View Poll Results: What format do you primarily shoot?

Voters
486. You may not vote on this poll
  • Film

    328 67.49%
  • Digital

    158 32.51%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 204

Thread: Who here still shoots primarily film?

  1. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    1,051

    Default To glt

    Good luck with your foray into MF, I'm sure you'll have a ball

  2. #82
    Member lightchaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Film!
    May consider Digital in the future if price is lower.
    Still have that special feeling for film photo taking which digital cannot replace.

  3. #83

    Default

    I think I'd use a cheap digicam to compose and find ideas, then use film camera in watever format to capture it.

    When the day comes where I can up keeprate of filmshots to 50%, I'll just ditch digicam.

    Idea?

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    6,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo
    I think I'd use a cheap digicam to compose and find ideas, then use film camera in watever format to capture it.

    When the day comes where I can up keeprate of filmshots to 50%, I'll just ditch digicam.

    Idea?
    Different perspective comparing digicam and SLR.... a bit hard to like practise on digicam then do it on SLR...

  5. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TME
    Different perspective comparing digicam and SLR.... a bit hard to like practise on digicam then do it on SLR...
    different perspective? if you are shooting the regular range should be ok right? unless you are opting of extra wide or tele prespective.

  6. #86

    Default

    I am not going to DSLR until full-frame-sensor DSLR sold at < 2k.
    Read the article "Film is still alive" on Popular Photography ... all the reasons why film is still alive are there.

    After release of Fulji Velvia 100F (RMS 8) and Provia 400F (RMS 13), the more I will stay with film especially printing slide is cheap nowadays.

  7. #87

    Default

    I am an amateur and do 95% black & white on traditional silver paper and is playing with some alternative processes. For these reasons, digital is inappropraite. Others may disagree, but I think a silver print is, in my eyes, not something that for the moment can be reproduced digitally. If you talk albout alternate processes, then digital is completely out!

    However, if I am a professional, and depends on photography to put bread on the table, I will change to digital in a flash!

  8. #88
    Member ltma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Digital and Film (slide)

    I use slide primarily for Panaromic Hasselblad Xpan II, but for street photography, I use dslr.

  9. #89

    Default

    saw the thread in the front page and tot it quite interesting, then realised it started in January!
    wow.
    I use film only.
    cos still can't afford a DSLR.

    very excited whenever I go collect photo from shop
    then feel a bit sayang that many shots dun turn out
    then will feel quite pleased with myself with some nice shots,

    well...

    contentment... its about the little things in life.

  10. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nyoyoke
    I use film only.
    cos still can't afford a DSLR.
    I use film only.
    I can afford a DSLR
    But I still use film only

  11. #91

    Default

    film, untill D7 is out , then i switch, it gonna rock !!!anti-shake !!
    Objection !!!

  12. #92

    Default

    I use 35mm...my A40's under-utilized for a long time liao...

  13. #93

    Default

    If you know how to use film and your camera , you will know how to use digital cam. film latitude is still better than digital ! Digital is just my assistance only sofar , so i still go for film !

  14. #94

    Default

    Haiya, in future slr that will support film and optional digital back. So new MP or sensor just need to replace the digital back etc. Leica R8/R9 film slr already have digital back so the technology is possible. Cost maybe not still but as we know, all technology will mature and come down in price.

    Buy lah, buy megathousand buck 10D, D100 and after 5 yrs sell me $300 and I will pass to my wife to play play

  15. #95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    I am not going to DSLR until full-frame-sensor DSLR sold at < 2k.
    Read the article "Film is still alive" on Popular Photography ... all the reasons why film is still alive are there.

    After release of Fulji Velvia 100F (RMS 8) and Provia 400F (RMS 13), the more I will stay with film especially printing slide is cheap nowadays.
    How expensive was printing slides back many years ago?

  16. #96

    Default

    much much more than now...
    though i hav DSLR....i still find myself constantly goin back to film when shooting events and models...haha.

  17. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    film, untill D7 is out , then i switch, it gonna rock !!!anti-shake !!
    As far as I am concern, it does not matter whether D7 is out or not, or whether D7 mark II or III, or for that matter, 1Ds mark 9 with all the rocks inside!

    I shoot film because I like it, and I just like the process of traditional black & white prints, and the silver photo.

  18. #98

    Default no money leh

    it would take me ages to buy a dslr base on my current allowance...

  19. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    6,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by staz
    it would take me ages to buy a dslr base on my current allowance...

    Get 2nd hand.... still very worth it...

  20. #100

    Default

    Film's still the way to go for me....

    Fell in love with RVP four years ago... still in love with it...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •