Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: My First DSLR

  1. #1

    Default My First DSLR

    Decided to try setting up some lightings for product shots experiement.
    Target: White background with some reflection on the surface.
    Subject: My First DSLR: Sony A100

    Simple Setup:
    - 1x flash to lite up white background hoping some bounce to lite up the A100 giving it a more depth.
    - 1x flash front at the left thru softbox.
    - Clear acrylic (with scratches...) with white paper below.

    Overall pretty happy with the result, although there are room for improvements such as overblown background as well as dark areas. Hope u all like it =)



    #1 Front


    #2


    #3 Trying some combination - A100 Trademark dual jogs (hate it and luv it)


    #4 Not wasting the setup... Yotsuba come into play


    #5 Final shot


    Last edited by darakusan; 14th September 2009 at 11:33 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: My First DSLR

    Interesting.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  3. #3

    Default Re: My First DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Interesting.
    Thanks!

  4. #4

    Default Re: My First DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by darakusan View Post


    #1 Front


    #2



    Nice shots, though I dun like the brownish reflection on the mount ring, thought it was rust when I first glanced at the pics. Believe u did not take it in a darkened room? I'm learning product shots too

  5. #5
    Member Shin Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North Eastern Region
    Posts
    1,060

    Default Re: My First DSLR

    Nice stuff, hehe specially with the small figuring.
    I'm looking at a different perpective of life.

  6. #6

    Default Re: My First DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by UandMe View Post
    Nice shots, though I dun like the brownish reflection on the mount ring, thought it was rust when I first glanced at the pics. Believe u did not take it in a darkened room? I'm learning product shots too
    haha yeah you are very right, i did not turn off the lights Yeah noticed the brown reflection too, it is from the table top, guess i have to do something to cover the brown as well next time for reflective objects. Thanks for the pointers!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shin Howard View Post
    Nice stuff, hehe specially with the small figuring.
    Glad you like them

  7. #7

    Default Re: My First DSLR

    haha the figurine is so cute! how did you stop your camera from reflecting in the shiny lens mount?

  8. #8

    Default Re: My First DSLR

    ahah nice pics.. =)

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    59

    Default Re: My First DSLR

    you got my two thumbs up men! nicey done... I like the lighting!
    Say Cheese!
    Canon 60D

  10. #10

    Default Re: My First DSLR

    #4 and #5 is interesting~

  11. #11

    Default Re: My First DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by aprilmoon92 View Post
    haha the figurine is so cute! how did you stop your camera from reflecting in the shiny lens mount?
    glad you like Yotsuba! hehe the key light flash was fired thru a softbox which diffused the light and that reduces reflection =)

    Quote Originally Posted by ionicbeam View Post
    ahah nice pics.. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonski09 View Post
    you got my two thumbs up men! nicey done... I like the lighting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yapster View Post
    #4 and #5 is interesting~
    Hey guys, really glad that you all like the lighting. Will be doing more experiments when i have the time =)

  12. #12
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: My First DSLR

    hey thats a nice try!

    I wanted to try an acrylic reflection some day too

    Like what u mentioned, the little bit of shadows at the front can do abit of lighting as well. I am sure ur next post will be much better!

    Ryan

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    206

    Default Re: My First DSLR

    side track a little, where did you get ur yotsuba from? i been looking for that vesion for a long time but i cant find it in singapore. evilbay is a little expensive for my liking. pls share.

    btw, nice shots too but can dull the reflection in ps?

  14. #14

    Default Re: My First DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    hey thats a nice try!

    I wanted to try an acrylic reflection some day too

    Like what u mentioned, the little bit of shadows at the front can do abit of lighting as well. I am sure ur next post will be much better!

    Ryan
    Thanks for the pointer bro, acrylic reflection can be fun but dust and scratches can be a pain in the ass

    Quote Originally Posted by sheiseha View Post
    side track a little, where did you get ur yotsuba from? i been looking for that vesion for a long time but i cant find it in singapore. evilbay is a little expensive for my liking. pls share.

    btw, nice shots too but can dull the reflection in ps?
    You mean the reflection is too bright?
    I bought my Yotsuba from ToyNtoys, but that's the last piece when i got from them. So i am not too sure where you can get it now. Don't think the shops re-stock as it has been around for quite some time already

  15. #15

    Default Re: My First DSLR

    Up for sony!! Woo!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •