Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 106

Thread: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

  1. #61

    Default Re: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

    Just let him continue to live in his "D5000-Is-The-Best" world.
    No matter what you say, he will have ways to twist and turn.
    He's already has a biased mindset over D5000.
    And clearly see it in how he compare the prices.
    Last edited by .Hack; 17th September 2009 at 09:04 AM.

  2. #62

    Default Re: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

    Internal Conflict..haha
    Dezmund Soh
    S5Pro/D90/Nik50/Tam17-50/Tam90MACRO/Tok12-24/Tok10.5-17FE/EX1/Sig50-150

  3. #63

    Default Re: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

    Personally, I may choose a D90 or D5000 as my backup camera to my S5Pro (very heavy)...

    If i decide on D5000 means I still miss my D40x days...haha...
    Dezmund Soh
    S5Pro/D90/Nik50/Tam17-50/Tam90MACRO/Tok12-24/Tok10.5-17FE/EX1/Sig50-150

  4. #64

    Default Re: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezmund Soh View Post
    Internal Conflict..haha
    Not internal conflict.
    It's just that the TS is giving baised comparison between D5000 and D90.
    If you follow throughout the entire threads, you can see where the TS is coming from.
    If some newbies come in and see, "Wah, D5000 so good ah, better go and buy now.", without doing any more research then how?

  5. #65
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

    Quote Originally Posted by simmeow View Post
    Come on.... Who cares if D5000 or D90 is better? You still can't take any good photo if you are a lousy shot...... Or you forgot to take off the lens cap..... ROFL
    Like I say all the time:

    Cameras don't take pictures, photographers do.

  6. #66
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezmund Soh View Post
    Personally, I may choose a D90 or D5000 as my backup camera to my S5Pro (very heavy)...

    If i decide on D5000 means I still miss my D40x days...haha...
    Heavy but S5pro is in a class of its own. Super CCD man! And it is nowhere close to being as heavy as my S2pro. LOL.

  7. #67

    Default Re: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    He is probably one of those ignorant people who choose to buy a camera during COMEX. Can't blame him. He probably do not even know the D90 can also be bought with the 18-55 VR lens and that D5000 can also be bought body only.

    From the Nikon price guide:
    Nikon D5000 Body Only
    $1,050 (OP, May09 - surefire)
    wow now the real bashing bashing begins..it even got personal calling me ignorant..so you're saying all those who buy at COMEX are ignorant? watch your mouth pal..and oh by the way, I didn't buy at the comex..didn't i say "usually"?try buying it in challenger,best or harvey norman if they sell you the body only..

  8. #68

    Default Re: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

    Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    Not internal conflict.
    It's just that the TS is giving baised comparison between D5000 and D90.
    If you follow throughout the entire threads, you can see where the TS is coming from.
    If some newbies come in and see, "Wah, D5000 so good ah, better go and buy now.", without doing any more research then how?
    c'mon man, i already amended my top 10, my initial top 10 was a bit aggressive, so sorry for that..yah actually this is intended for newbies who does not have the time and don't want to go into detailed research already..anyway this thread is loaded with arguments presented with both sides, so it's nice so they can see..if you have qualms, pls point out which number is flawed so I can change it, as you can see I've already amended it and i've even put a disclaimer that this is an opinion from a noob's perspective..

  9. #69

    Default Re: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    If you are interested, should drop by at OP to check it out. It looks really cool with the color LCD with orientation sensor. They sell it at $400, cheaper than the online sites and MO. Plus OP lets you try out everything with no pressure to buy. If you can wait, the Di622 will also be upgraded to be compatible with Nikon CLS wireless TTL. It will be able to set as a slave like a SB600. The new firmware is announced to be released in Oct-Nov timeframe. Plus the 622 is quite cheap, much cheaper than a SB600.

    Am I infecting you yet? LOL
    I thought the Di622 is based on line of sight? I didn't really research on it. The online MO for the Di866 is not really that bad if you consider the batteries that comes free. The retail for the 4 batteries is $20. The effective price would therefore be $390.

    But, I would rather got the OP and buy. At least I can test it out before commiting. So bro, you wanna join me in getting one?

    BTW, I got my D90 from OP as well. Their service cannot compare to J316, but it's worth going to them.
    I have expensive camera and big lenses but don't know how to use..... Sound familar???

  10. #70

    Default Re: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

    Quote Originally Posted by simmeow View Post
    I thought the Di622 is based on line of sight? I didn't really research on it. The online MO for the Di866 is not really that bad if you consider the batteries that comes free. The retail for the 4 batteries is $20. The effective price would therefore be $390.

    But, I would rather got the OP and buy. At least I can test it out before commiting. So bro, you wanna join me in getting one?

    BTW, I got my D90 from OP as well. Their service cannot compare to J316, but it's worth going to them.
    I'm thinking of getting the Di866 as well.
    You think OP will give discount if we buy together?

  11. #71

    Default Re: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

    Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    I'm thinking of getting the Di866 as well.
    You think OP will give discount if we buy together?
    Can try, but need cash. If you pay by NETS, sure no discount. I dunno if it would be an overkill to own the flash now. I just started on the CLS.... I noticed that D90 can only support 2 groups of flash instead of SB900 of 4.

    Erm... are we robbing this thread from the TS? Should we start one to discuss about it?

    Time to stop the bashing. If really wanna bash, use the TS D5000 and wack the D90.... see which one still works after that. This is the only way to see which camera is better.

    Don't use mine.... I love it.... Any volunteer?
    I have expensive camera and big lenses but don't know how to use..... Sound familar???

  12. #72

    Default Re: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

    Quote Originally Posted by simmeow View Post
    Time to stop the bashing. If really wanna bash, use the TS D5000 and wack the D90.... see which one still works after that. This is the only way to see which camera is better.
    haha nice!!

  13. #73
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

    Quote Originally Posted by gimumancer View Post
    wow now the real bashing bashing begins..it even got personal calling me ignorant..so you're saying all those who buy at COMEX are ignorant? watch your mouth pal..and oh by the way, I didn't buy at the comex..didn't i say "usually"?try buying it in challenger,best or harvey norman if they sell you the body only..
    Yes. I say ignorant. Not stupid. Read the dictionary, see what ignorant means. I am an ignorant person too, in some areas. For example, I am an ignorant person in the surgical medical field.

    So, you didn't buy at COMEX, and yet you used COMEX pricing in your comparison. WHY?? And why do anyone have to buy a camera at Best, Challenger and HN?
    Last edited by daredevil123; 17th September 2009 at 11:03 AM.

  14. #74
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

    Quote Originally Posted by simmeow View Post
    I thought the Di622 is based on line of sight? I didn't really research on it. The online MO for the Di866 is not really that bad if you consider the batteries that comes free. The retail for the 4 batteries is $20. The effective price would therefore be $390.

    But, I would rather got the OP and buy. At least I can test it out before commiting. So bro, you wanna join me in getting one?

    BTW, I got my D90 from OP as well. Their service cannot compare to J316, but it's worth going to them.
    I have to wait first bro. Sorry. Need to clear with CFO at home first, and that takes time.

    Yes I got D90 from OP as well! Actually I like the service at OP more than John. John I have to wait a long time just to ask a question. And sometimes, some of the sales people are quite biased and they try to move you to one direction, even though I am set in what I want to buy. OP people do not get in your way when you are browsing. Only until you want something, they will answer your question. And you get to try everything out and they will never pressure you to buy. Maybe I am just too used to the China style of service, having lived in China for 5 years.

    Most Nikon CLS wireless is also pretty much line-of-sight, since they use IR to send signals. The only way to get away from line of sight is to use a system like radiopoppers. To give some credit, IR do bounce off walls better.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 17th September 2009 at 11:05 AM.

  15. #75

    Default Re: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Yes. I say ignorant. Not stupid. Read the dictionary, see what ignorant means. I am an ignorant person too, in some areas.

    For example, I am an ignorant person in the surgical medical field.
    hey man chill out..now you're saying the 's' word and you want me to read the dictionary..i thought the bashing was over, why are you so affected? I already amended my top ten and put a disclaimer because of your inputs, and i'm very open to criticism coz im just a noob..if you have other inputs, just tell me so I can amend it further..i already amended #5 and mention it is setup based..cheers mate..

  16. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Seletar Estate, Singapore
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

    This is an interesting thread. Learn so much from it.

    I am a newbie. I bought a D40 two months ago.

    D5000 and D90 were not in my list. I wanted a simple entry level DSLR to start taking pictures and found D40 meeting my needs after reading some reviews.

    Two months passed, what would be very helpful to me?

    Many but these two are what I like to have -

    1. Two more buttons and one more dial
    2. A top LCD

    When a newbie shoots more pictures and begin to understand and appreciate the different camera settings for good shots, he will appreciate these two features.

  17. #77

    Default Re: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    So, you didn't buy at COMEX, and yet you used COMEX pricing in your comparison. WHY??
    why not? info is available online for all to see..i provided the link..COMEX is well known..ok so i'll put additional clause that it's based from COMEX price..what else?

  18. #78

    Default Re: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Yes. I say ignorant. Not stupid. Read the dictionary, see what ignorant means. I am an ignorant person too, in some areas. For example, I am an ignorant person in the surgical medical field.

    So, you didn't buy at COMEX, and yet you used COMEX pricing in your comparison. WHY?? And why do anyone have to buy a camera at Best, Challenger and HN?
    now you're steering away from the top 10 lol..to each his own man as you've said, maybe they offer 0% installment, they offer member rewards points, they are more stable, convenient, different sets of freebies etc..cmon man stop the bashing and let's focus on the top 10..

  19. #79
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

    Quote Originally Posted by gimumancer View Post
    hey man chill out..now you're saying the 's' word and you want me to read the dictionary..i thought the bashing was over, why are you so affected? I already amended my top ten and put a disclaimer because of your inputs, and i'm very open to criticism coz im just a noob..if you have other inputs, just tell me so I can amend it further..i already amended #5 and mention it is setup based..cheers mate..
    I am just replying to you. You asked me to watch my mouth. While I informed you that ignorant is not a dirty or bad word. I am not affected. Are you?

  20. #80

    Default Re: Top 10 reasons why you'll choose d5000 over d90

    Quote Originally Posted by LBL2009 View Post
    This is an interesting thread. Learn so much from it.

    I am a newbie. I bought a D40 two months ago.

    D5000 and D90 were not in my list. I wanted a simple entry level DSLR to start taking pictures and found D40 meeting my needs after reading some reviews.

    Two months passed, what would be very helpful to me?

    Many but these two are what I like to have -

    1. Two more buttons and one more dial
    2. A top LCD

    When a newbie shoots more pictures and begin to understand and appreciate the different camera settings for good shots, he will appreciate these two features.

    thank you..this is what im hoping for, newbies can easily relate to newbies alike..from what i observe, d40 users usually upgrade to d90 coz they feel limited by the simple controls and they want a top lcd..so the d5k is targeted more at first time users..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •