon (or the company that manufactures the product) is faking the Made in Japan label?

Quote Originally Posted by spheredome View Post
    Question, from what I have read on replies, are you saying the company Vitacon (or the company that manufactures the product) is faking the Made in Japan label?
    Made in Japan does not mean high quality. If it's some young punk kid in his garage in Japan grinding glass and assembling horrible lenses, it's still "Made in Japan".
    Alpha

I was almost smoked by AP last week while looking for a filter.. I was looking for Hoya Pro 1 D and this sales recommended me a slightly more ex (few dollar more) Vitacon MRC with label on the packaging stating 99% light transmission.. Was quite tempted at the 99% light transmission.. he took out the filter and i compare with the Pro 1 D on a piece of paper.. totally no fight the pro 1D is like there is no glass on it.. the vitacon got a kind of reddish tint and can see the black wordings on the paper turn greyish.... got the cheaper Hoya and left the shop happy

I've been using the vitacon 99% light transmission for months now.. i'm loving it as compared to Hoya.. well.. it hasn't affect my image quality in any bad way.. and it gives that lights flare and pattern that i love to have when shooting for concerts. it's cheaper than hoya..
    It's Never about the Camera, It's YOU that matters!

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Made in Japan does not mean high quality. If it's some young punk kid in his garage in Japan grinding glass and assembling horrible lenses, it's still "Made in Japan".
    I heard that you could have a "Made In Japan" seal re-engraved on your lens just by paying their respective service centre locally in Japan a small fee to reassemble it for you or something to that extent.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Vitcon is for free
    Vitcon is for you and me.
    It makes for gracious living and photography
    Giving a friendly smile
    Helping out where it can
    Trying hard to be look-quality all the time

seriously its not that bad. i got one on my 18-270 lens...never gave me weird flares or such...
    my crappy tokina filter (10bucks) give me crap flares for my 12-24 though.
    best of course is still B+W!.

but i never bought any filter...all come with lens as freebie, with the exception of ND110.
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

I got one Fujiyama filter, FOC when I bought a lens from a fellow CSer.

I went on to buy a Hoya HMC to replace it. That FOC filter is now left in the drycab. One day, if I were to sell the lens, I will put it on again.

Fujiyama is a very Japanese name.
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345