Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cool places to shoot in Singapore?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cool places to shoot in Singapore?

chinatown tomorrow evening if you have the energy left.... they having a big show and light up event there

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    chinatown tomorrow evening if you have the energy left.... they having a big show and light up event there
    You recommend it over the Malay festival?

Quote Originally Posted by cfibanez View Post
    I am coming tomorrow to Singapore and would be very grateful for suggestions about interesting places to go from a photography point of view. During a previous trip, I have already visited the National Orchid Gardens and the Zoo, both spectacular. Some cool trecking places would be ideal. Nature, wildlife, landscape are all interesting.

Thanks in advance!

I enjoyed Geylang
    Katong was also nice
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Today is the eve of Hari Raya. So Geylang will be very, very packed tonight.. You can head down there to catch some actions.. if you don't mind the human traffic..

One thing to note about Sungei Buloh: It's a nature walk in a mangrove and you may or may not be able to spot many birds there. Might wana look up the birding guides. Also, don't forget your mosquito repellent. You'll need it. Long pants where possible or you'd have measles at the legs =p It's not particularly scenic, but well...nature reserve. heh.

Thanks to all for the many suggestions. This is what I have done:

Saturday: Jurong Bird Park
    This was very nice, lots of birds and many good shooting opportunities. I got a bit of rain at some point, but I manage to balance the huge umbrella I got from the hotel on one shoulder while shooting at the same time. I was using my gripped 40D with the 70-200 2.8, a heavy beast on its own right. In the evening, I went to the Malay Village and shot my way through the crowd with my 24L prime. Very nice place to get the action of the hawkers frying and grilling non-stop!

Sunday: Sungei Buloh
    Got there early in the morning. Long pants, trekking shoes and insect repellent as instructed. This was great. There is nothing like seeing nature live in its own environment. Jurong was nice, but birds do not move very much there. At Sungei, they'd fly around and land on water splashing about, great time to use my 6.9 fps. I used a Kenko 1.4xTC attached to the 70-200 zoom. I saw someone with a huge 500L at the entrance bridge, truly an amazing beast! The area has also other interests landscape-wise, I enjoyed it very much. Highly recommended.

Monday: Palau Ubin
    Very different from Sungei Buloh, but also great. No much wildlife, appart from some lizards (they are much bigger at Sungei BTW) and some fish. I think it'd be much better during low tide, particularly Chek Jawa. Water is still pretty high there, even during low tide. I'm told it'll get lower in a couple of months. Chek Jawa is the jewel, but the western part is also great. I rented a bike and balanced my camera on the shoulder, carrying either my 24L or the 70-200 zoom (the latter was considerably more complicated, but doable!). Overal, very nice landscape views and truly amazing mangrove forests. There were lots of loud tourists, but the island is sufficiently large to dilute them. Definitely worth while, I'll be back!
    5D3 | 7D2 | 16-35 II | 24/1.4 II | 24-105 | 40/2.8 | 85/1.2 II |100/2.8 | 70-200/2.8 II | 100-400

u got to show us ur pics...

Quote Originally Posted by cfibanez View Post
    I am coming tomorrow to Singapore and would be very grateful for suggestions about interesting places to go from a photography point of view. During a previous trip, I have already visited the National Orchid Gardens and the Zoo, both spectacular. Some cool trecking places would be ideal. Nature, wildlife, landscape are all interesting.

Thanks in advance!

It'll be great if u have a motorbike, u can access a lot of ulu places illegally and see Spore from a perspective not seen frequently. Just becareful of the park rangers or URA rangers.
    Keep threatening us with fines...
    http://www.mettalifephotography.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    u got to show us ur pics...
    2nd that !!

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    2nd that !!
    3rd dat!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12