Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hi Newbie Here,

Actually seeking advise for lens for close up shot and wide angle.

Pls advise...thanks in advance....

Default Re: Hello

hi, normal choice for wide angle cheapest is the kit 18-55, 10-20 also got, but more expensive less flexible, and not useful for close up.

if by close-up you mean 1:1 macro, not sure if it can be wide. normaly macro is 60/105/etc mm prime, will have MICRO or MACRO in the name, make sure you check stats on google to make sure its a true macro. normally quite ex, $300-500

Quote Originally Posted by aprilmoon92 View Post
    hi, normal choice for wide angle cheapest is the kit 18-55, 10-20 also got, but more expensive less flexible, and not useful for close up.

if by close-up you mean 1:1 macro, not sure if it can be wide. normaly macro is 60/105/etc mm prime, will have MICRO or MACRO in the name, make sure you check stats on google to make sure its a true macro. normally quite ex, $300-500
    Ok Thanks i'm having a Nikon D5K..which is better...

~Edit~

hmm doesn't the d5000 come with a kit 18-55 vr? im using a noob d40, but i saw my friend's d5k. at 18, you got a very decent wide angle 27mm.

If you want ultra wide angle for landscape, i'd suggest getting a manual focus 10mm-XXmm lens/prime, since 1.5x cropped sensor makes it quite hard to get a decently priced super wide AF-S. MF will give best lens for low cost (maybe <$400)

macro i'm not sure, check nikon forums/other brand lenses forum lower down on the main page. if you search should come out quite a few.

if you don't need macro 1:1, can get 18-50 Sigma "macro", which is actually 1:3. (a bit biased cos im trying to sell mine :P) but just go to those forums and search the prices are pretty decent, take your time and see. but make sure you test the lens before you buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by mugendevil View Post
    Hi Newbie Here,

Actually seeking advise for lens for close up shot and wide angle.

Pls advise...thanks in advance....
    Tamron 90mm F2.8

Tokina 10 - 24 F4

hello back

cheers
    to continue press hex key , to return to main menu press star

Welcome to the club! am using SIGMA 10-20

I think from the review the sigma 10-20 is good...

Blog Entries

Dear TS,

please tell us what kind of subjects for Close-up? and what kinds of subjects for wide-angle? What are the kinds of photo taking are you interested in, what light conditions?

Different lenses are suited for different situations, subject matter, light conditions. Tell us what you have in mind. We can't read your mind.