Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Glenlivet's "The Perfect Shot" Photo Competition - Highest Cash Awards!

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Glenlivet's "The Perfect Shot" Photo Competition - Highest Cash Awards!

.... and Julian....... you've been here at CS for quite a number of years...... and always one of the nicer guys too .....still u should have been aware that here in CS....the very first thing that many will zoom in on are rules pertaining to image rights ......

Stay cool and take them as enthusiastic feedback

Are u able to discuss with Pernod and partners on the kind of feedback you're getting from the guys regarding image rights ?
    Last edited by ed9119; 16th September 2009 at 03:20 PM.

Default Re: The Glenlivet's "The Perfect Shot" Photo Competition - Highest Cash Awards!

Hi Julian

I am writing this with nothing against you but I thought this should be brought to the attention on the recent happenings in local competition. BTW, I am not taking part in this competition as I could not bring myself to support it.

I have taken part in BBC wildlife competition which I paid for USD60. I can understand why they need to charge that fee as it is a worldwide prestigious competition and they need to manage more then 30,000 photos to screen down to the winners. There were no such clause as to infringe into the copyrights of the photographers. Even though I got into the semi final, I still keep my rights and they have no clause to state they could use my photos freely.

Look at another up coming International Competition organized by Sony.

http://www.worldphotographyawards.org/pro_prizes.aspx

The first prize is USD25,000 and no such clause or charges for all entrant.

In the first place, such charges should not have been present in local competition as the scale is not big enough to warrant it. The organizer who wants to promote their products should not have utilized such approach as to making the entrant pay for their promotion. I will not support such unhealthy move by the organizers which will set precedent for future photo competition if the potential organizer see money making opportunity if the response is good.

Cool Re: The Glenlivet's "The Perfect Shot" Photo Competition - Highest Cash Awards!

$98 not cheap ...... can reveal exactly what is in the goody bag?

is the theme "the perfect shot"? why need to go for briefing for another theme?
    does that explain why there is a main & special category?

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    .... and Julian....... you've been here at CS for quite a number of years...... and always one of the nicer guys too .....still u should have been aware that here in CS....the very first thing that many will zoom in on are rules pertaining to image rights ......

Stay cool and take them as enthusiastic feedback

Are u able to discuss with Pernod and partners on the kind of feedback you're getting from the guys regarding image rights ?
    Hi,

Of course I will No worries, the forum is a free place to express your views and I totally look at these as enthusiastic feedback. Being a pro myself, I do know what's at stake and how much copyright issues meant to us as photographers. Anyway having said this, I leave it open to all if you would like to take part...shall not comment on this further.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12