Thread: Help! I need images of Singapore

kamikakushi_sg
    Guests

Default Help! I need images of Singapore

Hi all,

I didn't really do a search so I'm sorry if the same topic has been posted before.

I'm in Tokyo now and I would like to show a group of foreigners what Singapore looks like. I have went to MITA's website but found the pictures, although okay for my purpose, quite small, as I intend to show them on my laptop in a slideshow format.

Thus, I'll really appreciate it if anyone can send me (assuming he or she have the pictures) at least 800 x 600 jpgs of postcard-style Singapore sights, especially the Esplanade with the new Merlion. Alternatively, if a URL can be provided, it'll be great too.

Pls contact me through any of my contact options. TIA.

kamikakushi_sg

Blog Entries

Issues of copyright and ownership notwithstanding, it is highly unlikely that members will send you their images sight unseen and not knowing who you are in real life (especially since you just registered today, and this is your first post).

Why not try another alternative - there are tons of images of Singapore buried within the galleries in ClubSNAP - you could select a few choice threads and take them through the images here.

kamikakushi_sg
    Guests

Hi Darren,

I understand where you are coming from, but my intention was simple: showing a group of foreigners what Singapore looks like in a short presentation. I'll delete the files once this is done. I don't intend to sell or do something else to the pictures.

Hope that I have addressed your (and others', if any) concerns.

http://www.pbase.com/jpow2
    feel free to use some shots i took...
    not sure if its what u want, but check it out...

You posted in the wrong forum tho.

kamikakushi_sg
    Guests

Hi,

Er... in this case where should I post it? Do you mind moving my thread to the correct forum then?

[Moderator's note]:

Thread moved to appropriate forum. Good luck on your search.

Quote Originally Posted by kamikakushi_sg
    Hi,

Er... in this case where should I post it? Do you mind moving my thread to the correct forum then?
    Tell me wat you want I can take it for you ........

I had some photographs, but might not suit you .......

http://ytphoto.clubsnap.org/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by sprockett
    http://www.pbase.com/jpow2
    feel free to use some shots i took...
    not sure if its what u want, but check it out...

I must say your photos are really good. and very sharp.
    Canon 40D 17-55mm/f2.8 IS, 50mm/f1.8, 70-200mm/f4 IS

kamikakushi_sg
    Guests

Hi sprockett & blurblock

To sprockett: I have downloaded FinalMorningEsplanade089_filtered.jpg from your website.

To blurblock: I have downloaded a picture of the swamp (is it Sungei Buloh Nature Reserve?) and 2 pictures of Kong Meng San Phor Kark See temple. urban is right - they are very sharp

Thanks for the URLs. I really appreciate that.

Hi sprockett & blurblock

To sprockett: I have downloaded FinalMorningEsplanade089_filtered.jpg from your website.

To blurblock: I have downloaded a picture of the swamp (is it Sungei Buloh Nature Reserve?) and 2 pictures of Kong Meng San Phor Kark See temple. urban is right - they are very sharp

Thanks for the URLs. I really appreciate that.
    Not Sungei Buloh, It is an uncharted place between Tampines and Bedok, near Ave 10 .... accidentially walk into it .

Sprockett's image is sharp, mine is a bit blur as I blur it abit, the orignal pic is too sharp until it looks fake .

Hi all,

I didn't really do a search so I'm sorry if the same topic has been posted before.

I'm in Tokyo now and I would like to show a group of foreigners what Singapore looks like. I have went to MITA's website but found the pictures, although okay for my purpose, quite small, as I intend to show them on my laptop in a slideshow format.

Thus, I'll really appreciate it if anyone can send me (assuming he or she have the pictures) at least 800 x 600 jpgs of postcard-style Singapore sights, especially the Esplanade with the new Merlion. Alternatively, if a URL can be provided, it'll be great too.

kamikakushi_sg
    I suppose your friends might be Japanese?

http://www.visitsingapore.com/

There are various languages, English, Chinese, Japanese, Koeran...etc
    Useful information plus some images

(Official Singapore Tourism Board website)

You can have a look at my pixs at http://www.jsphilatelics.com Go to the Photography Section .

Hi all,

kamikakushi_sg

Hi all,

kamikakushi_sg
    Hi kamikakushi_sg, I have some pics of the merlion at her new home. U might want to take a look though they are not very well taken. Please note that only the first 6 pics are belong to me and that the rest are taken from somewhere else.

Merlion pics

Hope this helps!

kamikakushi_sg
    Guests

Talking Replies

Hi Winston, jamesong, ccplim,

To Winston: They are actually Chinese, Taiwanese, Koreans, & 2 Malaysians (no need to introduce Singapore to the latter ). I did go to http://www.visitsingapore.com/ but the pictures, although suitable, were too small. Thus, I decided to appeal for help here.

To jamesong: I downloaded ChijmesLR.jpg from "Twilight in Singapore". Thanks.

To ccplim: I downloaded CP-Merlion04.jpg. Thanks.

I'm now looking for pictures which depict the racial diversity of Singapore e.g. pictures of all races together (a bit like National Education ), places of worship, Little India, Geyland Serai, etc. Of course, other postcard-style pictures are very welcomed!