Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX - 27 Sept 2009

Default Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX - 27 Sept 2009

Quote Originally Posted by lioneldude View Post
    No if they investigate every crash they would be busy.

E.g. to explain Hamilton's crash in Monza last lap, he was pushing way too hard on exit of Lesmo 1 curve. He ran a little wide, perhaps left wheel touched the artificial grass (known as grasscrete) and with the bottom plank scraping the exit curb, he did not realise he had ran too wide this time around. Before he knew it, as he had applied hard on the throttle but was on the slippery grasscrete, the car had spun violently (bottoming out on curb could be a factor) and there was no way he could have caught the car.

Oh ok... Thanks... I thought there are not much incidents happening in races.. Like in Monza, only a couple of incidents and the big one is the Hamilton crash...

Anyway, I guess the FIA is ok with the results provided there are no controversies... It is only when Nelson spoke out and cause all these storm thsi time round... Who knows, such thing might be happening often behind the scene... just that the rest of the "kelong" never ever get out of the walls of the team office....

Quote Originally Posted by Lomographer View Post
    he forgets the fact how light the kart is at the back,

and how heavy a formula one car is in the front...

still, he's quite a good driver...
    You meant how heavy a F1 car is at the back.

Actually an F1 car weight distribution they always try to set it up as close to the front possible. Build the car underweight and place weight blocks under the bib tray (located just below and front the drivers' butt) to try to bring the weight distribution forwards.

A F1 car with more weight to the front handles better in the mechanical sense, better turn in, better rear end stability under braking and results in ability to carry more speed through the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    you still supporting the silly fool?
    haha i support Pork Slice too! Cos i met him at a Nescafe session on 25th Sept 2008 at Conrad Centennial! Shake hand + get him to sign on my model car! Prior to that still not convinced he is a nice guy, but after that session i find that he is much more a better PR guy than some other drivers.

Heard from friends about Kimi Raikkonen, he is a bad PR guy, esp from last year's newspapers.

Hello,

I hope I can seek some advice. Am coming from KL to the 2009 Singtel F1 GP next weekend. Read the rules for Grandstand and Walkabout tickets. It was stated that "Professional use Audio Visual, television or photographic equipment without approved accreditation" is prohibited. On the other hand, in the 2009 Ticketing FAQ, photographic equipment is not listed at all as prohibited items but they also stated the list is not exhaustive and the final list will be published on site.

Am not sure how to interpret this. Will I be allowed to bring a DSLR and if so, what kind of lenses? If I bring a 300mm or a 180mm, would that be regarded as pro gear?

If DSLR or telephoto lenses are not allowed, then I would not bring them from KL.

Any advice/clarification appreciated. Thank you.

If you bring equipment that is deemed professional, you will be required to sign a not for commercial purposes form.

Quote Originally Posted by woodwind View Post
    Hello,

I hope I can seek some advice. Am coming from KL to the 2009 Singtel F1 GP next weekend. Read the rules for Grandstand and Walkabout tickets. It was stated that "Professional use Audio Visual, television or photographic equipment without approved accreditation" is prohibited. On the other hand, in the 2009 Ticketing FAQ, photographic equipment is not listed at all as prohibited items but they also stated the list is not exhaustive and the final list will be published on site.

Am not sure how to interpret this. Will I be allowed to bring a DSLR and if so, what kind of lenses? If I bring a 300mm or a 180mm, would that be regarded as pro gear?

If DSLR or telephoto lenses are not allowed, then I would not bring them from KL.

Please see post #20 of this thread http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=574118

I think a ban from F1 or motorsport would even lead to Renault pulling out of GP2 engine supply deal, which could lead to lost of jobs at their F1 factory in Enstone, UK and Viry-Châtillon outside of Paris, France. A possible penalty could be exclusion from 2009 championship resulting in no points and no prize money/no travel money for flyaway races for 2009.
    I dun think the penalty will be too severe cos the ppl responsible are Flavio and Pat and they are gone! So Renault will prob ask for leniency. Probably a racing ban as a team for 1-2 years or some sanctions and a fine. FIA and F1 will want to keep Renault in F1, esp in these economic climate.

So its like Ron Dennis, he hightailed and McLaren got a wtf suspended race ban for Liegate.

wait ar sry for asking this stupid question F1 cannot bring DSLR in meh?

You meant how heavy a F1 car is at the back.

Actually an F1 car weight distribution they always try to set it up as close to the front possible. Build the car underweight and place weight blocks under the bib tray (located just below and front the drivers' butt) to try to bring the weight distribution forwards.

A F1 car with more weight to the front handles better in the mechanical sense, better turn in, better rear end stability under braking and results in ability to carry more speed through the corner.
    i think i wrote wrongly.

but lewis, he's always trying to push for better results,

and maybe that's not good for him?

what if at the end of the season heikki has more points then him?

lioneldude, you think it's possible?
    Pentax K-x

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    you still supporting the silly fool?
    Yes lo. I support McLaren, primarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    hehe..ok. just checking

Quote Originally Posted by woodwind View Post
    Hello,

Bring your dslr n tele n zoom lens. No problem. I was at last year's F1 with my gear. No problem - both at grandsrtands n VIP booths.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    I dun think the penalty will be too severe cos the ppl responsible are Flavio and Pat and they are gone! So Renault will prob ask for leniency. Probably a racing ban as a team for 1-2 years or some sanctions and a fine. FIA and F1 will want to keep Renault in F1, esp in these economic climate.

So its like Ron Dennis, he hightailed and McLaren got a wtf suspended race ban for Liegate.

Ya when it comes to punishment they will have to consider the financial impact on the industry as well. McLiaren got away light. Think they would impose stiffer penalty on Renault as the misdeed is greater. Probably lost of points n ban for this season. Don't think they would ban for next season. After all F1 is a commercial venture and they need Reanult too.

Question is do you believe that Alonso really don't know about the intention of Renault to crash, he is right in the middle of it and he made the early refuelling stop? The whole team is disgraced.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomographer View Post
    i think i wrote wrongly.

but lewis, he's always trying to push for better results,

and maybe that's not good for him?

what if at the end of the season heikki has more points then him?

lioneldude, you think it's possible?
    Well it is possible since Lewis has 27 and Heikki has 20. Maybe a 25% chance if Lewis makes silly mistakes. But it is clear that Lewis is much faster, has better talent. But Lewis lacks the skill to preserve the machinery, unlike drivers like M Schumacher and Fernando Alonso.

But even if Heikki beats Lewis in points this year, I still don't think McLaren will want to keep Heikki.

me too!
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

i'm sure Alonso is aware of the crashing plot. i don't think a double (or is it triple) world champion like him would start a race on low fuel and then coming in early for refueling and losing whatever places he got from the start (due to a lighter car).

what more, this being a street circuit... overtakings are not easy.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

actually McLaren is ok but i just don't like RD and pork slice (and snr pork slice too)

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    actually McLaren is ok but i just don't like RD and pork slice (and snr pork slice too)
    Ron Dennis is now out of the picture already mah...

Ron Dennis is now out of the picture already mah...
    porky is still there mah

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    Ya when it comes to punishment they will have to consider the financial impact on the industry as well. McLiaren got away light. Think they would impose stiffer penalty on Renault as the misdeed is greater. Probably lost of points n ban for this season. Don't think they would ban for next season. After all F1 is a commercial venture and they need Reanult too.

Question is do you believe that Alonso really don't know about the intention of Renault to crash, he is right in the middle of it and he made the early refuelling stop? The whole team is disgraced.
    Yes, I believe Alonso is aware of the plot but whether he approves or not I dunno know. I think the impact is greater on F1 as a whole rather than Renault cos F1 have 3 controversies in these 2 seasons. Many ppl will start to get disilliusion and have doubts with the sport.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast