Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool places to shoot in Singapore?

Default Cool places to shoot in Singapore?

I am coming tomorrow to Singapore and would be very grateful for suggestions about interesting places to go from a photography point of view. During a previous trip, I have already visited the National Orchid Gardens and the Zoo, both spectacular. Some cool trecking places would be ideal. Nature, wildlife, landscape are all interesting.

Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cool places to shoot in Singapore?

grab a taxi or MRT/Bus combo to Sungei Buloh Wetland Nature Reserve ..... weekdays are gems.... the whole place is deserted for you and the wildlife

http://www.sbwr.org.sg/
    Last edited by ed9119; 15th September 2009 at 12:44 PM.

Thank you!!!!

Blog Entries

just surf around the website and you will find lots of info

remember to pick up and apply some insect repellent at Watsons, Guardians, 7-11 or any pharmacy

entry fee? a paltry S$1.... you cant beat that.... do take time to climb up the observation towers.... really nice views from high up there

there is a little cafe there that is very reasonably priced so no real need to bring drinks or food from town..... give them some business , they dont get many visitors on weekdays.
    Last edited by ed9119; 15th September 2009 at 10:36 PM.

If you want something more urbane after, you can take your cam down to chinatown, which is right next to the singapore river, which has a few more interesting shots. a little trite, but worth visiting nonetheless~

the central business district area (near the river and chinatown) can be accessed by North East Line (NEL purple line) trains, North-south line trains (red line) and East-west trains (green line). You can easily take a short 2 hours photography walk and get back into the MRT system easily anywhere around that area. food and drink are plentiful too

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post

just surf around the website and you will find lots of info

remember to pick up and apply some insect repellent at Watsons, Guardians, 7-11 or any pharmacy

entry fee? a paltry S$1.... you cant beat that.... do take time to climb up the observation towers.... really nice views from high up there

there is a little cafe there that is very reasonably priced so no real need to bring drinks or food from town..... give them some business , they dont get many visitors on weekdays.
    This sounds terrific! How long do you think I should devote to the Sungei Buloh Wetland Nature Reserve? One morning? Whole day?

Quote Originally Posted by cfibanez View Post
    This sounds terrific! How long do you think I should devote to the Sungei Buloh Wetland Nature Reserve? One morning? Whole day?

If you are into Macro or Wild Life.... one whole day is hardly enough

So, very much depends on what you are interested in shooting....

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    If you are into Macro or Wild Life.... one whole day is hardly enough

So, very much depends on what you are interested in shooting....
    Thanks. I didn't bring my macro on this trip. Wild life and some landscape is what I'd be interested this time. So, it look slike a whole day will be needed, right?

Blog Entries

well? how did it turn out yesterday ?

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...=169320&page=6

Welcome to Singapore and enjoy your stay here!!!... Places to take photos mentioned in above thread... Check out the latest post for the most updated places because that thread was started in 2006...

For Nature, Sungei Buloh, Pulau Ubin, MacRitchie and Bukit Timah Hill are pretty nice places...
    You can also go to the Southern Ridge walk, from Kent Ridge Park all the way to Mount Faber or the reverse direction... There are many things that can be photographed (Nature and Landscape) along this route...

http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index.p...d=62&Itemid=73

Quote Originally Posted by hongwen37 View Post
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...=169320&page=6

Welcome to Singapore and enjoy your stay here!!!... Places to take photos mentioned in above thread... Check out the latest post for the most updated places because that thread was started in 2006...

For Nature, Sungei Buloh, Pulau Ubin, MacRitchie and Bukit Timah Hill are pretty nice places...
    You can also go to the Southern Ridge walk, from Kent Ridge Park all the way to Mount Faber or the reverse direction... There are many things that can be photographed (Nature and Landscape) along this route...

http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index.p...d=62&Itemid=73
    Thank you! Do you think Juron Bird Park is worth while?

Thank you! Do you think Juron Bird Park is worth while?

If you like birds, definitely it's worthwhile... I havent been there for the longest time so i cant really comment...

Sungei Buloh also have the migratory birds... and the season (September to March) has started for them to migrate here once more...

Thanks so much guys, this response has been overwhelming!!!

I am planning on doing Palau Ubin and the Sungei Buloh reserve during Sunday and Monday. As I learnt that Monday will be a holiday here, I am wondering which day you would recommend for each place. Should I do Palau Ubin on Sunday? Too many people? Would Monday be better? What about Sungei Buloh?

Thanks again!!

Blog Entries

both Sundays and public holidays will be more crowded with recreational fishermen, mountain bikers and nature lovers on Pulau Ubin but still lots of breathing room

same same with Sungei Buloh except no mountain bikers.... more nature lovers, birders and nature photographers .....

Thanks so much guys, this response has been overwhelming!!!

I am planning on doing Palau Ubin and the Sungei Buloh reserve during Sunday and Monday. As I learnt that Monday will be a holiday here, I am wondering which day you would recommend for each place. Should I do Palau Ubin on Sunday? Too many people? Would Monday be better? What about Sungei Buloh?

Thanks again!!
    not much diff since it is a public holiday lor...so confirm got alot of ppl..

but hor, goin both places at consective days.....gonna test ur endurances sia...

Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    not much diff since it is a public holiday lor...so confirm got alot of ppl..

but hor, goin both places at consective days.....gonna test ur endurances sia...
    Fully prepared for it ... In fact, I'm planning on doing the Juron Bird Park tomorrow afternoon.

By the way, would Saturday be better for any of those places?
    Last edited by cfibanez; 18th September 2009 at 09:54 PM.

Fully prepared for it ... In fact, I'm planning on doing the Juron Bird Park tomorrow afternoon.

gonna be sibei siong for u lor....

anyway, be prepare for the bad weather hor...doesn't seem gd for the next few days and get those mozzie repellant ready!

anyway, be prepare for the bad weather hor...doesn't seem gd for the next few days and get those mozzie repellant ready!
    Second this. You definitely don't want to be caught out there in heavy rain. My friend's camera got drenched today by some taxi driver who drove into a huge puddle and absolutely drenched his 5D. The camera internals were a little wet with the CF card compartment having some water.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimePhotog View Post
    Second this. You definitely don't want to be caught out there in heavy rain. My friend's camera got drenched today by some taxi driver who drove into a huge puddle and absolutely drenched his 5D. The camera internals were a little wet with the CF card compartment having some water.
    Thanks but ... no choice. Will take a good umbrella.

Haha... tmr afternoon i should be going to bird park too... to test out my EP-1...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast