Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX - 27 Sept 2009

Default Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX - 27 Sept 2009

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    porky is still there mah
    1/2 is better than nothing for you lo, Bro...

F1 latest:

Renault has been disqualified, and faced a 2-year suspension.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/9/9953.html

its a suspended suspension.

However, having regard to the points in mitigation mentioned above and in particular the steps taken by Renault F1 to identify and address the failings within its team and condemn the actions of the individuals involved, the WMSC has decided to suspend Renault F1’s disqualification until the end of the 2011 season. The World Motor Sport Council will only activate this disqualification if Renault F1 is found guilty of a comparable breach during that time.
    so what now? does it mean alonso can still compete for the driver's championship?
    Last edited by madmacs; 21st September 2009 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    its a suspended suspension.

so what now? does it mean alonso can still compete for the driver's championship?
    i think so ah.. i guess that they got a suspended sentence because the FIA is worried that Renault might pull out as 1 of the engine suppliers..
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

Suspended ban till end of 2011. Meaning if Renault commit offense of such seriousness they will be banned.

In other words, business as usual...

ya lor.. got ban like no ban lidat.
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

Guys, read carefully...

The World Motor Sport Council considers that offences of this severity merit permanent disqualification from the FIA Formula One World Championship. However, having regard to the points in mitigation mentioned above and in particular the steps taken by Renault F1 to identify and address the failings within its team and condemn the actions of the individuals involved, the WMSC has decided to suspend Renault F1s disqualification until the end of the 2011 season. The World Motor Sport Council will only activate this disqualification if Renault F1 is found guilty of a comparable breach during that time.

Renault will be suspended for 2 years(seasons) starting 2010, meaning they will continue the remaining races this year(season).

If Renault committed another comparable breach during suspension, they will be disqualified from F1 permenantly.

Carrect me if I'm wrong.

Ya, suspended penalty similar to that for McLiaren but more severe as it will be permanent disqualification for Renault.

U know what Alex Yoong said.... this is not first time it happens in F1 just that this is first time there is evidence ie Piquet squeal on Renault. The F1 sport is like that... everyone trying to get that advantage by cheating if possible as long as you are not caught.

As for Alonso, I will be v surprised if he does not know. Just that there is no evidence to implicate him. Another "cheater" like Lewis.

Ya any more such incidents and I will be turned off by this F1 series as it is not about sports but about how to cheat without being caught. Sigh.
    Last edited by kingpin; 21st September 2009 at 11:01 PM.

you know...i think piquet and his dad are fools. they should have just kept quiet and left things as they were. this scandal reflects badly on renault and f1, but it also puts piquet in a very bad light. so now renault gets a suspended sentence and though piquet may have got a way with it, where does that put him now?

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    you know...i think piquet and his dad are fools. they should have just kept quiet and left things as they were. this scandal reflects badly on renault and f1, but it also puts piquet in a very bad light. so now renault gets a suspended sentence and though piquet may have got a way with it, where does that put him now?
    I thnik no one will employ Piquet in F1 liao. No one will want a whistle blower in their mist.

Quote Originally Posted by raptor1988 View Post
    lol yeah, I tot it will be lenient but not to this extend. McLaren must be cursing their 50m fine they have to pay while Renault just continue like nothing had happened.

FIA is afraid of losing Renault.

So it's similar to what Mclaren got for the previous "lying" incident. Suspended ban.

However, Briatore has been given an indefinite ban from FIA-backed motorsports. Symonds got a lighter sentence. A similar ban, but limited to five years.

Quote Originally Posted by raptor1988 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Submarine71 View Post
    Guys, read carefully...

Renault will be suspended for 2 years(seasons) starting 2010, meaning they will continue the remaining races this year(season).

Carrect me if I'm wrong.
    They will only be banned if they commit a breach.

Well, they will suffer losses anyway, esp in their sponsors with such a ban coming up. Cant wait for the race nonetheless.
    Nikon.
    Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by agentxq49 View Post
    Well, they will suffer losses anyway, esp in their sponsors with such a ban coming up. Cant wait for the race nonetheless.
    Hi i think the english is more towards the way of writing things in law.

Quote Originally Posted by formula1 webpage
    The WMSC has decided to suspend Renault F1s disqualification until the end of the 2011 season. The World Motor Sport Council will only activate this disqualification if Renault F1 is found guilty of a comparable breach during that time.
    This means that there is no disqualification unless Renault makes an error anytime between now and 2011. Please read carefully.

erm... this means that if Renault is caught cheating again in similar fashion (from now till end of 2011), they will be permanently banned from F1?

so... for the next 2 seasons starting next year... are they still racing or not? if they are, then the "Suspended Disqualification" make sense. if they are not... then wtf??? how will you catch them cheating if they are suspended?

wah... their england so powderful until i got all confused
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

"comparable breach". does it mean that renault can do some spying and get away with it again?

In short - Renault WILL continue racing as per normal. IMO, that is all that we need to know, the rest of the deep English, we can ignore.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast