Thread: Hello everyone~

Default Hello everyone~

Hello everyone~ (: I'm new here, seems like this is a great place for me to learn photography! Saw many pros here posting up their photos, hope to learn from you guys. Btw, can anyone advice me on should I upgrade my camera? I'm new to photography and is using a nikon d40. Is that good enough for doing macro? I really love macro. thanks!

Default Re: Hello everyone~

Hello...welcome.

You just need a macro lens and a flash to get good macro pictures. You can use the Raynox adaptor on your kit lens with a diffuser on your build in lens as well.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

o.o ok may I know what is that? coz I didn't buy my camera myself, it was a gift from my uncle when he changed his camera, its quite old... I don't really know much about photography... so i really need someone to help me...

Quote Originally Posted by IceKachangKing View Post
    o.o ok may I know what is that? coz I didn't buy my camera myself, it was a gift from my uncle when he changed his camera, its quite old... I don't really know much about photography... so i really need someone to help me...
    If you use a dedicated Macro lens, you have to unmount your existing lens from the camera and mount this macro lens on the camera to allow you to go closer to the subject.

If you have a tighter budget, you can use your existing lens and mount a Raynox adaptor on the lens to give you a larger magnification and let you focus nearer to the subject.

Some info on the Raynox: http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/dcr/...exdcr250eg.htm
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Hello everyone~ (: I'm new here, seems like this is a great place for me to learn photography! Saw many pros here posting up their photos, hope to learn from you guys. Btw, can anyone advice me on should I upgrade my camera? I'm new to photography and is using a nikon d40. Is that good enough for doing macro? I really love macro. thanks!
    Hi IceKachangKing,

welcome to CS.

Just get a macro lens and start shooting. There are already plenty of advise in here, just keep reading and practising.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

o.o ok. thanks for the advice everyone! may i know how much will the raynox or a macro lens cost? i'm still only a student and does not have that much cash yet. my current budget is only about $200. thanks!

o.o ok. thanks for the advice everyone! may i know how much will the raynox or a macro lens cost? i'm still only a student and does not have that much cash yet. my current budget is only about $200. thanks!
    if u'r on a budget, the Raynox is one option u can consider... got my Raynox DCR-250 here http://www.lensmateonline.com/store/sx10sx1.html well within ur budget

Get a 90mm Tammy/105vr/Tammy 180mm/Sigma 150mm (1st or 2nd hd) depends on ur budget.

Lens matter more in macro, body wise, d80 and above will suffice.
    (since cpu for cam not essential as macro is all manual)

Invest in Raynox for xtra magnification.

Tats gd for a start.

If u really serious..

Invest in a real gd macro lens like 200mm f4

Just my 2 cents worth..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Oh ok, jus saw ur budget... get a used raynox with 50mm f1.8 or 55-200mm used as well (slightly above ur budget)
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

u can get the Raynox DCR-250 from here.

It will cost u $120 for a first hand and abt $90 for a 2 hand...

Well a very warm welcome to you, IceKachangKing!